English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware > Hardware mods

Old Yesterday, 01:44   #2521
kolla

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidcore View Post
there's SANA II which may help but unsure if that's only OS 3.9.
SANA II goes back to Commodore, so no worries
AdSense AdSense  
Old Yesterday, 11:05   #2522
8 Bit Dreams
Retro maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmab View Post
Nice stream yesturday, Stephen! Your A2000 looks amasing, really nice catch! seems like a Rev.6 to me (not sure).

Just wanna add some words about atx PSU You gonna use:
it may be difficult to find ATX v1.0 with -5v (white wire). This voltage was removed in the later versions of ATX PSU's as absolete, however, the Amiga 2000 uses this voltage for the ZORRO cards, so You will need/like to have it
If you gonna use an ATX power supply without the -5v output you could use a voltage regulator LM 7905 to adjust the voltage from -12v to -5v.

Due to the missing TICK signal you need to move the jumper J300 to the position 2-3 and if you have an Amiga 2000 REV4x you need to move the jumper J34 to the position 2-3.

Hope this will help.

Last edited by 8 Bit Dreams; Yesterday at 11:36.
Old Yesterday, 11:09   #2523
plasmab

Terrible Fire Accelerators

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Bit Dreams View Post
Nice stream yesturday, Stephen! Your A2000 looks amasing, seems like a Rev.6 to me (not sure).

Just wanna add some words about atx PSU You gonna use:

it may be difficult to find ATX v1.0 with -5v (white wire). This voltage was removed in the later versions of ATX PSU's, however, the Amiga 2000 uses this voltage for the ZORRO cards.

If you gonna use an ATX power supply without the -5v output you could use a voltage regulator LM 7905 to adjust the voltage from -12v to -5v.

Due to the missing TICK signal you need to move the jumper J300 to the position 2-3 and if you have an Amiga 2000 REV4x you need to move the jumper J34 to the position 2-3.

Hope this will help.

Aaarrrrrrrrggggghhhhhh! This is the 80th message Iíve had about the tick. I said I was using one of these

http://www.ianstedman.co.uk/Amiga/de...x_adaptor.html

With an ATX supply.

Will you people quit telling grandma how to suck eggs.

EDIT: Itís what I use on my NTSC A1000.

Last edited by plasmab; Yesterday at 11:21.
Old Yesterday, 12:27   #2524
8 Bit Dreams
Retro maniac

Quote:
Aaarrrrrrrrggggghhhhhh! This is the 80th message Iíve had about the tick. I said I was using one of these

http://www.ianstedman.co.uk/Amiga/de...x_adaptor.html

With an ATX supply.

Will you people quit telling grandma how to suck eggs.

Sorry, didn't knew it
Old Yesterday, 17:10   #2525
PR77

Quote:
Ive checked both the SPI_Alpha and Dev branches, impressive refactoring and awesome ideas (especially the 6800 module- I will try and apply this to my accelerator even though I'm using a 68000, I've ordered some 68SEC000 so the 6800 interface will need to be emulated).

I see that you are not using bit 3 @ 0xE80002 (chained config request), any particular reason for this?

Additionally, I was having a read of the Hardware and Technical Reference Manuals and I can't really find how the Amiga KS determines the conditions to stop reading from address 0xE80000 during the AUTOCONFIG phase. Does it simply loop through this range until D[15:12] = 0xF (asserted by the bus pulp resistors)? And valid AUTOCONFIG card will not have 0xF in all AUTOCONFIG "rom".

EDIT: Background to my questions are obviously when there are at least 2 Autoconfig devices to have a base address assigned. Ie, FastRAM and a R/W data port(s).

Last edited by PR77; Yesterday at 20:21. Reason: Clarification
Old Yesterday, 21:03   #2526
8 Bit Dreams
Retro maniac

Quote:
Hmm.. Never heard You have an A1000.. Does it mean that You will try to let TF530 to work on it some day??
Old Today, 04:26   #2527
plasmab

Terrible Fire Accelerators

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR77 View Post
Ive checked both the SPI_Alpha and Dev branches, impressive refactoring and awesome ideas (especially the 6800 module- I will try and apply this to my accelerator even though I'm using a 68000, I've ordered some 68SEC000 so the 6800 interface will need to be emulated).

I see that you are not using bit 3 @ 0xE80002 (chained config request), any particular reason for this?

Additionally, I was having a read of the Hardware and Technical Reference Manuals and I can't really find how the Amiga KS determines the conditions to stop reading from address 0xE80000 during the AUTOCONFIG phase. Does it simply loop through this range until D[15:12] = 0xF (asserted by the bus pulp resistors)? And valid AUTOCONFIG card will not have 0xF in all AUTOCONFIG "rom".

EDIT: Background to my questions are obviously when there are at least 2 Autoconfig devices to have a base address assigned. Ie, FastRAM and a R/W data port(s).

Read the Zorro iii reference manual. The bit is not set because the logical cards arenít related. Itís nothing to do with chaining
AdSense AdSense