English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 14 September 2011, 23:24   #21
BippyM
Global Moderator

A multi-player Cannon Fodder reboot could actually work if done properly and maintaining the tongue-in-cheek humour!
Old 15 September 2011, 18:51   #22
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym View Post
A multi-player Cannon Fodder reboot could actually work if done properly and maintaining the tongue-in-cheek humour!
There has to be something like that already. Anyone!?
Old 19 September 2011, 15:08   #23
JimPlaysGames

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
Im personally looking forward to Carrier Command.
Yeah now there's an example of a remake done right. They've kept pretty true to the original vision of the game and the new technology enhances rather than replaces. The original was great, but it does show it's age. Syndicate on the other hand is still very playable.

What I don't understand is that the last time I checked, RTS games were still popular. Has that changed recently? So why not just make the new Syndicate an RTS?
Old 20 September 2011, 10:48   #24
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimPlaysGames View Post
What I don't understand is that the last time I checked, RTS games were still popular. Has that changed recently? So why not just make the new Syndicate an RTS?
Hm, that could work actually. It would be a whole lot better than an FPS, that's for sure.

Still, if you look at for example Halo the same universe has been used for both genres. It wouldn't be bad to have a syndicate FPS and a syndicate RTS. After all an FPS is more of an immersive experience than an RTS, secretly I am actually curious to see what the designers have cooked up. An FPS in a very detailed and rich world can still be a rewarding experience, albeit one that is probably short lived.
Old 20 September 2011, 10:55   #25
JimPlaysGames

These days you don't even need to draw the line between those two genres. Even as far back as Dungeon Keeper you could have real time strategy where you can zoom in to control a single character. The new Carrier Command game will apparently work that way too, with the ability to control things on a strategic level, and zoom in to control the vehicles directly.
Old 01 October 2011, 09:38   #26
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Syndicate Announce Trailer HD:
[ Show youtube player ]

Mix of cinematics and HUDless gameplay?

Hmmm why not... That probably won't be my kind of game but might be decent.

Although there are only glimpses of it, I have the feeling that the character will do things "with style", in other words acrobatic moves etc... (à la Matrix, Prince of Persia etc....). I guess you have to do that to please the younger audience.
Definitely away from the "mindless" squads from the original games...

Side note: parts around 0:30 really remind me of Ghost in the Shell. I know there are influences (cyberpunk in common ofc, GITS trailers on billboards in Syndicate Wars) but there I could imagine the scene as from the GITS:SAC series (except the graphic style ofc).
Old 02 October 2011, 04:19   #27
Adropac2
Zone Friend

My reaction to this was disapointment too but it could work if they don't just take the name alone- and i doubt that's the case. If it feels like Syndicate in how you are able to command a group etc then it could very much feel like the game we know- and it would feel very good this way if they truly got it right. Unlikely though

And of course things can also be improved beyond what we know them to be, so maybe a version of Syndicate that better realises the original

Definite potential
Old 02 October 2011, 05:21   #28
Loedown
Precious & fragile things

I loved the concept and the game Syndicate, I still love FPS and RTS so I will buy and enjoy this.