English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 11 February 2007, 14:31   #81
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Beta 6:

- FPU emulation floating point to integer conversion fixed, previously for example float -> byte conversion simply truncated to byte instead of clamping it to -128 or 127 if original value can't fit in a byte. Same problem was with words and longs. (Aske Christensen)
- uaeserial.device compatibility fixes
- A500 D80000-DDFFFF area is unmapped (except possible RTC at DC0000) higher end models can have other MB devices here
- A1000 is most likely the only Amiga model that has custom chips mapped at D80000-DDFFFF
- RTC access is now exactly same as in real A500 (if more compatible setting enabled)
- AGA end of fast (or chip if no fast) to BBFFFF is not mapped, same with C00000 to D7FFFF. (Need more testing) Mapping changes may help with some buggy programs that poke illegal addresses.
- My A1200 seems to have KS ROM mapped at 0xA80000-B7FFFF. But with Blizzard 1260 installed it is replaced with 64kb "bank" of RAM from card's expansion RAM.. It seems all "unmapped" areas map to Blizzard's expansion RAM. Quite interesting effect.. (not emulated)
- serial port detection update. For some reason not all serial ports (at least some USB types) can't be detected by enumerating GUID_CLASS_COMPORT class. (and this was supposed to be the proper way to do it..)
- do not log KS motherboard RAM probe (less useless spam when booting)
- Picasso96 graphics corruption introduced in previous betas should be fixed (also other changes, can be faster or slower in some cases, also there is possibility something else broke..)
Old 12 February 2007, 19:36   #82
Ed Cruse

Beta 6

I think I have found two bugs with b6.

1. My 1.3.4 config has the GUI flags set in Misc, b6 ignores it. When I do a F12 it shows unchecked and it's disabled so I can't check it.

2. When I use the -disableharddrivesafetycheck on the command line, it appears the main Windows display for the Amiga comes up before and in front of the dialogue box that warns me about the safety check. This makes it very difficult to OK the dialogue box, the Alt-Tab doesn't work. I end up doing a CTRL-ALT-DEL which bring me back to XP in which I can OK the dialogue, the Amiga then boots. With 1.3.4 the safety check dialogue came up before anything else.

Ed

Old 12 February 2007, 21:12   #83
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Cruse
I think I have found two bugs with b6.

1. My 1.3.4 config has the GUI flags set in Misc, b6 ignores it. When I do a F12 it shows unchecked and it's disabled so I can't check it.
Please be more specific. GUI flags = ?

Quote:
2. When I use the -disableharddrivesafetycheck on the command line, it appears the main Windows display for the Amiga comes up before and in front of the dialogue box that warns me about the safety check. This makes it very difficult to OK the dialogue box, the Alt-Tab doesn't work. I end up doing a CTRL-ALT-DEL which bring me back to XP in which I can OK the dialogue, the Amiga then boots. With 1.3.4 the safety check dialogue came up before anything else.
Why do you have harddrive configured in configuration file that needs -disableblahblah? It is only meant to be used once to allow partitioning empty harddrive.. (=dialog appears when adding the drive, not when starting emulation)

Anyway, I'll take a closer look..
Old 13 February 2007, 04:59   #84
flibble42

CD Device selection..

Toni this is stunning, i have been playing with WinUAE for years and it keeps getting better. I have my old Amiga config running on it, so thank you for your hard work.

This may have been asked about before.. Not being a coder, i was wondering how easy(or hard) it would be to put in a device selector for the CDTV/CD32 emulation. I have 2 physical cd rom drives and 1 virtual, it would be nice not to have to move all the drive letters around to use them.

Also, it's not important, any idea if it would be possible to get the CD+G working on the CDTV? (did the cd32 support that?).

Thanks for your time and devotion to the project

Flibble

Last edited by flibble42; 13 February 2007 at 05:23.
Old 13 February 2007, 11:15   #85
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Toni, I'm still having that crash problem with 256 screen height

.dmp file is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip winuae_1406_20070213_101401.zip (9.2 KB, 156 views)
Old 13 February 2007, 13:23   #86
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flibble42
This may have been asked about before.. Not being a coder, i was wondering how easy(or hard) it would be to put in a device selector for the CDTV/CD32 emulation. I have 2 physical cd rom drives and 1 virtual, it would be nice not to have to move all the drive letters around to use them.
WinUAE CD32/CDTV emulation does not care about drive letters, it enumerates all drives and selects first one with CD32/CDTV CD inserted. If no CD32/CDTV CD, select first drive with Audio CD. No Audio CD detected -> select first drive and keep listening for CD media change messages and try again when CD is inserted in any drive.

Quote:
Also, it's not important, any idea if it would be possible to get the CD+G working on the CDTV? (did the cd32 support that?).
CD+G support needs subchannel data and you can't read it without direct SCSI-style access = not worth the trouble.. perhaps in future..
Old 14 February 2007, 02:12   #87
flibble42

Thanks for that Toni, hadn't realised.

Flibble
Old 14 February 2007, 21:16   #88
Narf the Mouse

For some reason, I totally forgot about this forum. No idea how or why.

Anyway, Cloantas' default.uae now loads correctly without the need of additional changes - Ie, the memory problem is now fixed.

However, it still refuses to access Cat:

Log included at here. Warning: Long. 30 megs. For this log file, I used Cloantas' default.uae
Old 14 February 2007, 21:24   #89
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narf the Mouse
However, it still refuses to access Cat:

Log included at here. Warning: Long. 30 megs. For this log file, I used Cloantas' default.uae
What is this log supposed to mean? Log is full of repeating errors but it does not help much (lines after first few error messages are no use)

CW detection information is in winuaebootlog.txt..
Old 15 February 2007, 09:37   #90
Narf the Mouse

Oh, sorry, didn't know that.

winuaebootlog.txt
Old 15 February 2007, 09:45   #91
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

CW detection looks ok but I don't think AF default.uae has catweasel floppy enabled by default (CW checkbox in misc panel)

You need to find the cause for error messages in log first (it has nothing to do with CW)
Old 17 February 2007, 15:49   #92
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Beta 7: (possible bug fixes and small tweaks left)

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_1400b7.zip

- Picasso96 graphics problems really fixed
- adjusting GUI sound settings on the fly does not anymore cause random sound issues after returning back to emulation (like missing channel(s) for few moments etc..)
- Action Replay 1, ver 1.0 added to ROM scanner identication list

Reply if there are still bugs introduced in previous 1.4 betas left (even if you have posted about it previously)
Old 17 February 2007, 20:10   #93
thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor
WinUAE shows only first audio track when using CDTV config+NeroASPI or FrogASPI. Continues to play the other tracks, but you can't select them or skip to them. Does not appear when using CDTV+SPTI or CD32.

WinUAE does not stop playing Audio CDs after quitting when played with CDTV audio player. CD32 is fine.
These are still in b7
Old 18 February 2007, 10:05   #94
thomas

Using OS3.9's HDToolbox on uaehf.device crashes WinUAE, no matter if used on a HDF or a real HDD. 3.1's HDToolbox works fine. Docs attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip crash.zip (20.3 KB, 134 views)
Old 20 February 2007, 21:34   #95
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

fixed:

- CDTV CD audio not stopping
- Incorrect CDTV CD audio track count in ASPI-mode
- uaehf.device crash if trying to open unit >= 30
Old 21 February 2007, 03:01   #96
thor

Old 21 February 2007, 11:43   #97
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
dont know if its still worth mentioning, but the HD led is still the wrong way round on my G15 keyboard no matter which of the three keys I attach it too and usb mode enabled.
Old 21 February 2007, 19:45   #98
Narf the Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen
CW detection looks ok but I don't think AF default.uae has catweasel floppy enabled by default (CW checkbox in misc panel)

You need to find the cause for error messages in log first (it has nothing to do with CW)
You mean the 'load config 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Amiga Files\WinUAE\Configurations\default.uae':0
obsolete config entry 'kickstart_key_file'
obsolete config entry 'sound_adjust'
obsolete config entry 'fast_copper'
obsolete config entry 'catweasel_io'
LCD: Logitech LCD system not detected'?

What do I replace them with?

Hmm...In the winuaelog.txt: 'Illegal lput at 00200000=00000000 PC=f80240'

In the CAT file: 'MaxTransfer = 0x00200000'...

Thoughts?
Old 22 February 2007, 13:56   #99
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narf the Mouse
You mean the 'load config 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Amiga Files\WinUAE\Configurations\default.uae':0
obsolete config entry 'kickstart_key_file'
obsolete config entry 'sound_adjust'
obsolete config entry 'fast_copper'
obsolete config entry 'catweasel_io'
LCD: Logitech LCD system not detected'?

What do I replace them with?

Hmm...In the winuaelog.txt: 'Illegal lput at 00200000=00000000 PC=f80240'

In the CAT file: 'MaxTransfer = 0x00200000'...

Thoughts?
Do you mean it boots without errors in log if you disable catweasel and remove CAT-mountlist?

There is no replacement for listed obsolete entries, they are completely obsolete, just resave the config to fix it

Maxtransfer has nothing to do with memory address in the log.
Old 24 February 2007, 17:22   #100
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Beta 8: (RC 1)

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_1400b8.zip

- uaehf.device unit >=30 crash fixed
- CDTV CD audio will be stopped when exiting/reseting
- correct CDTV CD number of tracks returned in ASPI-mode
- re-added and fixed special case handling for 68k reset-instruction when more compatible CPU setting is not enabled
- filesystem ACTION_COPY_DIR_FH packet memory (lock) leak fixed