English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 17 April 2020, 00:55   #121
xubidoo

I think its an age thing really, the older i get the worse it seems to get unfortunatley, as i said before i could play Doom,Duke 3D etc for hours on end and never had a problem, now i have to stop playing after 30 mins or so, been playing through Doom 64 in 15/30 min chunks because of it, is not much fun lol.

At least my favourite genre of racing , i am 100% fine with still
I dont think id even bother trying VR given my recent problems just playing normal games on a screen, is a shame as i would have loved to get into VR, but being an Xbox owner and a 8 year old PC thats not very likely to happen anyway.

Look forward to seeing what you decide to do next...anymore Amiga stuff likely? have you considered things like a Gotek or the Terriblefire cards to add a HD/CF card to your A500?.

Great videos as always, look forward to more

Old 18 April 2020, 03:57   #122
005AGIMA
Re-loading. Please wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xubidoo View Post
I think its an age thing really, the older i get the worse it seems to get unfortunatley, as i said before i could play Doom,Duke 3D etc for hours on end and never had a problem, now i have to stop playing after 30 mins or so, been playing through Doom 64 in 15/30 min chunks because of it, is not much fun lol.

At least my favourite genre of racing , i am 100% fine with still
I dont think id even bother trying VR given my recent problems just playing normal games on a screen, is a shame as i would have loved to get into VR, but being an Xbox owner and a 8 year old PC thats not very likely to happen anyway.

Look forward to seeing what you decide to do next...anymore Amiga stuff likely? have you considered things like a Gotek or the Terriblefire cards to add a HD/CF card to your A500?.

Great videos as always, look forward to more
I love driving games also (and cars in general) as you'll be able to tell on my next video (uploading now) lol.

Yep of course they'll be more Amiga stuff. That's what it is all about for me. But the re-collecting is a little slow at the moment due to the hole virus thing. I'm not even risking ordering stuff as several people have said that stuff from the UK (where most of the good stuff is) doesn't make it to Australia and gets "returned to sender" due to not being essential items.

I dont know how true that is, but I was short listing a bulk of games so I dont want to throw away ~$100AUD and not even receive the stuff.

We'll see. Hopefully soon I can order some stuff in.

The video that is uploading at the moment is a (Lack of) collection room tour lol. And then we'll be back onto directly Amiga related next week.

....upload finished.....
Old 18 April 2020, 03:57   #123
005AGIMA
Re-loading. Please wait.

Ep 56 (lack of) collection room tour
[ Show youtube player ]

Let's call this a "before" video, and we'll review progress in a year or two lol.
Old 25 April 2020, 09:57   #124
Twiggy
\m/

Enjoying these episodes. Also reminds me that I ought to learn how to use ProTracker (or LMMS).
Old 07 May 2020, 16:01   #125
Swampyajc

Great thread and hello

Whilst in lockdown I have started playing my Amiga games again and I just joined the forum and as I read the original post on this thred I thought "wow I could have written that"

I remember my Dad and Mum had saved up to buy me an Amiga and took me & my grandad to a shop (Which seemed miles away) but apparently it was only abouy 6 miles! When my dad and Grandad put it in the back of the car with me I just remember staring at the box all the way home reading everything and taking in the pics with Excitement.

I loved Batman, Newzealand story and put hours and hours into playing F/A-18 Interceptor. I played that he other day to see if I coudl still land upside down and I can

My Amiga bought me many many years of enjoyment.
From buying the 512k upgrade to my strange

500XJ EPYX Joystick which my firends hated but I loved it.
Old 07 May 2020, 16:02   #126
chip

Welcome to the forum ..... enjoy again the Amiga world
Old 09 June 2020, 15:16   #127
ElectroBlaster

Send a message via ICQ to ElectroBlaster
Been a while since being in this forum so missed this whole story!

Brought back some big memories and I can trace back the exact same reasons why I became an amiga nut myself.

I am going to start watching every single video from the start!
Thank you for sharing all this stuff