English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Apps

Old 13 April 2007, 17:50   #1
pbareges

Floppy disk parralel port handyscan compatible software

hi there!

I just received a zytec handyscan that i bought on ebay...

I was able to scan correctly but each time the program i got with it, ie daatascan, needs to alloc more memory (to open a new screen with different settings for instance), it fails with "not enough memory error message" though i have 7mb fast and 2mb chip available and the memory needed estimated by the program itself is 500Kbytes...

I think this may be related to the software release (the booting disk is based on wb1.3) not being compatible with my config : A1200, ks3.0, wb3.0, 2mb chip and 8mb fast. so i'm looking for an older version of daatascan that may be compatible with my config and would clear this bug.

Please let me know if you know of any way to solve this issue. I also read about Powerscan in eab forums and i think from what i found on amiga hardware book, that this may be compatible with my handyscan as it's also designed for similiar handyscans plugged into parralel port.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP!
Old 23 April 2007, 15:20   #2
pbareges

i guess i should not thank you IN ADVANCE next time! last call to help a poor a1200 owner obliged to scan under wb1.3 emulation through whdload!!(it's fine as i can save the images on hd and then import them under dpaint in wb3.0 but i'm sure there must be a way to scan directly under wb3.0!!)