English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 06 April 2019, 19:52   #1
ProdigalAmigan

Eek Brand new BenQ BL912 does not remember settings!

Hello everybody!

I previously posted here about upgrading my BenQ BL702A monitor to the bigger BL912 and being out of luck because I couldn't buy it anywhere.

Then I saw Amazon.co.uk had gotten some stock in and decided to order it right away...

Sad to say I have two issues with this monitor (which should work as well as the BL702A with the Amiga.

1) No matter what adjustments I make for PAL 15Khz mode I get visible vertical banding on the screen (fixable 100% adjusting settings on the BL702A)

... and then the real big issue....

2) Switching from PAL/15 Khz screen mode to Workbench Multiscan mode (640x480 resolution) the monitor does NOT remember the settings made for this screen mode if loading up a game or demo with WHDLoad and resets to the defaults. Tried looking to see if there is a setting to disable auto adjust but couldn't find one....

Do anyone here know if there is a way to fix this issue? If not then I'll have to return the monitor back to Amazon where I bought it for a refund.

//ProdigalAmigan.
Old 06 April 2019, 20:56   #2
amigoun

ad 1) you should be able to get rid of the vertical banding, best to have a checkerboard pattern on wb and adjust first clock then phase.
ad 2) mine remembers multiple settings just fine. Its doesnt do autoadjust unless I press the button.
Old 06 April 2019, 21:06   #3
ProdigalAmigan

Hello Amigoun and thank you for your response!

It is so frustrating that the monitor does auto adjust everytime I switch mode. I have no idea how to get it to remember several settings. The BL702A that I have from before does it perfectly with no issues....

Do you know where I can get a hold of a checkerboard pattern for adjusting the banding/removing it successfully?

//ProdigalAmigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigoun View Post
ad 1) you should be able to get rid of the vertical banding, best to have a checkerboard pattern on wb and adjust first clock then phase.
ad 2) mine remembers multiple settings just fine. Its doesnt do autoadjust unless I press the button.
Old 08 April 2019, 09:17   #4
ajk

One of the default patterns in Prefs/WBPattern is a checkerboard, I've just used that for this very same purpose. Although I only have the smaller BenQ so can't vouch for the BL912.
Old 11 April 2019, 00:44   #5
ProdigalAmigan

Lightbulb

Okay here's an update:

I tried both the Multiscan monitor profile with the VGAOnly monitor profile (which worked fine on the BL702A monitor 100%) as well as the Euro72 monitor profile also with the VGAOnly monitor profile in place - neither one of them would remember the adjustments when switching from one resolution to the other on the BL912...

However I found that with the BL912 the DblPAL No Flicker monitor profile together with VGAOnly did produce an image. 1024x512 resolution (I think that is what the monitor reported as screen mode), and it runs smoothly *and* remembers the settings/adjustments made.

Strange thing about this though is that the DblPAL No Flicker monitor profile absolutely and totally refused to work on the BL702A monitor.

In any case it seems like I got it working fine now, so I won't have to return the monitor to Amazon, just it's slightly annoying that it wouldn't work with the Multisync monitor profile anymore ..... You wouldn't think that these two monitors would be so different. Then again there are no guarantees when running a monitor outside of its official frequency range....
Old 11 April 2019, 00:45   #6
ProdigalAmigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajk View Post
One of the default patterns in Prefs/WBPattern is a checkerboard, I've just used that for this very same purpose. Although I only have the smaller BenQ so can't vouch for the BL912.
Thanks for the suggestion I'll make sure to check it out and see if I can make the last fine adjustments to the pixelclock and phase settings. I think I have it decently adjusted right now.