English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Off Topic > OT - Gaming

Old 25 October 2020, 04:43   #21
Anubis
Retro Gamer

OK, back to original problem... what to play next...

Mass Effect Andromeda was a lot of fun, sometimes I play bit of Alien Isolation, by play I mean watch my character die over and over until I find what I am supposed to do... played also Elite Dangerous, but mining is very nerfed and just after 2 days of mining made what I used to make in 2 hours... just disappointing... will shelf HOTAS...

I am not sure what to play next... should I try some of strategy games, or another shooter... or perhaps adventure game?! What are you guys enjoying at the moment?
Old 25 October 2020, 04:55   #22
jmmijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
OK, back to original problem... what to play next...

Mass Effect Andromeda was a lot of fun, sometimes I play bit of Alien Isolation, by play I mean watch my character die over and over until I find what I am supposed to do... played also Elite Dangerous, but mining is very nerfed and just after 2 days of mining made what I used to make in 2 hours... just disappointing... will shelf HOTAS...

I am not sure what to play next... should I try some of strategy games, or another shooter... or perhaps adventure game?! What are you guys enjoying at the moment?
May I suggest Torchlight III, very fun and of course has some similarities to Diablo.
Old 25 October 2020, 05:21   #23
Anubis
Retro Gamer

I finished first game, but never tried second and do not own third yet.

Any other suggestions?

Are you still playing NMS?
Old 25 October 2020, 05:26   #24
jmmijo

Quote:
I finished first game, but never tried second and do not own third yet.

Any other suggestions?

Are you still playing NMS?
I sopped playing NMS once more, i get an itch to play it from time to time.

If looking for a shooter, Serious Sam 4 ?
Old 25 October 2020, 10:04   #25
dreadnought

After a few years break from PC gaming, I've just built a AAA-capable rig again.

Funny thing is, the games I really want to play most are the old ones: Fallout/Skyrim, GTA V, NMS, Dark Souls. GTA with a few gameplay mods is simply amazing.

From the more recent ones, I've tried Control, but got bored really quickly. Far Cry 5 is okay, but their gameplay formula is quite stale. I guess I should give Outer Worlds a go but somehow just can't be bothered...to me it just seems like Fallout-lite.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is quite brilliant though.
Old 25 October 2020, 19:35   #26
Anubis
Retro Gamer

I just noticed AoE III DE was already loaded, probably should give it a try... Its been years since I played the game, and never tried any add-ons.

I never played any Serious Sam games, even I probably have all of them except 4. The same goes for Far Cry, except I did finish and quite enjoyed Far Car Primal. That was nice game.

Thank you for ideas!
Old 26 October 2020, 12:10   #27
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmijo View Post
If looking for a shooter, Serious Sam 4 ?
That game has problems though. Like "Computers that can run Crysis Remastered can't run Serious Sam 4" problems. If you've never played a Serious Sam game, do play them in order. The best ones are still First Encounter and Second Encounter, IMO (the pair together can be seen as "Serious Sam 1"). Had many a hilarious EAB coop run with those back in the day
Old 26 October 2020, 21:24   #28
Anubis
Retro Gamer

OK, so I tried couple of games...

Age of Empires III - been there, done that... still did 7-8 missions in a row and that was enough for now.

Since I had installed Dragon Age Origin, wanted to give it a shot, and not so much sure why this game was so popular in 2009 and how did it manage to start game franchise. Anyone else played it? Will it get any better?

Thinking to play some Crash Bandicoot or Spyro, since I did not play much of either one. My son tried both, and he lost interest soon as he started since both games are not Fortnite or Overwatch.
Old 27 October 2020, 00:41   #29
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Since I had installed Dragon Age Origin, wanted to give it a shot, and not so much sure why this game was so popular in 2009 and how did it manage to start game franchise. Anyone else played it? Will it get any better?
I finished it once... and it's a game where you have to pause combat frequently because party tactics so it's exactly the kind of RPG I normally stay far away from. It's got good bones, interesting characters and an interesting world. I also remember that it required minimal grinding, I spent only a little time on the map triggering random encounters.

But if you want to play an RPG like this then Pillars of Eternity is probably the one that should get preference.
Old 27 October 2020, 13:21   #30
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Thank you for reminder for PoE. I tried it when it came out on XGP and now I have it on steam as well. It is on my list of games to play.

Wanted to try Dragon Age series hopping BW made it interesting like ME series. I just finished initial quest, now trying to figure out where to go.
Old 27 October 2020, 13:27   #31
Muzkat
Into the Wonderful

I played Dragon Age Origins many moons ago. It felt like a love-letter to old-skool CRPGs like Baldur's Gate. I thought the characters and game world were really well done, and the dialogue well written. It had that lovely high fantasy feel about it.

Unfortunately I never completed Dragon Age. I found many of the boss fights to be really hard, and I got stuck in the final scene. The game is on top of my "pile of shame."
Old 27 October 2020, 16:45   #32
dreadnought

DA:O wasn't too bad, though a bit of a mess too, not as tight as Infinity Engine or Neverwinter games which it was supposed to be a successor too. Anyway, I will never forgive them for including that credit-card demanding NPC early on. It was a mindbogglingly shameful move, once I saw it I purged it off my HDD pronto.

If you're in a mood for a decent RPG then Divinity: Original Sin 1/2 are the best CRPGs since the golden era of the early Nineties. The Pillars of Eternity and its ilk are okay but their combat is too stuck in the Bioware era, and that was never all that great to begin with.