English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Home Projects > project.EAB

Old 13 January 2005, 17:32   #1
Jim

(f)lame section

The way I see it the current off-topic section is designed for posts by people who know them to be off-topic - general chit-chat or Fred's latest picture.

e.g. "I had Steak and Kidney pie for tea tonight" or "Did you see the new mini Mac?"

I think there should be a LAME section. You cannot create posts in this section, only a admin can move posts to it.

Anybody posting lame stuff (other than in off-topic) should have their posts moved there.

e.g.
  • "Fantastic Dizzy don't work in WinUAE how do I make it work" - when the user is providing no configuration info or anything.
  • How do I access the zone?
  • Where do I download ROMs?

Of course the lame section can have a auto-delete time of about 24 hours regardless of wether reply flames are still ongoing

Old 13 January 2005, 18:39   #2
Amiga1992

Pointless. Offtopic shite gets pruned periodically, and want it or not, a game request or problem request is NOT offtopic, no mater how lame.

Creating such a section also increases hostility in the community. I think we already have our necessary grain of bitterness, just in the right dose, no need to make a whoole section dedicated to mud=slinging and finger-pointing. Go back to primary school or play "Skool Daze"
Old 13 January 2005, 18:40   #3
Jim

hahahaha

This from Akira of all people

What happened? Now you're viewing EAB through a non-Microsoft window everything is so much happier ?

Old 13 January 2005, 18:44   #4
Amiga1992

No, tihs is how I really think. You need bitternes, you have it already, just look at the thread you mentioned first. I think that's as much as it's needed to have a nice and happy forum. Besides it takes the fun out of the little threads like that which appear seldom.

If everybody pretended to be oh-so-super friendly not only the community would be asolute hypocracy, but it would be boring. It could turn into something like... oh... (snip! - ed)!

Old 13 January 2005, 18:46   #5
Jim

Nothing more bitter than a lemon......except a banned lemon user

Old 14 January 2005, 14:11   #6
Amiga1992

I think it's time to close this thread