English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Modules

Old 11 December 2017, 12:12   #1
amigakickstart

Old Coverdisk mod, featuring martians/invaders?

Hi, this may be a long shot, I've been tracking down some old mods from cover disks, I'm missing just one that I can't find.

- I think the theme was martians or invaders, I think it opened with a sort of martian/alien noise across all the tracks.
- I remember it had a beat with a shaker on one track.
- It featured audio samples, one was like a old radio announcer, may have even been samples from The War of the Worlds, said something like "something so terrible"
-I think there were alien like laugh samples

I think I played it in OctaMED 3 or 4, so may have come with it?

Thanks very much to anyone who might be able to help

Old 12 December 2017, 17:19   #2
amigakickstart

…just to add, I remembered it starts with an organ sound it goes up 4 keys and I think then there is a laugh or something before the beat kicks in; there are plenty of other audio samples I think

And I may have even nabbed this from a game directory that was on a cover disk?…

Last edited by amigakickstart; 12 December 2017 at 17:20. Reason: additional detail

Old 12 December 2017, 17:22   #3
DH
Global Moderator

You could check out all of the magazine disk contents on AMR to see if there's anything there you recognise, albeit it's a longshot?
Old 12 December 2017, 17:33   #4
amigakickstart

I found it!!! The mod is titled 'strange is my name' and is from a PD Game called 'The Attack of the Green Smelly Aliens From Planet 27b/6'

This took so much searching through cover disks.

In the end I found it by chance by searching for 'invaders' in the HOL and it happened to be the first result! Only by then opening the game did I realise it was what I was looking for!

Old 12 December 2017, 17:34   #5
amigakickstart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DH View Post
You could check out all of the magazine disk contents on AMR to see if there's anything there you recognise, albeit it's a longshot?
Thanks I had been trawling those, also used Total Commander with the Amiga DX plugin so I could view inside ADF and DMS files to speed up the process

I think my previous post triggered my memory and I got jammy searching on HOL

Old 21 December 2017, 07:53   #6
Carlos Ace

Send a message via ICQ to Carlos Ace
Floppy disk

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigakickstart View Post
I found it!!! The mod is titled 'strange is my name' and is from a PD Game called 'The Attack of the Green Smelly Aliens From Planet 27b/6'

This took so much searching through cover disks.

In the end I found it by chance by searching for 'invaders' in the HOL and it happened to be the first result! Only by then opening the game did I realise it was what I was looking for!
Ok, for those who also want it:
http://amr.abime.net/issue_14_coverdisks