English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 08 August 2008, 22:09   #1
adalsgaard

ARIII Deep Trainer (No Work Memory)

I'm having serious trouble getting the trainer part of Action Replay III to work with WinUAE 1.5.0.

I've read several threads about this issue, tried the suggested things but it always turn out the same: Trying to run the Deep Trainer (TDS), it always returns "No work memory" even though the ARIII setup says maximum. Obviously, I'm missing out on something. Please help me out .

Also, running the "ordinary" trainer within "Escape from Colditz" something is wrong: When exiting the game to start the trainer, the graphics of the game goes absolutely nuts when I return to the game. For some reason, the screen flashes with some messed up graphics in the lower part of the screen and the rest of it is completely black. Does anyone know what that is all about and, not mention, how to prevent it?

Best regards
Old 08 August 2008, 22:36   #2
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by adalsgaard View Post
Also, running the "ordinary" trainer within "Escape from Colditz" something is wrong: When exiting the game to start the trainer, the graphics of the game goes absolutely nuts when I return to the game. For some reason, the screen flashes with some messed up graphics in the lower part of the screen and the rest of it is completely black. Does anyone know what that is all about and, not mention, how to prevent it?

There are many ways to protect against Action Replay III, "Escape from Colditz" might just use one of them. I'm just guessing here though as I didn't check the game. When entering the Action Replay, several hardware registers need to be saved (as Action Replay uses/changes them for its own display) and then restored when returning back to the interrupted program. If the registers are not restored correctly then you'll have a messed up/changed display.
Old 09 August 2008, 08:20   #3
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

You need to disable some RAM in AR3 F3-page and reboot. Now "disabled" ram is available for deep trainer.

Emulated AR can "see" all custom registers, even write-only registers which disables most AR protections but not all.

btw, use WinUAE built-in debugger, it isn't too easy to use but it can't be disabled