English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 01 October 2019, 23:11   #1
MrD

Stuck in The Speris Legacy CD32

Dear Gamesmaster,

I'm in the underground metallic maze within the tree.

A guard called Arytom is blocking the exit and says he's looking for information about Keles. No matter what I do I can't get him to change shifts with the other guard.

I've picked up the bomb and given it to the yellow robot. I've collected four shape keys and opened all the doors I can find. I've given Minsc 'da Cat gems. I've got the cutters from Rupert and freed Draython and received Miracle Grow. I've collected the empty bottle of unbreakable Speris stone. I've collected the compass, the drill, the invisibility cloak, the mallet, the ice hammer, the gloves, the tinderbox, the strength potion and the titan glove from previous levels. I've got the sleeping pills and given them to the guard sleeping in the left bed. A guard called Arytom is blocking the exit. I've tried walking backwards and forwards making the guard go off screen but he's always there. I've tried going to the teleporter, tried going back to Cow Tree Village, tried going back all the way to Gilliards Rhine, and tried rebooting the console but nothing changes.

In all the videos I've I'm supposed to see a guard called Jess instead?

Any advice please?
Old 02 October 2019, 00:47   #2
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Have you looked at these videos?
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 02 October 2019, 01:14   #3
MrD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro1234 View Post
Have you looked at these videos?
[ Show youtube player ]
In that video, the man is sleeping in the rightmost bed first. They get drugged by Cho. Cho leaves to the Cow Tree Village. Returns, now the left man is also sleeping and can be drugged. Then Cho is free to leave to the next area.

So why I do have the wrong man in bed? And how do I get them to change shifts?

And why does Cho sometimes tell me "I must get the bomb defused before I go anywhere. It's a severe health hazard!" even though I did the bomb already...

Edit - Hah! It looks like I got stuck exactly where Jonathan Davies did 23 years ago in Amiga Power. Same shift change malfunction and no hope of advancing. He's playing the A1200 disk version so at least he can go back a few steps. No luck on CD32...

I may need to ask you folks for an adf of a save at the start of the Tunnels level for Speris 1200

Last edited by MrD; 02 October 2019 at 02:57.
Old 02 October 2019, 21:20   #4
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrD View Post
In that video, the man is sleeping in the rightmost bed first. They get drugged by Cho. Cho leaves to the Cow Tree Village. Returns, now the left man is also sleeping and can be drugged. Then Cho is free to leave to the next area.

So why I do have the wrong man in bed? And how do I get them to change shifts?

And why does Cho sometimes tell me "I must get the bomb defused before I go anywhere. It's a severe health hazard!" even though I did the bomb already...

Edit - Hah! It looks like I got stuck exactly where Jonathan Davies did 23 years ago in Amiga Power. Same shift change malfunction and no hope of advancing. He's playing the A1200 disk version so at least he can go back a few steps. No luck on CD32...

I may need to ask you folks for an adf of a save at the start of the Tunnels level for Speris 1200
Unfortunately not going to happen. The A1200 version had a custom MFM format save routine to try to prevent people tampering with the save files which could cause the game to crash...... when I say crash, crash more than it already does lol
Old 02 October 2019, 22:20   #5
MrD

Hmm. Rats. Thanks anyway.

I don't suppose there's a temporarily walk through walls cheat to walk past this one man?
Old 03 October 2019, 13:26   #6
Haywire

Played it on the CD32 last winter all the way with no issues. Don't recall this issue tho. Like a lot of those type of games everything is liner so if you do something out of order there may be an issue.
Old 03 October 2019, 14:39   #7
MrD

I'll stick a podcast on and try the whole gsme again. There wasn't any difficult combat up to this point, just a whole lot of Dizzy-ing, so it'll be somewhat faster. But if it happens again by jove Cho is on his own.