English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 24 November 2006, 20:56   #1
oyferder

wizkid endgame problem

Hi. I am playing Wizkid on WinUAE 1.3.3. I have almost completed the game. I've got all kittens, got all diamonds and used thed diamonds to receive a bunch of money. The problem is, after arriving the castle, when wizkid enters the Wizeroids Arcade Machine. Then the screen turns black, and remains black(unless I exit WinUAE). This is not suposed to happen, isn't it? I may have configured WinUAE wrongly. Do someone know what I can do?

Old 25 November 2006, 18:33   #2
Legerdemain

Quote:
Originally Posted by oyferder
Hi. I am playing Wizkid on WinUAE 1.3.3. I have almost completed the game. I've got all kittens, got all diamonds and used thed diamonds to receive a bunch of money. The problem is, after arriving the castle, when wizkid enters the Wizeroids Arcade Machine. Then the screen turns black, and remains black(unless I exit WinUAE). This is not suposed to happen, isn't it? I may have configured WinUAE wrongly. Do someone know what I can do?
I haven't gotten it to work either (it crashes at the exact same spot), and I am running the game WHDLoad installed... I have to check what version of the slave I am using (it is the one version of the game/slave downloaded of KG's site, though).
Old 26 November 2006, 15:32   #3
oyferder

Ok. Then it's either something wrong with the adf file, or maybe we have the same wrong configuration. I'll try another adf file. But please, post a comment here if you can figure out any way to solve the problem.

Old 26 November 2006, 16:26   #4
silkworm
Zone Friend

Not to do with wizkid, but I just finished turrican 2 for the first time, but the disk just kept trying to load the final thing, but was just a black screen and never loaded, and this was using the extended adf from the factor five site. very annoying
Old 26 November 2006, 16:33   #5
quahappy
Born again WinUAE user

Quote:
Have you got a Wizkid SaveState or saved game adf you could upload to the Zone?
Old 29 November 2006, 19:43   #6
oyferder

Quote:
Originally Posted by quahappy
Have you got a Wizkid SaveState or saved game adf you could upload to the Zone?
Do you know where I can find that?

Old 29 November 2006, 20:16   #7
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Do you know where I can find that?
Create a Save State file at the place where you are stuck and then put this in The Zone!
Old 02 December 2006, 19:23   #8
oyferder

Hi. I solved this problem on my computer:
The things I did:
1. Downloaded and used m bowens version of Wizkid(disk 1 here and disk 2 here) instead of the adf files I originally used.
2. Used CPU 68010 instead of 68000(I use WinUAE1.3.3)

I am not sure that you need to do both actions to solve the problem or which of them who actually solved the problem, but I think it's action 1 who solved it. I also use A500+ emulator instead of A500/A2000, but I am not sure if that has anything to say.

Old 02 December 2006, 23:47   #9
quahappy
Born again WinUAE user

Cool - so have you now completed the game?

I enquired uploading a Savestate to The Zone! in order to test various WinUAE configurations, which you've appeared to have resolved

...... and also because you've got a lot further than me in the game. Never got that far...
Old 03 December 2006, 12:38   #10
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Test configurations with a save-state? Dream on ...

Just load up such save-state and see how memory settings and all that get aligned. The times when save-states were completely independent of RAM, ROM .. settings are over

I had that problem with Polish Cyber Force back some months. To access the terminals, you need >= 1 MB chip mem! Because my save-states were based on my standard 512K/512K A500 config, I had to play all from the beginning again, making all my "old" save-states useless!