Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 05 April 2011, 12:06   #61
AndyLandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_b View Post
I've seen more professional looking mods on miniitx.com
That's bloody hideous!

Frank
You know, I can't quite dispel the possibility that CUSA isn't actually a real company at all, and that website is just an elaborate troll.
Old 05 April 2011, 12:22   #62
Hewitson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
Not that i can find the source now, ofcourse, that had been to easy*sigh* so i'll have to say i might be wrong, but i'm fairly sure i read that it was a deriviate design from a previous chip-design. Nothing wrong with that, thats the way everyone does it. Take the good bits, replace them with something new, and try to get a better end result.
Completely incorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B
Elektron's SidStation?

Actually, left over stockpiles of the SID chips were used for a LOT of things, heck, even Jens made a box that use the chip for it's soundqualities, if my memory isn't all wired wrong. (you have to find/install the SID yourself tho. No stock)
B!
You said MOS sold it to other companies to recoup development costs, the SidStation wasn't made until 1999, well after MOS and Commodore's demise.
Old 05 April 2011, 13:54   #63
JACK98

New c64 available for pre order

New c64 available for pre order- http://www.commodoreusa.net/CUSA_C64Select.aspx
Old 05 April 2011, 13:57   #64
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACK98 View Post
New c64 available for pre order- http://www.commodoreusa.net/CUSA_C64Select.aspx
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUSA
Service Unavailable

HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.

\o/
Old 05 April 2011, 14:41   #65
Siggy999

Nearly 800 bucks for the c64?

My God! That's more than I paid for my original c64 and a the disk drive back in the day - brand new.

More than I paid for my SX-64.

That's just insane! That was the only product I had even a passing interest in, but on seeing that - it would probably be way cheaper to try modding an old case and keyboard off ebay and filling it myself.
Old 05 April 2011, 14:57   #66
8bitbubsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by desiv View Post
[snip]
desiv
I agree a lot with you. They're just a company that wants to make some money and nostalgia kicks, and they also want to kind of be special again by using the "in keyboard" designs. So what if it's the same brand as the old computers we love? It doesn't ruin everything, unless you are a weak and affectable person. I think the idea of selling computers in a C64 case is very cool. If you have some money and want a little browser, chat, music etc machine, how cool wouldn't it to have the C64 one on your desk and play some good old retro games on it? The look changes the feeling, at least for many.

I agree that their ambitions might be too high, but it would be rather dull if they put no soul into it. Before you attack me because I said "soul": There was actually quite a lot work put into this CUSA stuff, even for the GNU/Linux rubbish stuff. Give them some respect. If they wanted much much more money then they would sell high-end machines in a cool demon chassis for teenagers. The fact that they care about the older designs shows that they are targeting us instead of the casual computer user.
Old 05 April 2011, 15:02   #67
Hewitson

Cool? Thinking of us? You've got to be joking, please stop before you make me sick..

They're milking a dead corpse for all it's worth. Desperate and very disrespectful.
Old 05 April 2011, 16:53   #68
khph_re

@BattleStarCanada
Hello mate, it's Khephren here from A.org. So you finally had enough? there's a few jumped ship the last couple of weeks. THere's still some good conversations over there, but you have to avoid the smell of Moobunny
Old 05 April 2011, 16:56   #69
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
I like the pictures of the A1000,A2000 and A3000 realy nice to see the invisable paint at work or should I say now thats what I call vapiour ware

so has any one used this new c64 os yet ??? where can I see it in action ??
Old 05 April 2011, 16:57   #70
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Looks all right really.
Old 05 April 2011, 17:07   #71
khph_re

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicfrog View Post
I like the pictures of the A1000,A2000 and A3000 realy nice to see the invisable paint at work or should I say now thats what I call vapiour ware

so has any one used this new c64 os yet ??? where can I see it in action ??
A few of the guys over at A.org are quite close to CUSA (Dammy I think). Maybe they've played with one.
Old 05 April 2011, 17:12   #72
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Can someone confirm that the jokers are asking 250$ for the chassis + card reader? Just can't believe it...
Old 05 April 2011, 17:12   #73
thgill

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyLandy View Post
You know, I can't quite dispel the possibility that CUSA isn't actually a real company at all, and that website is just an elaborate troll.
Old 05 April 2011, 17:49   #74
Franko
Happily Retired...

Hi everyone...

While I don't post here very often (mostly because my sense of humour would get on your nerves like it does with certain folk on A.org). I thought after the spate of good guys leaving A.org in recent days that I'd just pop by here and ask how do you guys manage to keep all this CUSA crap out of your site.

Amiga.org or soon to be renamed CUSA-Amiga.org has got way beyond a joke now with the amount of ruddy CUSA threads on it and I'm copping all the flack for being so Anti-CUSA over there. Heck even Transitions starting ruddy threads about CUSA.

I wish Pyro had the power to end it all but it doesn't look like it.

How do you guys manage to keep this site CUSA free...

PS:If anyones interested here's the REAL CUSA Videos...

Help save Amiga.org guys, it's sinking faster than CUSA's credibility...

[ Show youtube player ]

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 05 April 2011, 18:00   #75
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franko View Post
How do you guys manage to keep this site CUSA free...
Hmm, we don't actually 'do' much about it. I'm not registered on A.org (and not going to do it now), so I can't really comment on what's happening over there.
Old 05 April 2011, 18:13   #76
ChrisUnionNJ
Amibay Mod/Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Can someone confirm that the jokers are asking 250$ for the chassis + card reader? Just can't believe it...
Well it let me click the buy it now..

I have to say 250 is not bad for a custom case I have seen higher for PC crap cases I like this option better then I can put my own itx board in and
have a way better one then they sell a complete one for...

And another thing I worry about is you pay for it and never get it man I miss the days of C.O.D..
Old 05 April 2011, 18:21   #77
Jope
-

LOL @ all the butthurt. <graphical smiley depicting same>

If it isn't to your liking - don't buy it.
Old 05 April 2011, 18:47   #78
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

hmmmm

Interesting.... since the logo's and trademarks are shared between Commodore Gaming (a Hessenbergweg based company) and Yeahronimo Media Ventures in 2005... there's no mention to CUSA...

If CUSA are using motifs, logos and trademarks then they are in for a world of litigation. in all truth I see them as nothing more than shysters along with Amiga.STinc.
Old 05 April 2011, 19:08   #79
CritAnime

Just out of curiosity my sleep starved brain decided to start a thread on their "fan centric" site about the price. To be fair this was a silly mistake as it was pretty obvious what their reaction would be. Though it seems to be tamer reactions than what I was expecting.

http://www.commodore-amiga.org/en/fo.../2317-wow#2334
Old 05 April 2011, 19:13   #80
Kitty

I wonder if anyone from CUSA are regged on eab? I would have thought someone from their company
would be to see the general feedback on their products they are offering\selling, mostly negative