English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 03 May 2016, 08:39   #341
apex

Great! Wish you a nice holiday.
Old 05 May 2016, 19:13   #342
spannernick
Retro Nuts

Can you get xbench to load a different version of WHDLoad..?
Old 15 May 2016, 14:47   #343
JimNeray
X-bEnCh addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korodny View Post
Thanks for also uploading this to Aminet, but I accidentally deleted the readme file when renaming it (readme and actual upload do need to have the exact same filename, case matters).

Could you please reupload the readme? Thanks.
No matter about this. I'll upload the next public release instead of this one when it will be finished. Thanx for your post Korodny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransom1122 View Post
Works for me I see that it has image capability. What images are supported? and is there a complete image download?
The screenshots feature allready exist in X-bEnCh but are not documented cause this feature is not finished.
If you want to make some test, you need a picture file named as this: nameoftheslave(without the .slave extension)_1.iff
This file must placed in the xb:datas/db/pix/ drawer.
For example for lemmings.slave you need a picture file in iff format named lemmings_1.iff placed as this: xb:datas/db/pix/lemmings_1.iff
The color 0 must be set to black (0,0,0) and the color 1 must be set to white (15,15,15). The file must be saved in 5bits (32colors).

You have all the key to make some try but as explained before this feature is not finished so you may encounter some strange things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedevilbunny View Post
The new version is working great on my A1200. This is a magnificent program...I really appreciate your efforts and continual work!
Thanx for this comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connorsdad View Post
Hi, could someone tell me how to combine 2 lists into 1 please ?

I have 2 volumes with games in, I can't find a way to have 1 list scan 2 volumes which is why I have 2 separate lists.

Thanks
This feature is not actually included in X-bEnCh. But look like interesting to include this

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazj82 View Post
Hmm, scrap that, seems I only have R6, must have missed the update.

Edit: installed R7 over R6 and the issue has gone
Happy to know that new release is better than previous ones ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by meckert View Post
Hey, on my CDTV (1 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast, IDE68k, kick 3.1) the newest version frequently crashes with guru meditation, when I display games lists, and try to move around them. I tried changing most options, but with no effect. The same configuration (on the same CF card) works fine on WINUAE configured the same as my CDTV.

094f worked fine in that area, but had trouble updating lists.

Any tips ?
Are you using the 0.99R7 ? (The R6 was really buggy). The 0.94F R2 was a really stable release. All the release i've made since this one are pre 1.0 alpha/beta release so many things are not totally finished and a lot of bugs are still here.
Old 15 May 2016, 15:12   #344
JimNeray
X-bEnCh addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabfists View Post
Hi,

I finally tried out X-bEnCh 0.99 R7 Public Beta Release last night. What a great program. Many thanks to Jim for all his work on this.

I ran into an issue though that I haven't figured out a solution to. If I install to a brand new Workbench partition and run XBench for the first time I see the registration screen and the white Loading screen but then it dumps me back to Workbench with no errors.

Is there anything obvious I am doing wrong? Are there any dependencies on other programs or libs? Maybe I need to have Whdload installed?

I am using an unexpanded A1200 with CF and 3.0 kickstart. I also get the same problem when running from WinUAE.
If you've extracted the lha on Windows try to do it on a real Amiga. If this part is ok try to read the doc of Xbench. Xbench need some files to start up and is checking if this files are ok after the reg screen. If they are not here xbench will exit to workbench. This files are listed in the xbench guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apex View Post
Everything fine Jim? Registration still possible? The requester is nerving.
Yes. I'm back my friend !

Quote:
Originally Posted by spannernick View Post
Is there a way of loading x bench without loading Workbench,so you can get more memory..?

Mine loads Workbench then x bench.
Yes you can replace the loadwb in your startup-sequence. See the xbench doc all is explained

Quote:
Can you make a mod selector for it so you can play your own mods..?

Love what you have done so far,it reminds me of a crack/demo.

How much does it cost to register it..?
You can create your own mod play list with Xpl0rEr and then use it as sound playlist with the launcher (see the setup panel).

Quote:
This would be a great feature. I have a list of games on the F1 menu, a list of demos on F2, a list of Mods under the F3 key would be awesome.
As like as TinyLauncher ? Select a mod in the list and play it. It's possible but absolutly not included at this time. I will work on this for a next release.

Quote:
How do you show the picture of the game and info at the bottom of the screen..?
Already answered this upstair

Quote:
Will have to register it then in the coming week. Thanks for a great WHDLoad Launcher Jim...where's Bones..

Would anyone be interested in a video of the latest version..?
For sure ! All video are welcomed.
Old 09 June 2016, 15:52   #345
JimNeray
X-bEnCh addict

Quote:
Can you get xbench to load a different version of WHDLoad..?
I'm not sure too understand this question. Xbench use the version that you have installed on your system. Can you tell me more about your request ?
Old 10 June 2016, 13:08   #346
Twiggy
\m/

I'd guess that they're requesting a setup where you can choose a different version of WHDload for certain games, as some games work better with certain WHDload versions.
Old 10 June 2016, 16:51   #347
JimNeray
X-bEnCh addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
I'd guess that they're requesting a setup where you can choose a different version of WHDload for certain games, as some games work better with certain WHDload versions.
Ok. For this you can use the "X-bEnCh Scripts". In the drawer of your game simply create an amigados script with the same name as the slave with .xbs after the name of the file. (For example for a game slave named toto.slave create a file named toto.xbs in the same drawer). When launching a game xbench check if exist an .xbs in the drawer of the game and if this file exist xbench will run this script instead of the slave. So you can make a special startup with specific whdload arguments or an other version of whdload.

I must complete the doc that is totally out of date. A lot a features are included but not explained.
Old 13 June 2016, 12:41   #348
Twiggy
\m/

Thanks for the explanation. I've never needed it myself, but I was also never aware that you could do that. Cheers.
Old 13 June 2016, 14:09   #349
spannernick
Retro Nuts

Here is the latest X-bEnCH in action its after the Turrican music,this was a live stream from yesterday.

[ Show youtube player ]

THERE BE ANOTHER LIVE STREAM FROM MY A1200 LATER TODAY SO KEEP A EYE OUT FOR IT.
Old 18 June 2016, 15:35   #350
gazj82

Hi Again.

I have the timeout for the WHDLoad requester set to never timeout, this gives me time to click trainer options etc. However launching a game from X-bench ignores this option. Would there be a way to implement this function in the x-bench options somehow?
Old 18 June 2016, 20:19   #351
JimNeray
X-bEnCh addict

Quote:
Hi Again.

I have the timeout for the WHDLoad requester set to never timeout, this gives me time to click trainer options etc. However launching a game from X-bench ignores this option. Would there be a way to implement this function in the x-bench options somehow?
I've added this to the todo list gazj82

@spannernick : Cool videos but you seem to have a sound issue. We hear the music two times with a small latency.
Old 21 June 2016, 20:20   #352
apex

Quote:
Hi Again.

Same request here!
Old 25 July 2016, 19:43   #353
gazj82

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimNeray View Post
I've added this to the todo list gazj82

@spannernick : Cool videos but you seem to have a sound issue. We hear the music two times with a small latency.
Great - Sorry to give you a feature request when you are trying to get stable release.

I have a problem, whenever you try to select a playlist in the launcher options. I can select a playlist (or even if I bring up the file requester box and just click cancel) but when exiting setup or clicking any if the buttons down the left hand side x-bench crashes.

This happens on the latest R10 release and the previous release. I have tried a fresh installation just in case something strange had happened on upgrade but still no luck.
Old 26 July 2016, 00:30   #354
lazi

@JimNeray

However heard about it before, I am new to X-Bench and just tried it in emulation (E-UAE on OS4 - for my excuse).

While checking the configuration possibilities I found a way where the user interface can lost control. The launcher setup window uses standard asl path requester and if I send back the requester window with the depth gadget I found no way to bring it front again.

Could you check if something can be done in the future to avoid such circumstances?

Thanks for this great tool!

Old 26 July 2016, 19:09   #355
JimNeray
X-bEnCh addict

Quote:
Great - Sorry to give you a feature request when you are trying to get stable release.
Don't matter this will be for after the stable release

Quote:
I have a problem, whenever you try to select a playlist in the launcher options. I can select a playlist (or even if I bring up the file requester box and just click cancel) but when exiting setup or clicking any if the buttons down the left hand side x-bench crashes.

This happens on the latest R10 release and the previous release. I have tried a fresh installation just in case something strange had happened on upgrade but still no luck.
Do you use a real Amiga or UAE ? I've tried to reproduce this bug but all is ok here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazi View Post
@JimNeray

However heard about it before, I am new to X-Bench and just tried it in emulation (E-UAE on OS4 - for my excuse).

While checking the configuration possibilities I found a way where the user interface can lost control. The launcher setup window uses standard asl path requester and if I send back the requester window with the depth gadget I found no way to bring it front again.

Could you check if something can be done in the future to avoid such circumstances?

Thanks for this great tool!
Be welcomed lazi. I understand your issue but .... Why doing a so strange thing ?

I don't know for the moment how o but i will find a way to fix that
Old 26 July 2016, 20:59   #356
gazj82

This is on a real A1200 with an 030@25Mhz. I also have 128M fast ram, a 8gb CF hard disk and a PCMCIA network card if any of that helps.
Old 27 July 2016, 21:09   #357
JimNeray
X-bEnCh addict

Quote:
This is on a real A1200 with an 030@25Mhz. I also have 128M fast ram, a 8gb CF hard disk and a PCMCIA network card if any of that helps.
What type of guru do you have ? 8004 8020 ? Can you send me by mail your launcher.prf ?
Old 28 July 2016, 12:57   #358
gazj82

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimNeray View Post
What type of guru do you have ? 8004 8020 ? Can you send me by mail your launcher.prf ?
Ok - I get - 8000 0004

I guess this has something to do with modifying launcher.prf. I have attached it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip launchers.prf.zip (230 Bytes, 116 views)
Old 16 August 2016, 19:58   #359
Acill
Tech Guru

Just came across this thread after searching for a game launcher for WHDLoad. I use iGame now, but hate it. Is this a boot disk launcher or can I run this like iGame from workbench using an icon to start it? I''ve been looking for a way to launch a menu that I can sort my WHDLoad games and demo disks in separate listings. iGame now puts everything up in a single big list. This will be perfect if I can launch it without makng it part of my bootup.

My system is an A4000T
CSPPC
Mediator
Radeon 9200 RTS
Indivision MK II CR
Ratte's switch to bring it all together

Thanks!
Old 17 August 2016, 20:52   #360
Acill
Tech Guru

Tried out the latest release last night. It crashed with a guru before anything came up and rebooted. The next time it just went to a black screen. What a shame, I really want something I can use to launch whdload stuff and keep demo disks and games in a separate list.