English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Off Topic > OT - General

Old 07 January 2019, 23:55   #41
Neil79

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo073 View Post
referring to the articles of indiretronew, I've seen on Twitter to talk about the games of 2018 and the controversial backbone games, it is clear that who wrote that in the name of indiretronews likes to have controversy with the backbone games, why the comments go up and that will give you some kind of benefit ... I do not just feel sorry ...

Where have I posted on Twitter regarding the talk about the games of 2018 and it being controversial??? I HAVE NEVER EVER SPOKEN DOWN ABOUT YOUR GAMES!

Refer to my articles praising YOUR games up

Cuba 1898 - A new Amiga game in development from Iron Gate

Quote:
Sure enough as in the case of the developer Iron Gate who created games such as The Zing, The Real Brus Lii and Mini Legión they have since announced a new game to take us into 2019 and that is Cuba 1898. A very early stage announcement of a game that has inspirations to Konami's late 80's game of Green Beret.

http://www.indieretronews.com/2019/0...velopment.html

Quote:
Amiga users looking for their next Amiga game fix, might be interested to know that Iron Gate, the same team behind Mini Legion, have announced a new downloadable game called The Real Brus Lii.
Quote:
According to Iron Gate they have told us this martial arts game with multiple enemy types such as Ninjas and Zombies, was created with a game editor called Backbone, and the entire graphics of the game was made in Deluxe Paint V
http://www.indieretronews.com/2018/1...sed-amiga.html

Quote:
Iron Gate is certainly no slouch when it comes to making Amiga games, games such as The Zing, The Real Brus Lii and Mini Legión to name but a few. This time however Iron Gate is going all festive as recently they released their Amiga Christmas game ' A Christmas Carol' ,
HIGH PRAISE, but noting backbone due to other peoples issues. Other than no negativity from us on Indie Retro News at all!

Quote:
The game features a lovely soundtrack, nicely detailed areas and characters, but does yet again suffer from being developed using Back bone, which as many of you have protested against multiple times on this site.
http://www.indieretronews.com/2018/1...-game-for.html

Quote:
Even more Amiga news to get through this week as we've been informed that 'Mini Legión ', which is in development by Iron Gate for the Amiga, has been announced as coming to a download near you as of next week [See Update]. This game as the second in a trilogy of small mini games will not only be released as a free download, but the developers are also going to make a number of physical boxes by request at the price of €10 + shipping costs.

http://www.indieretronews.com/2018/1...e-set-for.html

Last edited by Neil79; 08 January 2019 at 00:13.
Old 08 January 2019, 01:18   #42
jojo073

Last edited by jojo073; 08 May 2019 at 11:03.
Old 08 January 2019, 02:50   #43
amiman99

Best way to respond to haters is not to respond to haters. Just ignore them, don't even quote them in the responses.

I made 2 games with Backbone, working with Backbone is a major pain in the butt. Constant crashes, saving problem because the filename is corrupted, etc.
But, I was able to finish them and results were acceptable.
Old 08 January 2019, 08:58   #44
jojo073

Old 08 January 2019, 13:01   #45
Brainvibe

Was reading this article https://hackaday.com/2018/06/21/the-...title-of-2018/

The game looks amazing and fast etc.. and by checking the comments, I honestly don't know what ppl expect from Amiga or the developers at this point.

Oh well...
Old 08 January 2019, 13:10   #46
Neil79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainvibe View Post
Was reading this article https://hackaday.com/2018/06/21/the-...title-of-2018/

The game looks amazing and fast etc.. and by checking the comments, I honestly don't know what ppl expect from Amiga or the developers at this point.

Oh well...
Worthy is an awesome game, and sits nicely on my Amiga shelf!
Old 08 January 2019, 13:46   #47
jojo073

Old 08 January 2019, 14:08   #48
E-Penguin
Banana

I only ever play Settlers but I appreciate all games made for the Amiga. The time and effort that goes into drawing, or coding, or music making is significant and deserves respect.
Old 08 January 2019, 17:38   #49
mcgeezer

I think the point here is that Indie Retro News is (as the name suggests) a news site and not a game review site.

It doesn't matter how good or bad a game is it will always take criticism - even AAA titles do on the next gen consoles.

"You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time."
Old 08 January 2019, 18:10   #50
Brainvibe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgeezer View Post

It doesn't matter how good or bad a game is it will always take criticism - even AAA titles do on the next gen consoles.

"You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time."
Well said good sir.

https://i.gifer.com/7G2q.gif
Old 08 January 2019, 19:00   #51
jojo073

Old 08 January 2019, 19:39   #52
mcgeezer

Quote:
Of course if ... what I have to do is accept that they say that my game is trash because it is made with backbone, that my games are a shame and that my games should be forbidden to do them in Amiga ... after all is a critique fully documented and well posed ...

The bad thing about the good guys is that they want to please everyone including the haters ....

I do not need my games to be botched in indiretronews. But I respect that if there are developers who like the style of the haters continue to include their productions on this website ...
So it just seems to be jojo that you want to take the good without the bad... unfortunately thr world doesnt work like that.
Old 08 January 2019, 19:45   #53
jojo073

Old 08 January 2019, 20:07   #54
mcgeezer

Quote:
At some point things have to change ...
What can not be is that I recive an email from a developer who does not show his creations for fear of certain types of characters ...
Everyone has the right to teach their work, whether or not it is liked by certain haters ...
If someone tells me that my games are trash or that they are an insult to commodore Amiga, it is destroying the scene and I as a creator will always find those people or goodies who say that haters have the right to scare creators. ..
Not one more hater ... and support the honest creators ... and I emphasize the honest ...
OK, I've re-read the thread. Just to clarify....are you referring to the PM I sent you here?

Back on topic...

At the end of the day and to quote a line out of Batman ... "Some people just want to watch the world burn"...

and it is so true, they don't want anything and they are just bitter twisted fuckers who are just unhappy with the lives and just try their best to make other unhappy too.

Such people are best ignored otherwise you give them their entertainment and it will detract you from doing what you love.
Old 08 January 2019, 20:12   #55
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

I was happy that the Cocobanana thread was closed and now... there is this one
Old 08 January 2019, 20:22   #56
mcgeezer

This is a far cray away from the Coco Banana thread, this is just a discussion and is on topic.
Old 08 January 2019, 21:43   #57
spoUP

Maybe you could try Red Pill? People seem to like it. It's also actively developed so maybe you could request new features that you need. I have never tried either backbone or Red Pill though, just a friendly suggestion. =)

I am tempted to try Red Pill, it looks fun!
Old 08 January 2019, 22:51   #58
jojo073

Old 08 January 2019, 23:06   #59
amiman99

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgeezer View Post
At the end of the day and to quote a line out of Batman ... "Some people just want to watch the world burn"...

and it is so true, they don't want anything and they are just bitter twisted fuckers who are just unhappy with the lives and just try their best to make other unhappy too.

Such people are best ignored otherwise you give them their entertainment and it will detract you from doing what you love.
So true! The internet brings hate in people, and I don't think it can be stopped, but only ignored, like dirt on the ground, just step on it and move on.
Old 09 January 2019, 18:26   #60
MigaTech
Only Amiga !!

The real issue here is that the haters tend to forget where the video games originated. The Amiga was offered in a time when it was just flat sprite graphics and not so many colours available to the programmer. Not to mention that the chip memory was just non existent.

Thanks to computers such as Amiga, Atari Apple, the computer games industry was taken to whole new level. For the first time games were seen in a different light. It paved the way for those to criticise games, that would have once been rated top notch.

As the tech gets better so does the programming and people expect more and more, all the time. The Shadow of the beast was re-released on PS4, yes the graphics are just stunning but the game is nothing like the original. Fortunately the developers also included the Amiga original built into the game. Showing just where it all began. Yet do you think that anyone born from 2000 onwards are going to understand the Amiga original? <-- (No offence intended to people born in the years stated, just used as an example only.)

It might have something to do with the fact that we become accustomed to certain criteria as technology and development continue. So the old video games from the early days of 16BIT, have no comparison on the later titles. Anymore than they would if compared to 32 or even 64BIT.

It can be accepted that persons who didn't live through the times when retro tech was top of the line, slate this type of game and/or programming. Not because it is bad but simply because they do not understand it. To have come from the Amiga era and still slate it, is not good because this shows no support, to either the platform or the programmer.

jojo073 is not about any of this, he is just trying to offer something new to Amiga that is based on what he remembered and enjoyed from back in the day. From his very graphical design you can see that early 1980's video game concept and feel. This is retro gaming at its height, before it all started to change.