English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 23 September 2001, 17:36   #1
Drake1009

Cracked version of Monkey island 2

Yeah I know PE2000 has a version which is marked cracked, and it looks english too, but somehow I thought cracks were supposed to allow you to go past the copy protection and not to let you fail it all three times and then have the game die on you.

I did look at disk 1's contents and indeed found a file which I guess is the crack file, so I ran that and ran the game. Apart from the graphics at the copy protection messing up it was the same old problem with not being allowed to go further.

Could anyone point me to a site which have an english cracked version which is actually cracked?

Oh and while I'm at this whole requesting thing, does anyone know for sure where there's a cracked version of Railroad tycoon? I'm getting tired of trying to run with only 2 trains.
Old 23 September 2001, 18:20   #2
TikTok

I have an original of the budget re-release (Kixx XL) version, which I am sure has no manual protection on it at all. I always thought the games size was it's copy protection Let me know if you want it, and I'll test and upload it tomorrow if you do.
Old 24 September 2001, 00:01   #3
§ane

Floppy disk

I've noticed that too, you can try typing in 99 and 99 for the code usually works..

Monkey Island 2 - LeChuck's Revenge
[ http://sane.myip.org/temp/Monkey_Island_2.zip ]
This copy is properly cracked you can enter anything..

Railroad Tycoon
[ http://sane.myip.org/temp/Railroad_Tycoon(De)[cr].zip ]
CRC-32: 1891D67D
One disk version of this game, it's cracked but it's in German..
Old 24 September 2001, 00:49   #4
Drake1009

Thanks a lot §ane. I'll download the Monkey island tomorrow, it's past midnight now and I should get up in the morning around 6.

As for the Railroad tycoon, I'd really like an english version since my german is horrible.

Didn't know there was a 1 disk version though. My english version is on 3 disks.
Old 24 September 2001, 02:46   #5
Amigaboy

Bleh. Easy crack....Of course, I didn't actually play the game, so I'm hoping I did it right (maybe I've been lucky and have been getting the right train name everytime! )

I'm using Newzap for this....Get it from Aminet ( http://wuarchive.wustl.edu/pub/amine...oni/NewZAP.lha )

I'm using the Dreamzone version of Railroad Tycoon....but it should be fine for any (hopefully.....Just get the dreamzone one! )

1) Go into Newzap
2) Put in Railroad Tycoon (Dreamzone version) disk 1
3) In the filespec box, type DF0:game (or whatever drive you put it in)
4) Right click. Go to the menu Search->String Search
5) In the box type $BA476626487900 ..Now wait for it to find it
6) Once found, click on the BA. Type BE
7) Click on Save
8) Play the game

Old 24 September 2001, 06:31   #6
Drake1009

Well my copy of RRT has 3 disks to it. Not quite sure what the 2 other disks are for if it can be placed on 1 disk.

I'll try to figure that out after school today and then upload it to the adf-zone if is it indeed a 3 disk version and not just some serious mislabling. I got my disks with the Amiga used so I really rely on labeling, especially when I haven't played it much.

I think hard disk installing should be sufficient to see if it needs the other disks.
Old 24 September 2001, 12:56   #7
Drake1009

Well I just checked the disks now. It seems that the version I have has 3 disks only because of the extra savedisk. However it still seems to be a 2 disk version, and it's uncracked (I definately did not see any cracker notes or any files which could be a bit like it).

It seems there have been made a save or 2 on the disk though, should be possible to remove if you want to though. I'm ripping it and uploading it to the ADF-zone
Old 27 September 2001, 17:23   #8
MethodGit

Monkey Island 2 - Cracked and original

Quote:
Originally posted by §ane
I've noticed that too, you can try typing in 99 and 99 for the code usually works..
Ummm, I believe the crack intro mentioned that upon startup. :theparano Perhaps Drake didn't read the text back then?

Quote:
Monkey Island 2 - LeChuck's Revenge
[ http://sane.myip.org/temp/Monkey_Island_2.zip ]
This copy is properly cracked you can enter anything..
Both PE2000 and §ane carry exactly the same cracked version as one another! I don't see why Drake had problems with it then, if §ane is able to get past it very well.

Oh, and I should've said this a few days ago, but what the hell:

Thank you very much for the special MI2 gift you uploaded, Tiktok. I very much appreciate seeing rare versions of popular games like this becoming available on the net. I wonder if the patch file on disk 1 has anything to do with the lack of a copy-protection scheme in your version? You sure seem to have plenty of top class originals. Do you transfer them by null-modem cable? Cos I bet if you used disk2fdi, you wouldn't have received good copies of half of your collection. I say this because I'm having unfortunate problems with the util doing dumps exactly right.
Old 27 September 2001, 23:57   #9
TikTok

Quote:
your version? You sure seem to have plenty of top class originals. Do you transfer them by null-modem cable? Cos I bet if you used disk2fdi,
I sure do. Or rather, did. My A600's PSU is still broken at the moment so I can't transfer anything Anyway, I'm sure most of the files I have can be found on the net - the games are neither particularly special nor rare. The main reason I made the adfs in the first place was because it was cheaper than searching for and downloading them
Old 05 May 2002, 21:04   #10
7aint9

Hi, great site here...

I've dl MI2 from the link above but I'm finding that an inch from the left side of the screen is missing. I've mucked about with all the display options in UAE but still get the same problem...it's bloody annoying because some of the text gets cut off.

This game is a mare to get hold of so does anyone know a link to get a decent version cos I NEED to finish it...I left it unfinished in 1995 and never went back to it or the Amiga until I found out about these emulators!