English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 12 April 2007, 10:27   #21
Ian
Global Moderator

Well done, you really rose to the challenge on this one.

What is the point asking for help if you are just going to cheat to make up for your lack of ability.
Old 12 April 2007, 10:47   #22
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

you tell him Ian!
Old 12 April 2007, 13:48   #23
MethodGit

Ian, you have no idea how fiendishly frustrating that level truly is. Have you ever beat it yourself?
Old 12 April 2007, 14:06   #24
Ian
Global Moderator

Yes.

I ask you, where is the satisfaction in cheating to do it though?

Cheaters do not prosper.
Old 12 April 2007, 14:07   #25
BippyM
Global Moderator

proof, we want proof
Old 12 April 2007, 14:10   #26
Ian
Global Moderator

Invent a time machine and rewind to my bedroom several years ago, then you will have your proof.
Old 12 April 2007, 14:11   #27
BippyM
Global Moderator

Or play it now usin winuae and record it ;P
Old 12 April 2007, 14:19   #28
Ian
Global Moderator

I don't like Lemmings anymore.

I was going to last night, I completed the first level of the demo and remembered how shite the game was and turned it off.
Old 12 April 2007, 14:29   #29
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Rrrrrright.

I did believe you but not anymore.

You suck!
Old 12 April 2007, 16:11   #30
sareks
Apprentice

the centre from the point where we started is far away...
Old 12 April 2007, 16:13   #31
BippyM
Global Moderator

eh?
Old 12 April 2007, 18:12   #32
AmigaBoy

You've gotta be kidding me right? You can't get through this? I'm with Ian. Lemmings blows, but even I was able to get it done. A couple of minutes thought and you'd have the solution. Anyway, for the cheaters out there, the solution follows. The entire level is based around 3 Lemmings. One main guy, and two guys that you get to watch blow up. That's all.

- Get 1 Lemming to build a path towards the 1 way wall.
- When he reaches the end, get him to build another path, but only about halfway. If you go any more, the other Lemmings will stupidly walk off and die. Stupid Lemmings. Anyway, by building half way, they fall but won't die.
- With the path built halfway, get someone to continue building the path. At that very same time (maybe even slightly before), get someone else to blow up somewhere under the bridge so that everyone else stays on the ground (and those that were on the bridge at the time will fall to the ground since we only have a bridge that's about halfway built).
- Now that your path builder guy has built his path to the chain on the left, get him to build another path, but this time to the top of the 1 way wall.
- As he's about to walk off the wall, give him the umbrella so he floats down.
- Just before he gets to the fire, make him build another path. If you don't, he'll walk into the fire and game over.
- Once he's over the fire, get him to walk near the exit. Once he reaches it, get him to build a bridge OVER the exit to the chain at the right.
- Once he reaches the chain, get him to walk back towards the fire. Before he reaches it, get him to build another path, but this time only high enough to get him to drop onto the first path (thus making a little mountain). It doesn't have to be precise since the other lemmings can drop off path 1 and walk through path 2 (Everybody got that? Good!)
- Now your lone hero is coming towards the 1 way wall. Get him to bash through.
- Now a river of Lemmings is going towards the exit, but they won't make it through. They'll walk over. So, somewhere towards it, get another dude to blow up at the path blocking the exit.
- Done!

With all this happening, make sure your clicking is precise. If you forget to click your builder guy at the wrong time, chances are he'll fall or die, and you'll have to start all over again.
I managed to do it with 95% and 16 seconds to spare. The only excuse you can possible have for not doing this is the time. It runs out quickly.
Actually, another excuse is the controls seem slightly different to the complete game, but I wouldn't know since I haven't played it in many years, and the full game sucks too I'm sure I just don't remember.

The End. Now everyone go out and rent (and/or buy, like I did), Quick Change ( http://imdb.com/title/tt0100449/ ). Do it or I'll get KillerGorilla to get Woody Harrelson to come to your house, watch your TV and mow your lawn. I swear, KG will do it. Don't tempt him. He's pretty tough. His last baby, came out sideways. He didn't scream or nothin'.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LemmingsDemo.gif
Views:	388
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	13656  
Old 12 April 2007, 18:30   #33
Ian
Global Moderator

See I must've have completed it as Jason has basically done it the exact way I said (although he has killed one more lemming than he had to, evil git )

Instead of blowing up a lemming when building near the one way wall you could've used one of the 2 bashers you have to break the bridge instead.