English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Games images which need to be WHDified

Old 17 March 2002, 21:43   #41
Chuckles
The Ancient One

Re: Terrorpods

Quote:
Originally posted by Mangar72
Speaking of Terrorpods.. I have the original.. if that can help getting a working ADF out to the public let me know.. I'm not too familiar with the title to know why the version floating around doesnt work..
Just FYI, I've already warped up my working original of Terrorpods with mfmwarp and sent the files to Galahad to be cracked several weeks ago. It is listed on the whdload support page as one of the "Currently In Work" projects. I don't know if he's finished verifying that the files are usable or not, but given the number of items listed on that page that he is personally working on, I imagine that it may take him some time to get around to it. If it turns out that the files I sent him aren't any good though, then yours could be needed at that point if the problem was due to something that I can't correct via a re-dump. In the meantime though, there's no sense in going through the hassles of dumping it if he won't need the dumps anyway.

As far as the version that is floating around out there is concerned, it does seem to work, but the manner in which the crack was done appears to be a bit unusual to me. Though the original ran quite nicely on a 512K machine with Kickstart 1.2, the crack requires (as I recall) at least Kickstart 2.04, and something like 4 megs of ram. Whoever cracked it did the crack in such a way that the disk is copied into RAD: and then the game is run from there. I think the idea was to try to make it HD-installable, but it seems a rather clumsy way to do it when compared to whdload HD installs.

Last edited by Chuckles; 17 March 2002 at 21:55.
Old 18 March 2002, 03:13   #42
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Exclamation Terrorpods

Quote:
Originally posted by Chuckles
As far as the version that is floating around out there is concerned, it does seem to work, but the manner in which the crack was done appears to be a bit unusual to me. Though the original ran quite nicely on a 512K machine with Kickstart 1.2, the crack requires (as I recall) at least Kickstart 2.04, and something like 4 megs of ram. Whoever cracked it did the crack in such a way that the disk is copied into RAD: and then the game is run from there. I think the idea was to try to make it HD-installable, but it seems a rather clumsy way to do it when compared to whdload HD installs.
I too have that version - it is in fact the JST version running from RAD and yes, it is quite clumsy! I believe that one of the guys on this very board created it!

I will ask Kaervek who created the JST version if I can have the source and will go from there.
Old 18 March 2002, 04:12   #43
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

my memory isn't the greatest but i think the guy who created the copy of terrorpods is ant who ran/runs? the website borrowed time http://borrowedtime.emuunlim.com/
and i think im right in sayin he created it because i used to request this game a LOT

i could be wrong though...
Old 18 March 2002, 11:22   #44
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Correct, this one floating around is in fact done by Ant.

But now please on-topic again, if you don't mind!
Can anyone of the "HD-fixers" (tm) tell about the things going on on whdload.de? In particular, that mysterious disappearance of Dragon's Breath (WHD) worries me...
Old 18 March 2002, 12:53   #45
CPC464

Send a message via ICQ to CPC464 Send a message via AIM to CPC464
Config for Dragons Breath

I believe I have a version of this game But not sure if it works, so if someone would like to tell me a config for this game either on WinUae or WinFellow I will give it a try.

Old 18 March 2002, 21:50   #46
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

You probably have the same common version that is not 100% cracked and will not work at all in emulation.
Old 19 March 2002, 00:47   #47
jmmijo

So basically if you don't have the original of Dragon's Breath you'll not be able to play the entire game
Old 19 March 2002, 01:15   #48
Chuckles
The Ancient One

Terrorpods

Sorry for wandering off-topic again momentarily, but ...

@Codetapper

I had mentioned earlier in this thread when Terrorpods was mentioned that I had sent dumps to Galahad, and that it was listed on the whdload WIP list. At the time of that post it showed that he was still verifying the dump files, but today I noticed he had updated the page to show that the crack is now 90% complete. Just thought that I ought to point that out so that you won't end up wasting your time in working on a crack that Galahad has almost completed.

We now return you to the original topic, which is already in progress
Old 19 March 2002, 01:35   #49
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
Originally posted by jmmijo
So basically if you don't have the original of Dragon's Breath you'll not be able to play the entire game
At this time, if you don't have the original game, you won't be able to play any of the game.
Old 19 March 2002, 01:36   #50
jmmijo

Thanks Twistin
Old 19 March 2002, 15:09   #51
fiath

Re: Re: Terrorpods

Quote:
Originally posted by Chuckles

Just FYI, I've already warped up my working original of Terrorpods with mfmwarp and sent the files to Galahad to be cracked several weeks ago. It is listed on the whdload support page as one of the "Currently In Work" projects. I don't know if

I also have Terrorpods. I guess you know by now what that means... )

Anyone with the *original* Dragon's Breath is welcome to get in contact.
Old 19 March 2002, 21:11   #52
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Dragons Breath

Right, now I'm getting a little cheesed off with this game, people appear to be giving it the impression that it has a 'mighty' protection system, it doesn't, but still the legend gets bigger and bigger

This offer is open to anyone in the UK ONLY!!!

I have tried to get a reasonably working copy of this game, and it just doesn't want to play ball, so if anyone of you in the UK has a certified working original, and they want to send it to me, they can do.

I will crack it, but I obviously CANNOT guarrantee that it will operate correctly on an emulator.

Its going to be a struggle getting the bastard to work correctly with WHDLoad, but a margin easier to crack the original to work correctly on A5oo.

So, the gauntlet is thrown...

The annoying thing is, it was on Ebay for a couple of quid but Cfou! was determined to do it, alas he has now quit on it, and I lost my chance.

So....... quit the bawling, msg me via GLDFLT@AOL.COM ASAP and I will make it a priority release.

also Twistin....... Treasure Trap?
Old 19 March 2002, 21:17   #53
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Dragons Breath.... Revisited

Check that last mail.

It is on Ebay, I have bid for it, please, no-one else bid for the fucking thing, I have put on a very high top price, so unless you want to pay over the odds for a ten year old game and have 50 quid to waste.......... (like I do!)

Please, no mails about the US version. First things first, lets get the main version done.
Old 19 March 2002, 21:44   #54
jmmijo

@Galahad, was this a German release first then followed by an English language version???
Old 19 March 2002, 23:56   #55
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Arrow

Quote:
So....... quit the bawling, msg me via GLDFLT@AOL.COM ASAP and I will make it a priority release.
Well I think nobody did actually "bawl" here (yet). At least I didn't want to make it sound like that when I asked the question here. Galahad, I just wanted to know the reason why this game's name has mysteriously vanished from the whdload.de page, that's all.
If it stayed that way, the game won't get worked on any longer because people (including the WHD/JST teams) would forget about it sooner or later. So no moaning, bawling or bugging here.
But I too understand your growing grudge against all this fuss...
Old 20 March 2002, 00:17   #56
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

@Galahad

Dude, thanks. I have had Treasure Trap in a shipping box for some time now and it's been just sitting on my desk. I couldn't for the life of me remember why it was there or what my intentions were with it. It will go out with Wednesday's post.

On an ironic note, I received another box full of games in the mail today including yet another copy of Treasure Trap.
Old 20 March 2002, 18:25   #57
fiath

Re: Dragons Breath.... Revisited

Quote:
Originally posted by Galahad/FLT
Check that last mail.

It is on Ebay, I have bid for it, please, no-one else bid for the fucking thing, I have put on a very high top price, so unless you want to pay over the odds for a ten year old game and have 50 quid to waste.......... (like I do!)

Problem with that is that I *really* want this game. If I agreed not to bid on it would you dump it for CAPS?

System requirements for dumping:

OS2+
020+
2Mb RAM+

Also: If you didn't want it after you have cracked it / whatever - I would go halves with you... Just a thought.
Old 20 March 2002, 19:35   #58
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

And the legend of Dragon's Breath continues!
Old 20 March 2002, 22:07   #59
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Dragons Breath - Fiath

No problem, you can buy it off me after I am done with it, likewise I have a tonne of other originals that you may want to buy cheaply, as I am rapidly running out of room.

So assuming that I won't get beaten on it, you have first refusal on it. Cant agree a price yet because I don't know what it will be (I paid 21 Pounds for Stunt Car Racer!!!! I wasn't expecting that!)
Old 21 March 2002, 10:18   #60
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Do you have a list of the games you wanna get rid of? I'd sure like to check it out to see if anything from my wants list is there!