English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 02 August 2015, 12:22   #161
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
About AHI prefs, what should I do to see ES1370 PCI and FM801 PCI Audio cards?
Did it appear in showconfig? (Why do you have 2 network cards enabled at the same time? It is not going to work.)

Anyway, log needed as usual.
Old 02 August 2015, 12:54   #162
AMIGASYSTEM

Thanks Toni, was the last missing piece, now the two boards "individually" as it should be, appear in Prefs, attach screenshots. Now only WinAMP is an occasional hiccup, Multiview instead sounds great MP3s.

Hello and thanks again

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 06 September 2016 at 15:33.
Old 02 August 2015, 20:16   #163
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

I forgot to add check that does not allow GUI to enable multiple sound or network cards at the same time. Will be in next beta.

Did PCI sound card work better? Technically it should, has native drivers and uses DMA, no polling needed like Toccata.
Old 03 August 2015, 11:18   #164
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
I forgot to add check that does not allow GUI to enable multiple sound or network cards at the same time. Will be in next beta.
This will save many conflicts to inexperienced users, plus give you a chance to test-fly multiple cards.

Quote:
Did PCI sound card work better? Technically it should, has native drivers and uses DMA, no polling needed like Toccata.
Is also the sound quality is improved and the only flaw AmigaAMP, perhaps I can not configure it properly.
Old 05 August 2015, 14:45   #165
AMIGASYSTEM

Two more questions:

- You can configure Flash Drive and SD of WinUAE for display on OS4.1, if so, can anyone suggest the procedure, you have to install Poseidon USB Stack?

- For only curiosity, you can configure the PCI devices with OS3, the PCI Bridgeboards is supported by OS3.
Old 05 August 2015, 15:27   #166
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
- You can configure Flash Drive and SD of WinUAE for display on OS4.1, if so, can anyone suggest the procedure, you have to install Poseidon USB Stack?
Not possible. (Except by mounting whole drive as physical harddrive which is not going to work very well either..)

Quote:
- For only curiosity, you can configure the PCI devices with OS3, the PCI Bridgeboards is supported by OS3.
Of course (Did you really expect me to do something without being able to debug it under m68k OS?). You only need to find drivers that match hardware (There are links to G-REX and Prometheus drivers in other threads, Mediator drivers are not freely available). OS4 comes drivers built-in, OS3 does not.
Old 06 August 2015, 06:44   #167
AMIGASYSTEM

Thank you for the info Toni
Old 25 August 2015, 15:53   #168
sev7en

Thanks for the great tutorial
Old 11 April 2016, 17:00   #169
Viceroy

I can't thank you enough for this great installation guide, after trying to install using various You tube videos with no success this guide works a treat ;-)
Old 21 April 2021, 20:55   #170
Patrickx1989

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but can it be that this tutorial is no longer applicable to the current version of WinUAE - for example, I can't find the options under RAM that part 2 of the tutorial mentions? Or am I doing something wrong? If I am correct, then please make an update for the current version. I'm too much of a beginner to figure out what changed (apparently the accelerator memory for example is somewhere else now).
Old 22 April 2021, 11:37   #171
Tomislav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickx1989 View Post
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but can it be that this tutorial is no longer applicable to the current version of WinUAE - for example, I can't find the options under RAM that part 2 of the tutorial mentions? Or am I doing something wrong? If I am correct, then please make an update for the current version. I'm too much of a beginner to figure out what changed (apparently the accelerator memory for example is somewhere else now).
Setup for PPC card memory size is in Expansions under "Accellerator board memory:" and in newest WinUAE versions is already on maximum (128 MB for CyberStorm).

Interesting is that for CyberStorm PPC memory is linked with "Processor slot fast RAM" on RAM part of configuration and can only be changed in Expansions, and for Blizzard PPC memory is NOT linked with "Processor slot fast RAM".