English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

View Poll Results: Which HUD design do you like better?
Design #1 3 8.11%
Design #2 6 16.22%
Design #3 28 75.68%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13 June 2023, 23:19   #21
robinsonb5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsak View Post
I feel 2 is more simple and straightforward (you could also say more austere) whereas 3 has a more 'exotic' feel, with its small detail and contrast

Personally I feel like the screwheads in "2" are a bit too large compared with the rest of the design - the scale of the rivets in 1 and 3 feels more natural to me.

I couldn't really put my finger on why I prefer "3" so much - but I think it's (a) because it breaks up the two patches of reddish brown (in "1" those two patches are large enough that they command more attention than they deserve, given that they don't convey any information), but mostly (b) because it lends a local symmetry to the life and ammo counters, by giving them a greenish-grey background either side, and makes their frames more visible.
Old 14 June 2023, 08:46   #22
grond

I like #3 the best because of the contrast between the reddish and the greenish bits. The screws in #2 aren't easily recognisable as such and made me wonder whether they were indicators of some sort. And their notches are perfectly horizontal and aligned to each other which would be very unusual for screws. Screws would be fine if there were more of them and the whole image was drawn in a more contemporary (=non-Amiga) resolution so that they would have individual looks to them.
Old 11 October 2023, 10:00   #23
zzbylu
Saberman

A new version 0.3 demo of the Grind game has been released, featuring the Darkenward City map. Gameplay:
[ Show youtube player ]