English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 23 August 2017, 19:54   #1
Amiga1992

Miracle Piano System - help getting it to run 100%

So I wanted to try the Miracle Piano System for real now, going through with the lessons, but I landed onto issues while running it with my Amiga.

I am NOT using the actual Miracle keyboard, I am using any MIDI keyboard I have. Works well for input, and the system tries to output to it too.

Now the issues I found:

- I cannot hear the Metronome. Was that supposed to be played by the synth? I thought the Amiga would play it.
- I cannot change MIDI channels. Really annoying, as I have a setup with various MIDI devices and I don't necessarily want them all to be responding to the Amiga, or I want at least to choose. Maybe there is a hack possible to allow us to use different channels?
- Visual tracking seems to stop randomly. I can complete lessons, but the "cursor" doesn't follow after a random number of notes pressed. I am running it on an accelerated system with 3.1, perhaps this is just a slight software incompatibility.

Does anyone know for real how the whole system works if it is just one keyboard? Was it multitimbral/polyphonic?
If it is playing metronome on the keyboard too, does it do it at another channel? I have to run the whole thing through a MIDI monitor to get a few answers, but the metronome issue seems weird. Tested on WinUAE and it also makes no metronome sounds either.

Any help appreciated.