English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old 09 July 2011, 23:22   #1
GarethPW
Team Mango

Thinking about getting back into game dev

Once I get my A1200 up and running, I might try my hand at a simple game, see where I get with it. I used to do Amos and Blitz stuff back in the day, and dabbled a little with Storm C toward the end. I've since moved on to XNA dev on the PC.

So I'm wondering:

1. What version was the last Blitz on the Amiga? Did it ever get any kind of object-orientation?

2. Are there any graphics and sound wrapper libraries for C? Any "best" all-in-one solution (IDE, compiler, game libraries etc.)? Don't have the desire to learn 68k, and I don't want to get low-level in C, either.

Cheers!
Old 10 July 2011, 08:48   #2
Lord Riton

Sorry i don't know anythink about Blitz, i don't program in C on the Amiga either, but i went to your blog, and really nice games you made there
Old 10 July 2011, 10:14   #3
gilgamesh
Linux snob

The latest version is the open source fork AmiBlitz. I don't think it ever got OO on Amiga, but can't tell for sure.
Old 02 September 2011, 13:53   #4
r0ber7
it's all in your head

Right now I'm coding a game in Blitz 2.1 (well actually on a short break). Check out this thread for Blitz references, manual, etc. Don't know about object oriented stuff. I've also got a nice Blitz setup I got from bippym, I'd be happy to send it to you or throw it in the zone. I hear AmiBlitz is nice as well.