English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 11 September 2014, 20:44   #1
lordofchaos
TinkerTailorContentMaker

Amiga games you intend to beat but never have

The thread says it all really, there's loads of Amiga games I keep saying to myself, yeah one day I`ll come back and finish you, but never do. Although one recent game I did say that about was Seek & Destroy, but I finally did finish the bastard, and the weird thing was it was easier than I remember..

Well there's still lots to finish starting with, Moonstone, Robocop III, Kings Quest IV and Lure Of The Temptress, to name but a few..

I think it's important to get that sense of closure with some of those games that kicked your arse as a youth.
Old 11 September 2014, 22:16   #2
Gzegzolka

Marvelus Marvin, Super Methane Bross, Prey alien encouter... and few more, usually I pick one game and play till I finish it or stop playing near end when I know it's not worth to spend more time and finish it.
Old 11 September 2014, 23:03   #3
liviux76

I remember that I got to level 98 out of 100 of Push Over back in the days but for some reasons I didn't finish it...
From then on I tried the game many times arriving at level 20 , 30 or so but I never became again enough good to go ahead...
There are many other games that I wanted to finish but Push Over is certainly "The One" for me... maybe one day I'll do it!
Old 11 September 2014, 23:35   #4
lordofchaos
TinkerTailorContentMaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by liviux76 View Post
I remember that I got to level 98 out of 100 of Push Over back in the days but for some reasons I didn't finish it...
From then on I tried the game many times arriving at level 20 , 30 or so but I never became again enough good to go ahead...
There are many other games that I wanted to finish but Push Over is certainly "The One" for me... maybe one day I'll do it!
Ouch! That must have been soul destroying Well I admire you stamina, best of luck beating it!
Old 11 September 2014, 23:51   #5
Leffmann

I want to complete some of the really good adventure games at some point: Monkey Island 1 & 2, Lure of the Temptress, Legend of Kyrandia, both of the Elvira games, and both of the Indiana Jones games.
Old 12 September 2014, 00:17   #6
vitux
Banned

Dune progressed in the game, saved games, but have not been back
Old 12 September 2014, 00:29   #7
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leffmann View Post
I want to complete some of the really good adventure games at some point: Monkey Island 1 & 2, Lure of the Temptress, Legend of Kyrandia, both of the Elvira games, and both of the Indiana Jones games.
I'm also having 3 of those on my list to complete still. For the later Lucasarts games you might want to try them on PC though. It's really a better experience.
Old 12 September 2014, 10:17   #8
LieutLaww

Batman the Movie, I never did finish the final level and I am sure there are plenty of others that I can't quite remember atm.
Old 12 September 2014, 10:22   #9
s2325
Zone Friend

Too many levels but I liked gameplay: Qwak, Benefactor, Parasol Stars, Cannon Fodder. Tried to finish all of them.
Old 12 September 2014, 16:58   #10
brett71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leffmann View Post
Just FYI about "Lure of the Temptress"...

I always wanted to finish Lure of the Temptress, but the only copy I ever had was the Version 1 which has a bug at the end that makes the game un-finishable (not a crack-related bug, it was actually an error by the authors). In another thread, someone had a copy of the fixed Version 2 that Virgin released, Galahad was going to do a proper crack of it, apparently did, but then last thing I heard was that he was waiting for a cracktro. Dunno if he ever did release it. Supposedly, a working WHDLoad version exists.
Old 12 September 2014, 18:12   #11
hansel75
Walk Off? Boolander!

Shadow of the beast 1, 2 and 3 without cheating!
Old 12 September 2014, 18:40   #12
demoniac

Perihelion, Hunter, Black Crypt and It Came from the Desert are what I haven't made a real effort in trying to complete.
Old 13 September 2014, 00:48   #13
Marcuz

Lure of the Temptress, I was stuck at 3/4 of the game, retried and didn't even get there, and thought to retry sometime.

Black Crypt, I wasn't able to beat the final battle, restarted the game many times, and benched it for better times.

Lotus I, Deflektor... same story.
Old 13 September 2014, 10:10   #14
SWIV

Dungeon Master,Nebulus (just tower one would be great!) and Carrier Command, I have destroyed the enemy carrier it is just a case of retaking all the remaining islands once I have found where my disk save is ;/

Last edited by SWIV; 10 October 2014 at 22:19.
Old 13 September 2014, 10:24   #15
Gzegzolka

sometimes I play game not to beat them, just to play, enjoy mayhem and cool music
Old 13 September 2014, 11:53   #16
spiff
Oh noes!

I tend to cheat and "youtube finish" them... after about 10 minutes of omfgStupidDesign I get cured of any notion if actually doing it.
With that said:

Infestation, midwinter II, Hunter and monkey island, I loved exploring in these games, just never got very far with that approach.
Old 13 September 2014, 12:15   #17
solarice

Some have already been mentioned, but i'd say Syndicate is probably the most obvious one that springs to mind but there's a few others (another world, flashback to mention a couple). I usually ended up playing games (knights, lotus turbo challange, north and south etc etc) against my brother most of the time.

I did complete Beneath a steel sky back in the day, even with all the disk swapping. If you haven't played it, you may as well seeing as its a free download now on pc.
Old 13 September 2014, 12:22   #18
Leffmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett71 View Post
Just FYI about "Lure of the Temptress"...

I always wanted to finish Lure of the Temptress, but the only copy I ever had was the Version 1 which has a bug at the end that makes the game un-finishable (not a crack-related bug, it was actually an error by the authors). In another thread, someone had a copy of the fixed Version 2 that Virgin released, Galahad was going to do a proper crack of it, apparently did, but then last thing I heard was that he was waiting for a cracktro. Dunno if he ever did release it. Supposedly, a working WHDLoad version exists.
I think that bug is what stopped me from finishing it the first time around. Thanks for the reminder, I'll look out for that next time.

I just ran into a similar game-stopper in Monkey Island 1. I bought the treasure map from that shady guy in the street, and after another hour of playing without saving I "Look at map" and the game just freezes...

Old 13 September 2014, 12:33   #19
lordofchaos
TinkerTailorContentMaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansel75 View Post
Shadow of the beast 1, 2 and 3 without cheating!
Good luck! That would be quite an undertaking I got about half way on the first game, even less on the second and close to completion with the third.

It's a shame the series ended where it did, they were almost becoming playable by the end, they had discovered humans played games too not just memorising machines, I`m kidding but they were pretty evil with their difficulty curves.. Although curve would suggest there was something gradual to the difficulty levels, not always the case with psygnosis games
Old 07 October 2014, 09:17   #20
Torisoft

Most of all Shadow of the Beast I, having finished the two sequels I am still angry that I did not finish the first! Though I came upon it last. Also, lure of temptress, Hook and GOBLINS! I finished Flashback with codes of last levels and regret not completing it myself.