English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 23 April 2010, 14:31   #21
seuden
uber cool demi god

Yeah Xplorer 360 is another one iirc.

EDIT: In fact I think it's Xplorer 360 which I used.
Old 23 April 2010, 14:43   #22
deicidal
Registered Insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by deicidal View Post
I have used Xplorer 360 in the past and hot swapped because I didnt have the key
Just want to point out I don't think Xplorer 360 supports unlocking though, you would have to do that with something else.
Old 23 April 2010, 14:55   #23
kipper2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by deicidal View Post
Just want to point out I don't think Xplorer 360 supports unlocking though, you would have to do that with something else.
i never did lock my HDD up, i never went online so there was no need to. I didnt care about running the official dash so once the new Bios was in i left it unlocked. I'll try the explorer apps tonite
Old 23 April 2010, 16:24   #24
waal

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
Any core updates? Or is it all lame GUI eye candy?
Lame GUI eye candy ?
Just release something and then talk, man. And before that, read my post again.
But if you really were sure of what you are talking about here, at least please be a little bit more constructive. For instance, you may actually help improving the current version.
Because ressource speaking , we all know xbox can't handle any recent winuae core, right ?
Or do you speak this way just because you never succeeded in upgrading winuaex ?

Last edited by waal; 23 April 2010 at 16:50.
Old 23 April 2010, 16:47   #25
waal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper2k View Post
I'll check it out. I believe its V16 on my Xbox, there are a few bugs/improvements i would like to see. I'd like to see the default directories all come from within the game dir itself, i did remap it to within the install dir to make it easier to find everything. Also i think there should be a home Dir enable option (same as ftp) that locks the user into their specified game dir once they have set it up so they don't get lost.
Current version is Winuaex V17.
Well I think Madmab changed something about that. I warmly invite you to contact him through the irc channel or on xbox-scene forum to talk about this. I know he's a very kind guy and he'll listen to you.

Quote:

I did try to use the savestate function so that the games would load up immediately to the menu page for those games with readme, but the savestate caused errors with the jmenu, haven't found a fix yet. There is also a memory leak too i think as when i was going through the games 1 by 1, winuaex would eventually crash and need to be reloaded. All random, no specific game, just seems like after running so many games it would hang. Not sure if a reset mem function can be implemented to mabbe fix this after exiting a game?
Thanks to the script Rare_j provided here, save states work with whd games on my setup. Do you want me to send you some samples ? Feel free to ask.

This memory leak is THE problem on Winuaex. Obviously, Madmab found a way to circle this bug for some cases so less freezings occur. But any help from the EAB community would be very welcomed.

Quote:
An auto script for config sounds great, i only have about 250 games on the xbox, they are pretty well all the ones i consider worthy but it would be nice to get the whole package done. Its a pretty slow process on my stubby fingers mapping all the whdload folders etc.
Sure, check the thread rare_j opened about his script. Thanks to him, I can convert my whdload game in a glimpe:
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=48478

Quote:
One more thing, even though the roms were installed in winuaex some games still complained about kickstarts missing until i put them in the...
whd:devs/kickstarts directory which of course can take up a lot of space when you are talking about a lot of whdload games

example.. the Three stooges (quite a few more too).

edit: ps where is the help key on the popup keyboard ? I was trying to use it for a few games and not sure if that key is mapped ?
Well, i never had that kickstart problem. And space is not a problem because i use a single HDF for booting that is only 2MB.

Help key... I know it's available but I forgot where it is right now ! I'll check at home this evening.
Old 23 April 2010, 17:07   #26
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Looks good
I dont know anything about Winuaex -But the HD games are WHDload? and Reg with SplashDelay=0?

I dont know if it supports CD32 pads but maybe you could skip JMenu
If RED button Held -ReadMe
Blue -Cheat /Custom1=?
Green - SkidRow Cracktro

I think ill have to get an Xbox
Old 23 April 2010, 17:29   #27
deicidal
Registered Insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
Deffinatly worth a purchase they make a nice little emu/media player and considering how cheap you can pick them up for, your more likely to spend more on the hdd you put in it.
Old 23 April 2010, 17:43   #28
kipper2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
Looks good
I dont know anything about Winuaex -But the HD games are WHDload? and Reg with SplashDelay=0?

I dont know if it supports CD32 pads but maybe you could skip JMenu
If RED button Held -ReadMe
Blue -Cheat /Custom1=?
Green - SkidRow Cracktro

I dont think there are too many people that will argue against the fact that the xbox IS the best console for emulation. So much out there for it, and there are still people working on the emulators which is great. Now that we can use Sata drives in there using an adapter you could in theory put every released xbox game on the HD... (hang on, i said in theory, i know some games don't allow HD installation) and every game for every emulator, and still have room for music, movies and streaming etc.

One thing i am going to try (just waiting for this item to arrive... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:AAQ:US:1123

I want to use it and see how it works with the amiga games that require mouse/keyboard input. I'm assuming that it connects to port 1 which will basically take the place of the joystick so i am hoping that i can parallel tie in the controller to the same output so all 3 devices would be active on the one port

I bought an xbox 1 extension cable so i can chop off the female end so i can tie it into either the controller header in the xbox itself or splice it into the frag box.

Time will tell

ps, look around, you can get the frag box cheaper... get one now b4 they all gone, they're not being made any more
Old 23 April 2010, 17:55   #29
seuden
uber cool demi god

Just use a USB keyboard and mouse with an adapter.
Old 23 April 2010, 17:59   #30
kipper2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by seuden View Post
Just use a USB keyboard and mouse with an adapter.

I dont think you get what i was trying to say... for instance, alien breed tower assault needs keyboard and joystick input to play, so if you have the keyboard/mouse adapter plugged in port 1 then you dont have the use of the joystick (at least thats what i am assuming) so i need to find a way to be able, in this particular case, use the joystick to play the game and be able to use the keyboard at the same time. Am i out to lunch in my logic ?
Old 23 April 2010, 18:35   #31
adolescent