English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 06 January 2010, 12:34   #301
Don_Adan

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
Back on topic, the PDY version of Embryo, cracked by "The Best" (*sigh*) won't work correctly since the checksum checks have not been removed... The crack is rather poor anyway (copying crack patch to $290.w which is totally unnecessary).
I remember poor cracked version too, similar like Crystal Dragon or Reunion.
Old 06 January 2010, 12:40   #302
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Adan View Post
I remember poor cracked version too, similar like Crystal Dragon or Reunion.
PDX version of Embryo (cracked by "The Johns", fake handles ftw ) works fine though. Reunion was fixed later.
Old 06 January 2010, 15:03   #303
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Not all Amiga games has protection. For me most of Amiga games with checksums or ingame checks were not cracked correctly in first time (first version is always the most important for most users). Most of poor cracks is fixed already. I checked Boilerroom collection, some titles has fixes: Ork, Warp, Mega Twins (I have my own fix for this game), but I don't checked these fixes. I don't know how many is "lots" for You: 50, 100, 200, 500 or more, but minimum 50 Amiga titles is not cracked or not cracked correctly. Next titles too: Rocket Ranger, Lords of Rising Sun, Legend of Longbow, Larry 5 etc.

BTW. I don't found cracked version of Saint Dragon, then perhaps You can't remove this game from list. Deep Core was crackfixed later.
Sorry, just rubbish. I can clearly remember completing Saint Dragon crack back when it was first released.

You can't judge all cracks on a few select groups versions. For instance, Paranoimia didn't crack Turrican properly, but everyone else did.

And its not true that 'most' game with checksums in them were not cracked properly first time.

Some games were not cracked properly, that doesn't equate to 'most' at all!

50 titles out of thousands is not a lot.

And the argument that lots of Amiga titles were not protected is spurious and rubbish. Only a small fraction of any titles were not protected, very small.
Old 06 January 2010, 17:19   #304
waal

What did Paranoimia do wrong with their version of Turrican (Turicon, lol) ?
Old 06 January 2010, 17:21   #305
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

they "forgot" to patch the checksum checks thus the game didn't work correctly.
Old 08 January 2010, 13:35   #306
Don_Adan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
Sorry, just rubbish. I can clearly remember completing Saint Dragon crack back when it was first released.

You can't judge all cracks on a few select groups versions. For instance, Paranoimia didn't crack Turrican properly, but everyone else did.

And its not true that 'most' game with checksums in them were not cracked properly first time.

Some games were not cracked properly, that doesn't equate to 'most' at all!

50 titles out of thousands is not a lot.

And the argument that lots of Amiga titles were not protected is spurious and rubbish. Only a small fraction of any titles were not protected, very small.
Tell me the link to cracked version of Saint Dragon, can exist but for me is rare (maybe like cracked version of Fate Gates of Dawn). Check Boilerroom collection for "crackfix" if is done by other crack group or "fix" if is done by this same crack group, you can ignore all "NTSC/PAL fixes". Similar you can check Boondox collection for fix/crackfix, many games were not cracked correctly in first time.
Old 08 January 2010, 13:59   #307
waal

So what ? What matters is that we had at last proper final versions to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
they "forgot" to patch the checksum checks thus the game didn't work correctly.
Oh I see. Will check what happens then bcoz I don't remember having problem with it at the time.
Old 08 January 2010, 14:21   #308
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by waal View Post
Oh I see. Will check what happens then bcoz I don't remember having problem with it at the time.
Try to finish level 1.3 ;D
Old 08 January 2010, 16:44   #309
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Tell me the link to cracked version of Saint Dragon, can exist but for me is rare (maybe like cracked version of Fate Gates of Dawn). Check Boilerroom collection for "crackfix" if is done by other crack group or "fix" if is done by this same crack group, you can ignore all "NTSC/PAL fixes". Similar you can check Boondox collection for fix/crackfix, many games were not cracked correctly in first time.
I can't give you a link to it, because its a game I played nearly 20 years ago! Boilerroom and Boondocks are NOT de facto 100% resources for every crack release.

Quit this rubbish saying 'many' games were not cracked 100%, because thats an outright lie.

And I didn't ever defend the crack of Fate Gates of Dawn either, so I have no clue why you keep bringing that one up.

I completed Saint Dragon when it was first released, there can be no debate about this. Unless you are content to call me a liar that is?
Old 08 January 2010, 21:26   #310
demoniac

Quote:
correctly. Next titles too: Rocket Ranger, Lords of Rising Sun, Legend of Longbow, Larry 5 etc.
The last couple of years, I released a working Lords of the Rising Sun, but yes the original QTX version was troublesome.

Quote:
BTW. I don't found cracked version of Saint Dragon, then perhaps You can't remove this game from list.
The most common version of Saint Dragon always worked for me -- Skid Row/Valhalla +1. Check The Zone for my version. I've completed it to the end. What kind of problems do you have with it?
Old 08 January 2010, 23:44   #311
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by demoniac View Post
The last couple of years, I released a working Lords of the Rising Sun, but yes the original QTX version was troublesome.

The most common version of Saint Dragon always worked for me -- Skid Row/Valhalla +1. Check The Zone for my version. I've completed it to the end. What kind of problems do you have with it?
Curiously the exact same version NOMAD chose to AGA fix as well.
Old 13 January 2010, 23:19   #312
mai

Atomic Robo-Kid

Atomic Robo-Kid (1990)(Activision)(Disk 2 of 2)[cr Angels - Genesis]
seems to be bad cracked or damaged.
Its the original scene release, unfortunalety no different disk 2 of this game exists, even the disk 2 of "Skid Row" crack is not available.
I have tried disk 2 of the IPF release and this disk works together with the cracked disk 1.
Old 14 January 2010, 03:17   #313
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Just a bad image, i remember getting a long way into that game back in the day.
Old 14 January 2010, 07:51   #314
EmuChicken

I remember wetting my pants when I saw that Fairlight cracktro for the first time.

- Thanks FLT ^-^
Old 14 January 2010, 14:21   #315
Don_Adan

Quote:
Originally Posted by demoniac View Post

You finished demo version.
Skid Row version:
dc.b 10
dc.b " The Sales Curve presents...",10
dc.b " Saint Dragon",10
dc.b " The Demo",10
dc.b " Amiga Saint Dragon features",10
dc.b " Continuous disk loading system.",10
dc.b " Original arcade graphics.",10
dc.b " Original arcade sound effects.",10
dc.b " Original arcade music.",10
dc.b 10
dc.b " Published by The Sales Curve Ltd.",10
dc.b " Licensed from (c) 1989 JALECO Ltd.",10
dc.b " (c) 1990 The Sales Curve Ltd.",10
dc.b " Programmed by Random Access...",10
dc.b " Amiga and ST John Croudy",10
dc.b " CBM 64 Warren Mills",10
dc.b " Spectrum Andy Taylor",10
dc.b " Amstrad Alan Jardine",10
dc.b " Amiga and ST artist Ned Langman",10
dc.b " CBM 64 artist Rob Whitaker",10
dc.b " Spectrum Amstrad artist Shaun McClure",10
dc.w 12
dc.b '4/SEP/\#(_year+1) 18:36',0
Original version:
dc.b 10
dc.b " SAINT DRAGON",10
dc.b 10 dc.b " Published by The Sales Curve Ltd.",10
dc.b " Licensed from (c) 1989 JALECO Ltd.",10
dc.b " (c) 1990 The Sales Curve Ltd.",10
dc.b " Programmed by Random Access...",10
dc.b " Amiga and ST John Croudy",10
dc.b " CBM 64 Warren Mills",10
dc.b " Spectrum Andy Taylor",10
dc.b " Amstrad Alan Jardine",10
dc.b " Amiga and ST artist Ned Langman",10
dc.b " CBM 64 artist Rob Whitaker",10
dc.b " Spectrum Amstrad artist Shaun McClure",10
dc.w 12
dc.b '2/NOV/1990 16:51',0,0
Old 14 January 2010, 15:09   #316
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Its not a demo version.

Its more than likely a reviewers copy that someone leaked to Skid Row.

The demo text never appears onscreen, neither does any of the text telling you what the game does (i.e. continuous loading etc).

The disk size for the Skid Row version and the original is only a couple of k different, i.e. the original is as small as the Skid Row version. All of the levels that are in the original are in the Skid Row version.

So in essence, the Skid Row version isn't fucked and is the full game, only thing the Skid Row reviewers copy lacked was the Copylock.
Old 14 January 2010, 15:33   #317
Don_Adan

Quote:
Its not a demo version.

Its more than likely a reviewers copy that someone leaked to Skid Row.

The demo text never appears onscreen, neither does any of the text telling you what the game does (i.e. continuous loading etc).

The disk size for the Skid Row version and the original is only a couple of k different, i.e. the original is as small as the Skid Row version. All of the levels that are in the original are in the Skid Row version.

So in essence, the Skid Row version isn't fucked and is the full game, only thing the Skid Row reviewers copy lacked was the Copylock.
Access to demo text can be removed by cracker (if it has any protection), I seen only supplier name.
For me this is demo version. Demo version is unplayable without trainer. Original version is playable without trainer (easy to check, if someone try to play full version too). Similar exist cracked Toki demo/beta version with only small differences between final version. I don't like Skid Row cracks too much.
Old 14 January 2010, 15:37   #318
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Access to demo text can be removed by cracker (if it has any protection), I seen only supplier name.
For me this is demo version. Demo version is unplayable without trainer. Original version is playable without trainer (easy to check, if someone try to play full version too). Similar exist cracked Toki demo/beta version with only small differences between final version. I don't like Skid Row cracks too much.
Yes it can be removed, that doesn't mean it was.

I don't know what you mean by 'unplayable', i've completed this game, this very version.

Your logic is somewhat faulty. Software companies don't normally give away a Demo version that happens to be the full game.
Old 14 January 2010, 15:42   #319
Don_Adan

Quote:
Yes it can be removed, that doesn't mean it was.

I don't know what you mean by 'unplayable', i've completed this game, this very version.

Your logic is somewhat faulty. Software companies don't normally give away a Demo version that happens to be the full game.
You can find differences if you are killed (you lost everything in demo version). Sometimes demo was given to crack by authors, if I remember right Pinball Dreams is good example.
Old 14 January 2010, 19:32   #320
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
You can find differences if you are killed (you lost everything in demo version). Sometimes demo was given to crack by authors, if I remember right Pinball Dreams is good example.
A 1 level demo is one thing, but for a company to WILLINGLY give the ENTIRE game makes no sense whatsoever.

it would be commercial suicide for any company to do that.

Sorry, you're just making non-sensical posts now.

The Silents would have given away one table, not the whole game!