English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 21 September 2010, 16:06   #1
paulisthebest

Network share PC to AMIGA

Hi there, I got a real Amiga 1200, hooked up to my router using a PCMIA network card, and Miami. The internet works perfect, ive been using ibrowse no problem.
I was wondering if it was possible to access a shared drive on my pc, using my amiga? I have a folder called AMIGA shared on windows in the C: drive, is it possible to access that folder on the real AMIGA?
Old 21 September 2010, 16:08   #2
thomas

Yes, it is.

Use either http://www.dmbsoft.de/smbconn.htm
or http://aminet.net/package/comm/tcp/smbfs
Old 21 September 2010, 16:23   #3
paulisthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
Yeah I tried smbfs been messing around with it all day and cant get it to do anything (cannot find host name?).

The other one smbconn have any ideas how to use it? The documentation is a bit brief.
Old 21 September 2010, 16:36   #4
thomas

You need to put the host names into Amitcp:db/hosts or Miami -> Database -> Hosts.

Make a text file which contains something like this:
Code:
   /* net drive handler */
   Handler     = L:SMB-Handler
   Stacksize   = 40000
   Priority    = 10
   GlobVec     = -1
   Mount       = 1
   Startup     = "C=\\\\DEVELOPER\\D MH=AMIGA W=BECMARINE U=Micha P=xxxx DN=DEV_D"
Change the Startup line to your needs. Details are described in SMB-Connect_english.guide in the chapter SMB-Handler / Mountlist.

Save it into sys:storage/dosdrivers. Then open a shell window and enter mount filename: where filename is the name you gave the file. For example if you saved it as sys:storage/dosdrivers/myshare, enter mount myshare:.

IIRC you can unmount it using the KillDev program out of the IDEfix97 archive. If not, you need to reboot in order to disconnect.