English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 03 November 2019, 23:54   #441
SpocksBeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batgirl65 View Post
I think the reason for my prompt shipping is my keyboard kit is unassembled.
That's an option? Well if I knew that...
Old 04 November 2019, 00:37   #442
rlake
Hittin' the hardware...

Hmm, that's what I asked for in my latest email. It's worth pestering just for the chance of reducing needless workload?! If they could just check in with people they might find it's reduced significantly.
Old 04 November 2019, 01:40   #443
SpocksBeer

I've sent off a message requesting a kit, we'll see what they say.

Kipper2k, it would definitely be a good idea to offer future keyboards as a kit option. I'm especially interested in your C64MX design, but not super impressed with AOTL as a distributor. Between this (and another irritating interaction with them on another order) I would be unlikely to pre-order anything from them again, and I'd be thinking twice about ordering an instock item. Which is a shame, as they seem to be the sole distributor for a number of your other excellent designs.
Old 04 November 2019, 02:28   #444
SpocksBeer

And a quick "no" from AOTL. Keyboard probably shipping soon, apparently. Guess I'll wait a bit longer then.
Old 04 November 2019, 16:01   #445
Metropolis

Yep. A "no" about keyboard kits on my end as well. This makes zero sense.
Old 05 November 2019, 05:06   #446
sean_sk
Gimmemore Commodore

So how the hell did BatGirl65 get an unassembled kit then? I'd rather put it together myself. That's half the fun right there!
Old 05 November 2019, 18:22   #447
mattsoft

Maybe BatGirl65 is mistaken or just having a laugh.
Old 11 November 2019, 16:44   #448
Batgirl65

No laugh, totally incorrect and counted my chickens before they hatched. Sorry for the delay in posting. I work for Apple and this is a very busy time of the year. My package arrived sans the Keyboard with an apology for the length of time it’s taking to get the keyboards out. Sorry to throw gasoline on the fire. I guess I just look on the bright side even when the lights gone out.
Old 12 November 2019, 04:11   #449
rlake
Hittin' the hardware...

That's cool, appreciate the update!

So this is getting increasingly strange. With such a connected community, what are the odds of absolutely nobody with knowledge of a recipient at this stage, or even hearsay? Pretty low, I feel. I'm also kinda surprised AOTL haven't blogged a quick update with a pile of boxes and "bear with us!" to alleviate. I'll still give them the benefit of doubt but it's wearing.
Old 13 November 2019, 15:27   #450
Batgirl65

It would be amazing if they just released a blog entry a day on the progress they are making on completing orders. At this point I am thinking they may have met with some kind of technical issue they are not sharing. Come on and communicate already!
Old 24 November 2019, 14:04   #451
mrprawns

Just looking at this keyboard replacement.

I am interested in the black keys one (and it is listed as black) but looking at the pictures on the Amiga on the Lake site they show as grey :

Can anyone confirm are they actually black (maybe the keys used in the photo aren't the exact colour you get)?
Old 24 November 2019, 19:22   #452
SpocksBeer

Asked and answered a few pages back. Apparently they are "off black", though not as much as the photo suggests. As far as I can tell, there are none of these out in the wild so it's hard to say exactly how they look.
Old 27 November 2019, 15:50   #453
Metropolis

We're now entering December and as far as we know, these don't actually exist in the wild.

AOTL will not be receiving any of my money from here on. Kipper: please find someone else next time.
Old 28 November 2019, 22:01   #454
Hercules
Vodka monster.

I sent them an email a month or so ago... They never replied.

I've fired them off another email asking why they have kept their customers in the dark since August and asked them to update their customers via this thread. Please can anyone else share their communications with them so we can build a picture as to what is going on.
Old 28 November 2019, 22:57   #455
Gryfon

I’m definitely interested an a 1200 variant - is there any more progress on a UK supplier (Kippers brother last I read)?
Old 29 November 2019, 20:38   #456
zodiac

AOTL has never responded to me as well concerning my preorder. Here we are a year on from when they said the keyboards would be available. I understand that things come up, but the lack of communication is just awful. I wish that I never preordered from them and I would recommend that no one else do so.
Old 29 November 2019, 21:13   #457
FREEMILK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprawns View Post
Just looking at this keyboard replacement.

I am interested in the black keys one (and it is listed as black) but looking at the pictures on the Amiga on the Lake site they show as grey :

Can anyone confirm are they actually black (maybe the keys used in the photo aren't the exact colour you get)?
The picture is actually my keyboard in a friends black A1200.net case, pic is taken outside in natural sunlight on top of a hot tub cover.

They keys are slightly less black then the case, my keyboard was sample set of keys, however it looks so awesome, i actually am glad they are slightly off. it looks amazing.

Home this helps. and last i heard " 2 days ago" the keyboards are shipping.
Old 29 November 2019, 21:14   #458
Hercules
Vodka monster.

OK I had a reply from Amiga On The Lake...

I asked them where I am in the order que based on my order number. They only said my order I would get soon.

I also asked them to please give their customers a status update in this very thread regarding the progress of getting their units shipped and they owe that to their customers whom invested their faith and trust in them. So far they still did not follow this up in my email or have the courtesy to inform their customers in this thread with regard to what is going on. Its clear they don't give a damn when their are still no updates in four months.

Keep banging the drum people as a picture is now emerging of how they love to take the money but don't give a damn of their customers.
Old 29 November 2019, 21:16   #459
EzdineG

I’m not happy about this either, but they’re probably just really overwhelmed.

To say we’re a niche of a small niche would be an understatement. They surely do have day jobs.

That said, a public post would take no more than 5 mins of your day.
Old 30 November 2019, 09:37   #460
Decker

I REALLY want a replacement case and a keyboard for my 1200, but nothing seems to end up on the 'shelves' of Vesalia or Amigakit these days. Everything is very limited runs, made to order. Which means one of these days I'll have to stop being a regular consumer and jump on a waiting list. Actually I don't even mind the wait, just haven't paid enough attention to see which is trustworthy. AOTL do just seem overwhelmed with growth, frankly.

Over the years I've had huge delays with both Vesalia and Amigakit, but no Amiga dealer has ever actually screwed me over. So there's hope for you people.