English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 09 October 2014, 23:02   #101
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

What you can do is this:
- Run the latest version of FS-UAE with this config, shut it down, and copy Documents/Cache/Logs/debug.uae to somewhere else.
- Run the previous/faster version the same way
- Run a diff on the new debug.uae and the other one, and then you'll see any differences in config. Try to add uae_ options to the new version to make the internal uae config match the "fast version".
Old 09 October 2014, 23:54   #102
SnakeCoils

Ok, I have diff'ed the two debug.uae files, here are the diffferences between them:

Fast (older) Version:
Code:
floppy1type=-1
nr_floppies=1
Slow (newer) Version:
Code:
floppy1type=1
nr_floppies=2
mmu_model=68040
I suspect the MMU parameter is the responsible of all, in the old version its status is not declared in debug.uae while in the newer is.
I remember (and tlosm point it) that on my machine AIBB did not show as active on faster version while on slower version is shown always active.
I just tried to set the MMU to "none" and the speed is again the same as before :-)
In the end the parameters to set for restore the previous speed are:

Code:
uae_immediate_blits = true
uae_waiting_blits = false
uae_mmu_model=none
Old 10 October 2014, 10:17   #103
tlosm

Snake but i don't have that parameters set...
i just had been overwrite the old fsuae with the new one .
and have really less performances with mmu was like before.

edit: i had insert the lines in my config and the overall performance are better 25% compared before but 50% less the other configuration.
Note: on aibb the mmu still on and copyback too

Last edited by tlosm; 10 October 2014 at 13:57.
Old 13 October 2014, 03:08   #104
SnakeCoils

Version 2.5.19dev compiled for OSX PowerMacs and uploaded to The Zone!
Old 21 October 2014, 19:11   #105
tlosm

SnakeCoils , please can you check if you can start compile this?
i have a problem in cocoa framework . this is the last Qemu user-mode made for MacOsX is Qemu 0.91
when you .configure do it with
./configure --target-list="i386-darwin-user ppc-darwin-user" --disable-sdl --enable-cocoa --static --disable-linux-user --enable-coreaudio

let me know if you will able to compile it ... because im becoming creazy about
Im try to compile with MacOx X and last Xcode tools for 10.5 3.1.4

i forgot you need to copy the 0.91 in the 0.90 first :P
Attached Files
File Type: zip qemu-0.9.1.tar.gz.zip (2.67 MB, 171 views)
File Type: zip qemu-0.9.0.tar.gz.zip (1.81 MB, 159 views)

Last edited by tlosm; 21 October 2014 at 19:31.
Old 22 October 2014, 12:34   #106
SnakeCoils

@tlosm: I have just discovered to have severe heating issues on my PowerMac MDD, some compile errors were caused by memory corruption originated by excessive heat from the bottom CPU heatsink warming too much the DIMM modules on top. I have now made a temporary fix using a different brand/model of RAM, slower than before but running cooler, the system seems quite stable now and I could soon made some test to help you.
In the mean time you can try to force the compiler to use the GCC tools version 4.2, this for example fixed the build of latest SDLMame under PPC OSX.
Old 22 October 2014, 14:23   #107
tlosm

Ok SnakeCoils will try focing the gcc 4.2 use .
lets hope ..
This user mode is ppc cpu emulation user mode too :P
Old 09 November 2014, 13:31   #108
SnakeCoils

The 2.5.20dev does not compile in OSX PPC, same error both with GCC 4.0 and 4.2, this is where it stopped:

Code:
checking for msgfmt... /opt/local/bin/msgfmt
checking for zip... /opt/local/bin/zip
./configure: line 5535: syntax error near unexpected token `-fno-strict-overflow,'
./configure: line 5535: `AX_CHECK_COMPILE_FLAG(-fno-strict-overflow,'
make[1]: *** [config.status] Error 2
make: *** [bundle] Error 2
This happens when, after doing the ./configure command in the main folder I go to the /macosx subfolder and launch the "make" process.
Looking at the configure file I suspect that the same error will occour when processing the subsequent lines too.
Old 09 November 2014, 14:58   #109
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlosm View Post
/configure --target-list="i386-darwin-user ppc-darwin-user" --disable-sdl --enable-cocoa --static --disable-linux-user --enable-coreaudio
Don't mess too much with the configure settings (the target list makes no sense. It is pcc system mode you want, not user). Run ./configure-qemu-uae instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeCoils View Post
The 2.5.20dev does not compile in OSX PPC, same error both with GCC 4.0 and 4.2, this is where it stopped:
Have you run ./bootstrap.sh? (it's a good idea to run this after every pull, just in case some autoconf-related stuff has been changed).
Old 09 November 2014, 18:55   #110
tlosm

hi frode that was refered the qemu-user-mode from darwin build. i was asking snakecoils if he was able to compile it because i have many errors with compiler (old version for macos 10.2) . if we will able to build it probably we will have the ppc emulation too on FS-uae. because the user mode isnt any more supported by Qemu for darwinppc since 0.92.. and im sure this is the reason why fs-uae by snakecoils cant handle ppc emulation.
Old 12 November 2014, 21:47   #111
SnakeCoils

The bootstrap.sh was not included in the 2.5.20dev source but I have downloaded it from the FS-UAE git repository so in the end I had successfully build the PPC binary.
However I recently discovered that the resulting OSX bundle do not refer to the libraries inside but looks for the external ones installed by MacPort in /opt/local/bin/ so if you have the proper MacPorts tools installed all works fine, otherwise the application do not run, even if the needed library are present in the bundle.
I have read a thread here where it was explained that the Python script at the end will take care of this re-addressing the library calls inside the bundle but until now the FS-UAE build process never complete this phase because the python script at the end fails in the following step:

Code:
(...)
copying /opt/local/lib/libpng16.16.dylib
['install_name_tool', '-change', '/opt/local/lib/libpng16.16.dylib', '@executable_path/../Frameworks/libpng16.16.dylib', 'FS-UAE.app/Contents/MacOS/fs-uae']
@rpath/SDL2.framework/Versions/A/SDL2
copying @rpath/SDL2.framework/Versions/A/SDL2
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "../standalone.py", line 72, in <module>
    main()
  File "../standalone.py", line 66, in main
    changes = fix_iteration(app)
  File "../standalone.py", line 59, in fix_iteration
    changes += fix_binary(binary, frameworks_dir)
  File "../standalone.py", line 36, in fix_binary
    shutil.copy(old, dst)
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.4/lib/python3.4/shutil.py", line 228, in copy
    copyfile(src, dst, follow_symlinks=follow_symlinks)
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.4/lib/python3.4/shutil.py", line 107, in copyfile
    with open(src, 'rb') as fsrc:
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '@rpath/SDL2.framework/Versions/A/SDL2'
make: *** [bundle] Error 1
I could be wrong but it seems that the famous "@executable_path/../Frameworks/" that you told me to delete from configure.ac to go ahead in the build process now reclaim its attention :-)

So far all the binaries I have uploaded in The Zone are therefore useless without the needed MacPorts library installed also on the host system.

I will not upload more FS-UAE ppc binaries to the Zone until this issue will be resolved and the resulting bundle can really use the incorporated libraries.
If a cross compile of FS-UAE is possibile I will be more than happy to try it on intel OSX 10.6.8, maybe it is faster and less problematic doing a cross-compile instead of a native ppc build that is become difficult to maintain. All my MacPorts installation on Snow Leopard has been done with +universal option just to be ready to cross-compile both SDLMame and FS-UAE ;-)

@tlosm:
I have tried in compile the qemu-fsuae package but, as far I can understand, the main reason it does not work is because in the bsd-user subfolder it lacks a proper ppc definition, as it is present in linux-user folder. Until someone will provide this support I think every tries to build a proper fsuae-qemu module will fail.

Last edited by SnakeCoils; 12 November 2014 at 21:53.
Old 12 November 2014, 22:05   #112
tlosm

SnakeCoils
i had been asked on macports if they will fix the qemu-usermode if they will manage to do probably will be more near have Fs-Uae PPC mac work at 100%.

Now im managing to have it working on LinuxPPC but is nothing simple on ppc ... right now
Old 12 November 2014, 22:19   #113
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
I have read a thread here where it was explained that the Python script at the end will take care of this re-addressing the library calls inside the bundle but until now the FS-UAE build process never complete this phase because the python script at the end fails in the following step:
Yep, we've already talked about this earlier: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=969001&postcount=8

You can probably work around this by using install_name_tool to replace the id of the SDL library you are linking with (replace @rpath... with the full path to the library, and then re-link fs-uae). Something like this (from memory only):
Code:
install_name_tool -id /path/to/SDL2.framework/Versions/A/SDL2 /path/to/SDL2.framework/Versions/A/SDL2
Quote:
I have tried in compile the qemu-fsuae package but, as far I can understand, the main reason it does not work is because in the bsd-user subfolder it lacks a proper ppc definition, as it is present in linux-user folder. Until someone will provide this support I think every tries to build a proper fsuae-qemu module will fail.
The "user" modes should not be compiled at all. Did you run ./configure-qemu-uae (it calls configure with --disable-user, among other things).
Old 12 November 2014, 23:21   #114
tlosm

Frode this is ./configure-qemu-uae and make on Osx 10.5.8 ppc

Quote:
Undefined symbols:
"___sync_lock_test_and_set", referenced from:
_qemu_event_set in libqemuutil.a(qemu-thread-posix.o)
"___sync_fetch_and_or", referenced from:
_qemu_event_reset in libqemuutil.a(qemu-thread-posix.o)
"___sync_val_compare_and_swap", referenced from:
_migrate_set_state in migration.o
_qemu_event_wait in libqemuutil.a(qemu-thread-posix.o)
"___sync_fetch_and_add", referenced from:
_address_space_get_flatview in memory.o
_flatview_unref in memory.o
_object_unref in object.o
_object_ref in object.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [../qemu-uae.so] Error 1
make: *** [subdir-ppc-softmmu] Error 2

@SnakeCoils
I had a private chat with Raim the dev who make the port of qemu on macports .
he can gave an hand with his experience and with his patches for make the qemu-uae build on PPC Os X.
He is a Kindly person when you need join the irc channel of macports (there is a link on macport with webchat) and there ask to chat with him.

Last edited by tlosm; 13 November 2014 at 00:29.
Old 13 November 2014, 02:37   #115
SnakeCoils

Okay, after some experiments I have managed to push the python script to the end but following a different way, much less stylish but also effective.
When the compiling error in the post above happens, the bundle is almost complete, only few libraries are left out, this because the script stops before doing all the copy and past of needed libraries and frameworks.
Manually I added to the bundle the OpenAL and SDL2 binaries found in their respective frameworks, then I launched manually the python script a first time and this copy the remaining missing libraries.
After that I re-launch the python script a second time and this fixed the reference and permission of all the bundled libraries.
The resulting App runs perfectly both on my MDD G4 (filled of every sort of MacPorts devtools) and on a G4 MacMini I use for music streaming that has a vanilla 10.5.8 installation without Xcode, Macports and added frameworks.

The 2.5.20dev FS-UAE has just been uploaded to the Zone! ;-)
Old 13 November 2014, 09:23   #116
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

@tlosm You probably have an old (very old) GCC version. Functions such as __sync_lock_test_and_set should be available with GCC 4.1.0 and higher (https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4...-Builtins.html).
Old 13 November 2014, 09:51   #117
tlosm

yes it is the default gcc from xcode
i had been installed the 4.9 from mac ports but i cant handle for make has default
Probably SnakeCoils will have better opportunity for did the build.

@Frode edit .
i try the Build from Snake lastest and working good in 68k site .
i make just a test i enabled the ppc emulation but without the plugin and the
fsuae crash ... can be the same problem of the linuxPPc version?

Last edited by tlosm; 13 November 2014 at 10:20.
Old 13 November 2014, 17:36   #118
tlosm

Really sed stop here
Old 29 November 2014, 00:32   #119
tlosm

I MADE IT!!!!!
FINALLY!!!!
YEEEEEEEEEEEE

Guys im proud to say that i have the Qemu-uae core compiled for MACOSX PPC!!!!
I become creazy for weeks but it is here!

SnakeCoils! open the FSUAe for have the PPC emulation too

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x2srrvbata...mu-uae.so?dl=0
Old 29 November 2014, 19:11   #120
tlosm

Snakecoils please apply this diff to fs-uae/src/qemuvga/lsi53c895a.cpp
and lets hope the the cyberstom scsi will not crash any more.

https://www.diffchecker.com/giw2811a here is possible check the sources .

And use my plugin qemu-uae.so for start the ppc emulation
Attached Files
File Type: txt lsi53c895a.cpp.diff.txt (5.0 KB, 176 views)

Last edited by tlosm; 29 November 2014 at 19:18.