English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene > Member Introductions

Old 14 January 2024, 19:47   #1
big mean bunny

a little introduction

Hi all, I actually signed up a while back but only just got around to posting. I owned an Amiga 500 as a teenager in the 90s and loved it, about 3 or 4 years back I picked up an A500 off Gumtree (now live in Sheffield) but haven't really done much with it, but yesterday was at the North West Computer Museum as my father-in-law is a regular and lives about 100 yards away from it, and was loving that one of the Amiga's has had the Gotek (?) fitted to it. So had the drive to get it back out and going to test it all again this weekend (originally it worked except some of the keys didn't seem to respond)

Aside from Amiga I am actually a massive Sega fan, particularly the Dreamcast and am one of the people who contributes to the Dreamcast Junkyard blog and pod, and I collect old football games for lots of systems, which is what I always loved about the Amiga as felt like it had loads of management games.
Old 29 January 2024, 17:09   #2
slaapliedje

Welcome to the party! Among my Amigas, someone at work gave me a really early model A500 with kickstart 1.2, in which I put a gotek in with a display on top. Fun machine to hook up and game with!
When going through various games in libraries for different computers, you can kind of start to tell what games were created on the Amiga and then ported elsewhere, vs ported to the Amiga from something else.
Granted, one can say the same about the Atari 8bits.