English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 07 March 2002, 01:17   #1
Tonycrew

Send a message via ICQ to Tonycrew
My Memories

I have to admit i am a Commodore Freak. :eek

My first commodore was a VIC 20 which i bought from Commet priced at £139.99, i loved it you could get games from £1.99 which were the Mastertronic range. My 1st Vic 20 game was King Solomon's Mines After a while it broke as the power pack burnt out through constantly playing on it.
But lucky for me i got a C64 for christmas and i was totaly addicted, most of my mates had Atari 2600 and had to pay £30 a game and that was in the early 80's.
It was about 1991 when i got my 1st Amiga it was the A600 nice little and compact compared to the A500 no modulator needed, But had one drawback ARGHHHH No NumPad dam no flight sims for me. I remember playing F1GP and Putty For hours.

Shortly after that i got the A1200 Comic Relief Pack with Sleepwalker, WOW AGA this was the bees knees for me, until CD32 and yes i had to buy one, So in just under 2 years i had bought 3 Amiga's but they were worth it.

Microcosm on the CD32 was amazing as well as Liberation, but unfortunatly commodore were in trouble and they wern't getting the software support they needed for CD32, 3DO's were knocking about at a hefty £500 and SegaCD and 32X were also a choice, Playstation was on the horizon with Nintendo at 1st then on thier own, All in all Too many computers/Consoles were becoming available. And the rest is history.

But for me the AMIGA was king of the computer word.....
Old 07 March 2002, 01:36   #2
TikTok

It sounds like you had the same A600 pack as me - the Wierd, the Wild and the Wicked. I loved F1GP When I first played it I didnt read the manual, and it wasnt til a few days later I realised you could do replays. Wow, replays. It was just like TV . I even typed in all the real driver's names several times on Christmas Day and Boxing day because I didn't have a floppy disk to save them to .