English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 11 May 2008, 15:33   #1
nOw2

uaenet.device problems

I'm trying to virtualise an existing A4000 which is pretty heavily used for network related stuff. 1.5.0 finally gives me the tools I need to do this (basically uaenet.device). It's great to see the machine running almost untouched in UAE :-)

I'm running MiamiDx (and really need to keep it) having switched a Hydra device for uaenet.device, and while it works I have the following problems:

* emulation slows to a crawl.
* very high Amiga-side CPU usage from Miami (Miami Downtown and Airport tasks).
* WinUAE b17 crash after a few KB of data is sent or received (in b17 at least, I'm trying to generate a crash report from b18 but it seems much more robust - was anything changed?).

Miami sees the traffic from the Windows side of the connection which isn't a problem for me but perhaps helps to explain the Miami CPU usage.

If there is anything I can do to help with debugging uaenet then I'm keen to assist.

Old 11 May 2008, 16:02   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

(moved from beta thread, this isn't really beta related and this may become long thread..)

Try running with -netlog parameter and check if you see anything interesting in logs (or just email both winuaebootlog.txt and winuaelog.txt)

Quote:
WinUAE b17 crash after a few KB of data is sent or received (in b17 at least, I'm trying to generate a crash report from b18 but it seems much more robust - was anything changed?).
There is no difference between b17 and b18. (except sprite update, simple archive update)

EDIT: b17 dump is fine, don't need to be from latest version.

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 11 May 2008 at 16:17.