English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 25 September 2017, 21:45   #1
MacGuyver2

Filter game lists to favorites?

In FS-UAE Launcher, is there any way to toggle the list of games so that only your favorites are shown?

Also, I see in the open retro game database that there is a score for each game. Is it possible to filter the game lists so that only games above a certain score are shown?

Thanks!

MacGuyver2

Old 26 September 2017, 10:38   #2
MacGuyver2

OK, I sorted out a way to make this work! (Listing just favorite games)

Just came across this comment in the changelist for FS-UAE Launcher 2.9.4dev:

Quote:
Regarding the favorites functionality, there is no UI to add/remove favorites in the the Launcher/Arcade yet. But you can filter by favorites. For now, favorite games can be added/removed at https://openretro.org/user/favorites and the launcher will sync down this list when updating the game database.
I wasn't sure what "sync down the list" meant, but I logged into to my account at https://openretro.org/user/favorites and added the URL to one of my favorite games in the database, Populous. To be clear, I needed to paste the following:
https://openretro.org/amiga/populous

Hey, that worked, it was listing Populous now on the open Retro Game Database as one of my favorites!

I quickly tried the developer version of FS-UAE-Launcher, and found the favorites drop down menu choice (other choices are configs and games, configs, and games). Unfortunately, Populous was not showing up. Why not? Oh yes, I had to breifly sync the database again! So I quickly updated the game database and now it was displaying my favorites list with just Populous. Yay!

Will by nice to have this selecting and filtering possible within the Launcher UI, but for now, this works fine!

MacGuyver

Old 16 October 2017, 19:49   #3
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Yes, "sync down this list" only happens when you run the "Update Game Database" function. Not terribly user-friendly yet, but
Old 26 July 2019, 15:20   #4
pycur

Is there any way to mark favorite games in the launcher?
Googling a link for any game I would want to place in that list would take quite a lots of work to finish this list...