English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > Amiga websites reviews

Old 23 April 2023, 14:32   #1
ItsTheSmell

another amigakit tale of woah

I ordered an fpu & crystal on the 21st march & 2 weeks later it was still pending.
I reached out to them and they said they dont have the 14 dill crystal but they will search their warehouse.

A day or two later i decided to sell my ram board & cancelled the order. When i contacted them about it they tried to get me to buy a pistorm instead of giving my a refund. I declined the pistorm (its to complicated of an upgrade).
Amigakit has stopped replying to emails and it looks like they arent willing to refund me either.
Come on AK sort yourselves out.
Old 23 April 2023, 17:49   #2
desiv

Hoping things work out for you.
I have an order in myself that's right about at the 4 week mark and it still shows the status as pending...
But I haven't reached out yet. For a few reasons.
One, I'm across the pond, and I know things take longer to get here.
Two, I saw there was some time off they had early in April, so I am subtracting a waiting week. ;-)
Three, I tend to see Retro tech companies the same way I see local businesses in our small town.
I live in a small (basically a vacation spot) town. Almost all the small places have signs like:
"It's worth the weight" (with the word wait being crossed out and replaced with weight)
"We serve good food, not fast food"
or the more generic "Thank you for your patience"

These small businesses just can't be always staffed up for the surge traffic they get, and we are a slow moving people here... ;-)

I think of many of the retro stores in the same way.
Yes, sometimes they can be great and fast. But other times, they get slow...
It is unfortunate, but it happens...

I do think they should definitely be more communicative, but I get it if they are struggling. It can be hard to give customers bad news (we don't actually have that part)...

Now, I do still appreciate posts like this. I'm not saying people shouldn't be made aware.
But I look at it as more of a "heads up, they are slow again" message to other potential buyers than a complaint about the business itself...

But that's me...

Good luck!
I figure I am about a week from sending my first "Hey, is there a status update" to them on my order... And I don't expect a quick response based on the posts I've read recently. That's good to know... ;-)
Old 23 April 2023, 22:38   #3
ItsTheSmell

I didn't know about their break in april.
My anger is that they replied to my emails until I asked for my money back and now theyve gone conveniently quiet.
Also, if they dont have stock they shouldn't be selling the items, or at least say out of stock on their site, but as of a couple of days ago its still for sale. I think theyve been in business long enough to get this type of customer service wrong they way they are doing. I think its because paypal might still charge them a fee. Id be more understanding if they were transparent but its fishy.
When I do buy an accelerator I cant buy one from them or at least Im more likely to go elsewhere if possible.
Old 25 April 2023, 12:29   #4
ItsTheSmell

Im pleased to say I got my refund yesterday.