English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 23 October 2013, 16:14   #1
trydowave

Glitches in Super Startdust AGA Whdload

Hi. Anyone out there having these problems with Super Stardust on WHDload? The game is playable but the screen annoying flashes every now and then.
Same issues from different sources.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 23 October 2013, 17:01   #2
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

I know that there as graphic glitches in emulation, but on real hardware it works fine here (A1200+ACA 1230). If you mean emulation: ticking off cycle exact/using immediate blitter could help. Real hardware: Which WHDLoad version?Try 17.1 or the current beta.

Last edited by Retro-Nerd; 23 October 2013 at 19:24.
Old 23 October 2013, 21:26   #3
trydowave

Ok. Just installed to the latest beta of WHDLoad. Tried it in Winuae for the first time and I get no glitches. Probably the same with the older install of WHDload.
On the real A1200 I still get the glitches in game and the arrow on the menu has lines through it (like large scan lines)?
My system:
A1200
ACA1232
Indivision MKIIcr
SCSI CD Rom
3.1 roms
Old 23 October 2013, 21:29   #4
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Then maybe problems with your ACA 1232 or in combination with the Indivison? I've played a few levels some hours ago, no problems at all.
Old 23 October 2013, 21:55   #5
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

It's glitchy ingame for me too using an ACA1232@33mhz only and WHDLoad 17.2.5347 (Oct. 20) (Indivision not installed atm).

The arrow on the menu is fine though and it's seems to be fully playable without serious crashes.
Old 23 October 2013, 23:26   #6
trydowave

ill test a disk version to see if it is the ACA1232 rather than the WHDload install.

UPDATE: If I remember right I was getting glitches on my Panasonic TV before I even owned the ACA1232?
Old 24 October 2013, 00:45   #7
trydowave

Right. I've loaded up the 6 disc floppy version of Super Stardust on my A1200 and im still getting glitches?

So it glitches on the CRT in WHDLoad. The new install of Super Stardust glitches. Udpating WHDload made no difference and it glitches on the ACA1232? I really hope nothings wrong with my A1200 Similar problems haven't emerged in other games as of yet.

Maybe trying floppies from another source will help? The ones I used were: Super_Stardust_(1994)(Team_17)(AGA)(Disk_1_of_6)[cr_PSG].adf
Old 24 October 2013, 07:52   #8
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
the prestige crack is shitty, and more over, i installed it on my hard drive, and it doesn't work !

Try the original If you want i can even generate extended ADF out of it
Old 24 October 2013, 08:59   #9
hansel75
Walk Off? Boolander!

The Whdload version is glitchy on my A1200 also!

I thought it must of been something to do with my accelerator!
Old 24 October 2013, 10:31   #10
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

strange, there is no problem with my blizzard IV 1230.....
Old 24 October 2013, 12:24   #11
trydowave

Anyone know which version is clean (no bad crack) before I transfer to floppy?
- dlfrsilver , the extended one is still adf right? If so I think that will only be useful for Winuae.

Why wasn't a good one used for WHDLoad I wonder?
Old 24 October 2013, 14:35   #12
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by trydowave View Post

Of course there was used a 100% working original version for the WHDLoad patch. The problem is on your site. Not much a WHDLoad coder can do unless he has the "problematic" turbocards for tests. Or do you have a A1200 mainboard that required the timing fix? Maybe not 100% properly done though.
Old 24 October 2013, 15:20   #13
trydowave

My A1200 didn't need the fix and so far stardust seems to be the only game with these issues.
Old 24 October 2013, 15:21   #14
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Have you tried the game without the turbo card (disk version)?
Old 24 October 2013, 15:23   #15
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Quote:
Originally Posted by trydowave View Post
Anyone know which version is clean (no bad crack) before I transfer to floppy?
- dlfrsilver , the extended one is still adf right? If so I think that will only be useful for Winuae.

unfortunately, super stardust uses very long tracks ($1921) that powercopy can read but unfortunately not copy back on a standard drive
Old 24 October 2013, 16:42   #16
trydowave

Since I got a cdrom I thought id give the CD32 version a try. It works flawlessly and has a great cd soundtrack to boot . Unfortunately, along with Flink (as posted in another thread) the controls are all wrong for my 2btn Sega pad. I need a CD32 controller or a way to map the controls to keyboard or joypad.

Update: been playing it for a bit and theres some minor glitching when a large explosion happens or when a boss comes on screen? Only minor. No way as bad as the standard version, whdload or floppy.

Update: Update: Been tinkering with options in squirrel emu. Enalbed all four options including Fastram, VBR and data cache. Glitches have now gone

Last edited by trydowave; 24 October 2013 at 23:19.
Old 25 October 2013, 10:58   #17
hansel75
Walk Off? Boolander!

I tried testing whdload Super Stardust again on my real A1200, i am using a reg'd whdload 17.2 and i tried the game at stock, then with nocache and noautovec.
Either way i still get the ingame graphic glitches, plus the title music is glitchy and out of sync.

I then tried the Prestige cracked floppy version through my hxc, and i had the same graphic and audio glitches as i did with the whdload version.
I don't think it matters what copy i use, or who cracked it when running on my system, as i seem to get the same issues with any of them..

To my knowledge, my accelerator is on at all times, even for floppy games, so i guess it must be my DKB 1240 Mongoose that's causing me issues on both the floppy and whdload version of super stardust.

If not then maybe it's the indi mk2 but i doubt that, can anyone confirm that they have a glitch free super stardust with the indi mk2?

Last edited by hansel75; 25 October 2013 at 11:06.
Old 25 October 2013, 14:22   #18
trydowave

I'm running the CD32 version on my A1200. With the squirrel SCSI cd32 set up tool I've enabled all four settings. Fastram, vbr and data cache along with the one that's already enabled (forget which one that is). I now get Super Stardust running flawlessly.
My Indivision MKII is always plugged in and running so I can confirm that its not that that's causing your glitching.

On another subject since enabling these features Super Street fighter II Turbo is now at least playable and the intro runs normally and Alien Breed 3D is silky smooth

Now. Just have to get a working controller...

P.s. In case you want to try the CD32 version but don't have a cdrom, there's apparently a way to run them without it:
[ Show youtube player ]

Not sure how he's done it or how to configure the settings after in order to get glitch free gameplay.

Last edited by trydowave; 25 October 2013 at 14:29.
Old 10 March 2015, 22:06   #19
phipscube
WipEout Fanboi

I have the same problem on my A1200 with a Viper 1230/28 RTC.

WHDLoad and original game disks both display the same glitches. Booting from floppy is the same problems.

Sound repeats every other second on title screen and ingame I see the graphics flickering sometimes and the odd slowdown. Its quite off putting.

If I pull out the accelerator and boot from floppies the problems go away. I can't test WHDLoad without accelerator as I need the extra RAM onboard to load the game. I'm using the latest WHDLoad (But the problem has existed since I started using WHDLoad which was at Version 16.9 I think).

I have tried all the usual options in WHDLoad (NoCache, NoMMU etc) but nothing helps. I tried to copy the exact install to my friends A1200 with a Blizzard 1230 IV and his doesn't have the problems so I think its my accelerator, and maybe others have the same problem (some ACAs?)

I'd love to have this game running fine from WHDLoad on my crappy old Viper one day. For now I remove the accelerator when I want to play and go oldschool with floppies

Edit: I have the same problem on my A1200 PPC 060 machine too. But the good thing there is I can disable the PPC accelerator with key "2" and boot from floppies. When its disabled, works fine.
Old 11 March 2015, 13:18   #20
Hewitson

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
the prestige crack is shitty, and more over, i installed it on my hard drive, and it doesn't work !
I doubt it. Mok did it!
AdSense AdSense