Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 11 February 2020, 11:23   #21
manossg

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
Great, thanks!
Old 11 February 2020, 18:51   #22
honx

is there no solution for this cell skipping?
Quote:
Originally Posted by honx View Post
one thing i discovered: if i use cursor keys to navigate on spreadsheet, one cell is skipped. for example cell a1 selected: after pressing right on keyboard c1 is selected, pressing left on keyboard a1 is selected again. row b is skipped. same behavior navigationg rows, a1 selected, button down a3 selected, button up, a1 selected again. a2 is skipped. is there any setting which lets me navigate every column/row using keyboard buttons without skipping anything?
Old 12 February 2020, 20:35   #23
ALB42

@honx:

sorry to hear, that. I do not see that problem. What Amiga did you try?

On my Amiga1200 030/50 MHz with MUI 3.8 I do not see that
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 12 February 2020, 21:23   #24
honx

as i don't have a "real" amiga capable enough working, i tried it using winuae.
configuration: 040, jit enabled. so this seems to be a winuae problem, i assume?
Old 12 February 2020, 21:32   #25
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
so this seems to be a winuae problem, i assume?
I really doubt that honx; but too lazy to try this out myself as I have no interest using spreadsheets on an Amiga...

AMIGASYSTEM would be testing this via WinUAE; and on various OS's

Probably something to do with your .HDF setup i.e. the OS that you use, patches that have been applied, your keyboard / language settings etc. I'd imagine.

Have you tried on a say a standard OS 3.1 installation, not your current complex setup, before blaming WinUAE?
Old 13 February 2020, 01:23   #26
honx

i've tried it on my main config, amigaos 3.9 with these inofficial boingbags 3&4 installed.
unfortunatly i currently don't have as standard os 3.1 config with mui read to test that.
Old 13 February 2020, 01:24   #27
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
unfortunatly i currently don't have as standard os 3.1 config with mui read to test that.
Surely that's a 15 minute job maximum to setup / test?
Old 13 February 2020, 01:29   #28
honx

well, i'm lazy, too. and if i want to use leu, i want to use it on my main configuration.
i rather not use something than using an extra configuration for just one application.
Old 13 February 2020, 01:43   #29
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
well, i'm lazy, too. and if i want to use leu, i want to use it on my main configuration.
i rather not use something than using an extra configuration for just one application.
I'm usually not lazy at all; but as mentioned, I have absolutely zero interest in running spreadsheets on an Amiga.

My suggestion is just to test whether or not it's an issue with your current complex setup or not; which I think should be quite important to you as you clearly do want to run this on your emulated Amiga.

Anyway, it's really up to you whether or not you can be bothered spending 15 minutes to find out.

...but as said already:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
AMIGASYSTEM would have testing this via WinUAE; and on various OS's
Not to mention that the author, or anyone else for that matter, have experienced what you describe...

To me it's obvious; something with your setup is causing the issue.

Last edited by DamienD; 13 February 2020 at 01:48.
Old 13 February 2020, 10:10   #30
honx

but testing it in another configuration still would not answer what is wrong in my main configuration. it would only answer for the question does i run in another configuration or not. whatever the outcome would be, it would still not work in my main configuration. to put it this way: i simply don't see any benefit in testing it in another configuration, since it does not help my main configuration in any way. and because of this copyright thingamajigs i can't even send anyone my main config and hardfile for help finding out.
Old 13 February 2020, 18:36   #31
AMIGASYSTEM

I do not know how to use the spreadsheet but me no cell jumps when I move with the cursor keys, see video

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EP...HBeQbrmO_oTHa2
Old 13 February 2020, 18:54   #32
Pyromania

Great app, thanks so much.
Old 14 February 2020, 09:23   #33
ALB42

Everyone calm down.. most likely thats a bug in Leu (or better a bug in MUIClass)

Quote:
i simply don't see any benefit in testing it in another configuration, since it does not help my main configuration in any way.

Maybe, but it might help the developer to reproduce this error and give a chance to fix it.

Is it MUI 3.8? (I never tried MUI 3.9+ on a 68k Amiga)

I guess it's some additional patches, because I also have a OS3.9 running (I forgot which BBs) and no problems there. Some additional patches? like MCP, new intuition.library (e.g. to move windows out of screen), something like that?

It would worth the try to boot without startup-sequence and then

setpatch
assign env: ram:
assign t: ram:
execute s:user-startup
(or even make the assigns for MUI: and libs: for MUI by hand, to make sure nothing else is installed in user-startup)

start Leu
Old 14 February 2020, 12:25   #34
honx

yeah, i'm using good old mui v3.8, never used any of the "newer" versions. not sure which patches have been added by boingbag #4, besides that i'm using visualprefs for 3d buttons and 3d gadgeds and birdie for titlebar-patterns. i don't have that news os 3.1.4.x, so there is no patch for moving windows out of screen present (which is os 3.1.4 only).

i copied mui branch out of user-startup into a new file called muistart so i could easily avoid running user-startup and run this one instead, then i booted without startup-sequence, then i executed muistart, navigated to leu and started it. so only assigns to ram: and assign to mui were made, no workbench and no screenmode available (only pal highres since there was no startup sequence on boot) and still it skips one cell on navigating.
i had to skip setpatch, because it reboots after 3 seconds and after reboot it reboots into full workbench, so there's startup-sequence involved again, which is clearly not wanted for this test. so for a proper start WITHOUT startup-sequence i had to start at assign env: ram:

so i still strongly assume, this must have something to do with my winuae os3.9 configuration outside of amigaos, since this skipping also occurs without startup-sequence/user-startup.

Last edited by honx; 14 February 2020 at 12:42.