English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 27 May 2003, 02:51   #1
Reepa

Unhappy Installing games on emulator

Ok its been so many years I can not count them but here goes.....

I recently installed an Amiga emulator (WinUAE) on my laptop and have managed to port all my old A500 games over via the help of a friend, my main problem is that I can not manage to install games from there floppy form onto my emulated Amiga HD.

I have HDs already setup and most of the games (primarily the one I really want as a HD, b.a.s.s.) have install prgrams on the disks, but after waiting around 2 hours for the install to finish the install did not show up on the HD I placed it.

I have tried folowing all the FAQs and tutorials I can find but I just can not get it to work, could someone please, please, please give me a hand by letting me know how I can take 15 ADF files and turn them into a runnable HD image.

I have tried WHDload but that will not show up either.

cheers.

Old 27 May 2003, 07:31   #2
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

My first guess would be that the installed games have no icons for their directories.

Have you selected the Window -> Show -> All Files option from the menu in Workbench?

In Workbench, only files with icons (stored in the accompanying .info files) are displayed by default. You have to set the Show All Files option to view them or use a file manager like Directory Opus.
Old 27 May 2003, 17:00   #3
Reepa

I remembered that from my old Amiga days just after I got off the net, but that didnt fix it.

I removed all my HDs and started again and that sorted it, so it must have been my workbench installation, the disks have been in storage so long they probably got a bit knackered .

cheers man, i appreciate it.