English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.ClassicWB

Old 12 June 2012, 10:58   #41
roy bates

set it to a basic 1200 with 4mb of ram 020 cpu that works here in whdload no jit or anything special.
the game may take a while to show on screen but it does work.

otherwise you might have to mess with the tooltypes in the icon of the game.

Last edited by roy bates; 12 June 2012 at 11:05.
Old 12 June 2012, 11:14   #42
Help

Old 12 June 2012, 11:28   #43
Help

Can you post your settings please as i have done what you have said and i still cant get populous to work
do u mean 4 meg of fast or chip ram?
Old 12 June 2012, 11:43   #44
roy bates

i cant post my settings at the moment theres something wrong with my pc but.......

its looks like its setup ok,the only part im interested in is what cpu you are trying to emulate as you mentioned jit settings.i would imagine that would effect whdload.

if ti helps if i use winuae i only ever use an 020 or 030 setup as its most compatible and theres no real speedup with other cpus.

dont tick the jit settings just have it set to most compatible no fpu(unless your using it for rendering)fastest possible,but maintain chipset timings.

Last edited by roy bates; 12 June 2012 at 11:57.
Old 12 June 2012, 12:24   #45
Help

I tried that what you said and it still dont work,the game launches but then crashes back to workbench,this is why i understand that a WB classic based on 1.3 kickrom would work much better.

I even did this to disable JIT in everygame once it boots at default but it still dont work
http://guide.abime.net/wb3.1/miscwhd.htm
Ah well i guess its back to ADF's then
Old 12 June 2012, 12:26   #46
roy bates

just out of interest,why do you need p96 if you want the old games?

you are leaving the rom settings as they are in winuae arnt you ,at 3.1?
Old 12 June 2012, 12:35   #47
Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy bates View Post
just out of interest,why do you need p96 if you want the old games?

you are leaving the rom settings as they are in winuae arnt you ,at 3.1?
Im using it because it looks nicer,and yes im leaving the rom at 3.1 because if you change it you get a DOS error on restart.

I tried the GreenAlien version which is the oldest rom but the problem is its A500+ and not the Original A500 1.3 kick so game compatibility is still a concern.

I cant even get populous to work on greenalien either and the instructions in the populous readme file do state that its a 1.3 kickrom game so the green alien edition of 2.04(amiga 500+) still is not the recommended setup for the game,90% of games are 1.3 kickrom,thats why im surprised there is no WB classic pack supporting 1.3 kick.
Old 12 June 2012, 12:46   #48
roy bates

ive ran this game on an A600 A1200 A1200T and A3000T(although these are real amigas)
and it works on them all with different cpus,like i say i dont really use winuae much.

the offer is still there if you want it though,i cant understand why it want work on an emulated A500+
Old 12 June 2012, 13:03   #49
Help

Thanks for the offer Roy but theres no point as i have everything working,i guess ill just have to use adf's which kind of defeats the object and turns me off the whole thing tbh,i dont think im going to use it that much as i spend more time configuring and trying to get things to work than actually playing,i dont think i will bother unless there is a 1.3 WB made.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me but im going back to the adf's,i have 4 drives and turbo mode so its not that bad and atleast they work using adfs.

Dont get me wrong many many games work using WHDLoad and killergorilla packs but many dont and i would rather use 1 method to run all games instead of multiple methods as it saves time and effort.