English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 24 June 2016, 22:24   #101
Jgames

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiE View Post
I just read the kickstarter page and i don't understand one thing
as karate guy he uses shuricans and as ninja guy uses m16? It has no logic at all :-)

also may 2018 as target date seems a bit too far in the future for indie game
Yes, but that's how it turned out

I don't want to lie about the date, and then get into the delays excuse.
I would like to give a quality product.
Old 25 June 2016, 02:47   #102
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

Is the machine gun just a temporary power-up, something that lasts 60 seconds or so?
I see that in ninja form we will get some swordplay, good. Nunchakus? Metal claws on his hands? Claws deal more damage?

I just had a cool idea, what about an uzi instead of an m16, a Ninjuzi (Nin-Juzi). Its smaller and sleeker. Why not put some sacred ninja symbols on the gun too, just for fun.
Old 25 June 2016, 06:14   #103
Jgames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Browne View Post
Is the machine gun just a temporary power-up, something that lasts 60 seconds or so?
I see that in ninja form we will get some swordplay, good. Nunchakus? Metal claws on his hands? Claws deal more damage?

I just had a cool idea, what about an uzi instead of an m16, a Ninjuzi (Nin-Juzi). Its smaller and sleeker. Why not put some sacred ninja symbols on the gun too, just for fun.
The machine gun will be permanent, like the shurikens in normal form.
It will deal more damage and cut through ninja defenses and other enemies with sheilds more easily.
I'll see about the uzi instead, If think it will look better and easier to handle for Dan I guess.

Shadow Gangs Kickstarter now live here:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...action-revival

Last edited by Jgames; 25 June 2016 at 17:42.
Old 27 June 2016, 13:23   #104
Jgames

Just to let anyone that might be interested in the game know that the amounts required got cut down to approximately 50% on all rewards.
Old 23 July 2016, 13:20   #105
Jgames

Hi Everyone;

The Shadow Gangs kickstarter is in it's final hours, and I would like to let anyone who is interested but hesitated for some reasons about
the enhancements and changes that the full version will have:

-If the graphic style is an issue, there will be filters available to add scanlines or any other full screen shader effects that are
available already for emulators like Mame, Winuare etc...

-Also concerning the graphics, all the characters will be drawn by the same artist who did Dan and the ninajs, this will ensure coherent
art and of higher quality.

-The animations frames will be double or tripled in some animation types (dying animation and others).

-A lot of special effects will be added, some using shaders or with added shaders. Blood, bullet trails, better bullet effects, hit effets,
smoke etc...these will make the screen busier.

-If you didn't like the game because of lack of diversity, there will be a lot more interactions, Dan will have an inventory to store
sepcial weapons and sepcial attacks (magic), there will be elements of search, recovering money, freeying all types of hostages, some
elements of adventure/exploration too like using the ninja double jump to get to secret areas.

-The ninja form will allow Dan to take one hit without dying (but will cause him to revert to his fighter form). Also the ninja form will be available at about 10 to 15% of the level start.
This will put the difficult a lot down.

-And many many more enhancements and fixes. A full list is in the Kickstarter page.

I would like also to ask you to actually play the current demo, to get a real feel of the game and see it actually on your screen not just on videos.

Bellow is the new Dan as ninja which is being done now by the sprite artist, and the first frames of the attack drone.

Also, if the game succeeds the Kickstarter, all backers without exceptions will get regular milestone builds.

Many thanks!

Old 23 July 2016, 13:29   #106
DamienD
Banned

Hello there Jgames,

Thanks for the update

...I must say though that I'm really not a fan of the assault riffle for the ninja

I'm going to back your project anyway my friend

Edit: Done!!!

Last edited by DamienD; 23 July 2016 at 13:45.
Old 23 July 2016, 20:29   #107
Jgames

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Hello there Jgames,

Thanks for the update

...I must say though that I'm really not a fan of the assault riffle for the ninja

I'm going to back your project anyway my friend

Edit: Done!!!
Thanks a lot Damien!
Old 24 July 2016, 19:53   #108
DamienD
Banned

Heya Jgames,

Just received an e-mail from "Kickstarter" saying that your project has been cancelled

Yesterday I saw that you had about £4,000 in pledges but your target was something crazy like £28,000.

I'm no expert in these things but surely you can do this game for less than the target and without the use of Kickstarter?

Seems a real shame not to continue somehow.
Old 24 July 2016, 20:11   #109
Jgames

Quote:
Heya Jgames,

Just received an e-mail from "Kickstarter" saying that your project has been cancelled

Yesterday I saw that you had about £4,000 in pledges but your target was something crazy like £28,000.

I'm no expert in these things but surely you can do this game for less than the target and without the use of Kickstarter?

Seems a real shame not to continue somehow.
Hi Damien;

I wish i didn't need some funding somehow, but it would be impossible for me to do the full game with all the levels, enemies and bosses without at least that amount of money.

Just to realise the first then second demo version, with the assets it had, it had cost me around 7000£ hand on heart.

Each sprite of around (200*200) is 8 to 12£ depending on the artist, level if you include old art and discarded ones is around 700£.

I all adds up.

Development will continue to reach the next demo version which will be bigger and better with more variety and an exploration side, which I hope this time will draw more people into.
Old 25 July 2016, 10:36   #110
DamienD
Banned

Wow, it's amazing how much all this production costs

I mean, I know that the huge software houses creating games like GTA5 / Modern Warfare etc. spend millions (sometimes more than what's forked out on Blockbuster movies).

I just hope that you can somehow continue with this cool game. I'll back you which ever way you go; keep us posted
Old 25 July 2016, 22:18   #111
Jgames

Quote:
I just hope that you can somehow continue with this cool game. I'll back you which ever way you go; keep us posted
Thanks a lot for your support, it really is important.
I am still motivated , I'll keep you updated.
Old 11 October 2016, 22:11   #112
Jgames

Hi everyone;

I didn't post any update from the time of the Kickstarter end, but I would to let you know that Shadow Gangs development is ongoing.

The scope of the game, and the quality is also getting a big lift, with many improvements and enhancements.

Also, now it will be more an action/adventure, with many secrets to find/items to use, than a pure action game.

Above is the mission 4 boss (actual in-game sprite), more info and updates on the website.
Old 11 October 2016, 22:50   #113
DamienD
Banned

Heya Jack,

Received your "Kickstarter" e-mail today

Glad to hear that things are still progressing along even though you didn't reach the required sponsorship a month or so ago

Don't give up, keep going and as always I'll support you whatever the situation
Old 11 October 2016, 23:04   #114
Jgames

Quote:
Received your "Kickstarter" e-mail today

Quote:
Glad to hear that things are still progressing along even though you didn't reach the required sponsorship a month or so ago

Don't give up, keep going and as always I'll support you whatever the situation
Thank you very appreciated!

I am determined to get this game out and in a much better form.
The artists now are working without interruption until it's finalised.
Old 11 October 2016, 23:13   #115
apex

Time was bad for kickstarter, Winter is better and I read furst time from it. Next time you should post this in all Amiga forums and News pages and looking at the grafics, you must have luck.
Old 12 October 2016, 22:17   #116
Jgames

Quote:
Originally Posted by apex View Post
Time was bad for kickstarter, Winter is better and I read furst time from it. Next time you should post this in all Amiga forums and News pages and looking at the grafics, you must have luck.
Thank you for the encouragement
I learned a lot while doing the previous Kickstarter, and the next one we will prepare for it better.

Also, even if it failed, I had a lot of feedback, touching all aspects of the game.

I am a big Gods fan, and also Shinobi...
The next Shadow Gangs will touch both territories (Gods and Shinobi ) and a bit of Castlevania.

Shinobi for action, and Gods for the exploration/secrets, items.

As well as having the special effects of todays games (special effects, action slowdowns) and more.
Old 12 October 2016, 22:42   #117
apex

Thank you. Marketing is one of the biggest issues in the Amiga community, because we are so fragmented. Not every user is daily online, many only 1 day per week, this mean such a news must be present for a while in many Amiga forums (not only eab) to be successfully. Next to this 30 days are to short, same case, you will not reach all. And our news pages are also important, 1 news and while the campaign is running 2-3 updates. An available demo or running animation can also increase success in a running campaign.
Old 12 October 2016, 22:43   #118
apex

I love gods, a great game with a very nice gameplay.
Old 12 October 2016, 22:48   #119
Jgames

Quote:
Originally Posted by apex View Post
I love gods, a great game with a very nice gameplay.
It's on my avatar

Just to clear up one thing about Shadow Gangs, it's not to be released for the Amiga

Because in your previous post I felt you may be thinking it's to be an Amiga game

It's for PC as target and Dreamcast as a port.
Old 13 October 2016, 12:35   #120
apex

Ah, ok. But the hints should match also here.