English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.CD32 Conversion

Old 14 August 2019, 20:47   #201
thairacerjp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro1234 View Post
Does your TF330 have the reset fix?

yes ! i have flashed myself, so i managed to boot in 68030 on winuae and on CD32 TF330 (Just "MuMove4k") , thanks cause i have read again the past post, just that on CD32, emulation hang after the mac os ssystem start when arrived on desktop it freeze.Hope
we could have an ISO (earok ?)

thanks to Amiga France forum i managed to get it working on my classic workbench (with winuae & on CD32 TF330) , the faulty was MuMove4k, so i changed to srvWarm who came with fusion emulator, after that shapeshifter & fusion working ! it rocks

Last edited by thairacerjp; 16 August 2019 at 21:47.
Old 18 August 2019, 08:35   #202
thairacerjp

just a little UP ! cause i'm stuck, i cannot find the way to transfert data from workbench to mac under shapeshifter, i have read the manual, looked on many forums, so, i have copy mac handled file in "L", double click on "mac" icon, after i have my volume mounted on the workbench but i cannot have in shapeshifter mac emulation desktop, so if someone could explain, i will be eternally gratefull

Here , there is something who could help, i will do a try :
Quote:
MacHandler creates Icon on desktop with the same name as MacOS HD name, so make sure MacOs hd name side is different then your partition, I'm not sure if that's possible.
You could created hardfile to transfer your files and mount it as your second drive.
In the MAC handler icon's INFO, change the ToolType to ACTIVATE=2 and STARTUP=2
1 is for first boot drive, 2 is for the second.
from this forum :
https://forum.amiga.org/index.php?PH...&topic=67416.0

Last edited by thairacerjp; 18 August 2019 at 08:43.
Old 18 August 2019, 09:09   #203
wairnair

You can switch from mac desktop to amiga desktop with Amiga+N. Then you can go back to mac desktop with the top right icon in workbench. (amiga+N doesn't work for me for going back to mac)
was that your question?

btw, how's Fusion performance-wise?

Last edited by wairnair; 18 August 2019 at 10:43.
Old 18 August 2019, 11:57   #204
thairacerjp

thanks for you tip, i work well and for go back to mac also , but my question is above, how could i managed to transfert data from WB to mac os under shapeshifter, anyway, i make a new volume on my CD32 and i will initialize with mac system, may be it's the solution ?
did you tried rebel assault ?
and for Fusion, i didn't made any test until i can used shapeshifter propely but it's common to know that is more slow and less options.
Old 18 August 2019, 12:07   #205
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Fusion is probably a bit faster but I don't think you can do any of those low resolution s like we've been doing and the Copyright and Author is on this forum and doesn't let any one use or distrabute it.

Last edited by Retro1234; 18 August 2019 at 12:15.
Old 18 August 2019, 12:17   #206
wairnair

Quote:
Originally Posted by thairacerjp View Post
how could i managed to transfert data from WB to mac os under shapeshifter
You can simply drag and drop files from any Amiga folder to the Mac folder that Machandler creates after you launch it.

(And as I think you know already, the "Mac" icon you launch machandler with has a tooltype to configure which drive of your Mac you want to use in Workbench)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thairacerjp View Post
did you tried rebel assault ?
working on it
Old 18 August 2019, 12:18   #207
wairnair

Quote:
Fusion is probably a bit faster but I don't think you can do any of those low resolution s like we've been doing and the Copyright and Author is on this forum and doesn't let any one use or distrabute it.
OK thanks for that info
Old 18 August 2019, 12:31   #208
drHirudo
Amiga user

Quote:
Originally Posted by wairnair View Post
Then you can go back to mac desktop with the top right icon in workbench. (amiga+N doesn't work for me for going back to mac)
was that your question?
Did you try amiga+M?
Old 18 August 2019, 12:35   #209
wairnair

Quote:
Originally Posted by drHirudo View Post
Did you try amiga+M?
well, not until now thanks, works great
Old 19 August 2019, 00:43   #210
wairnair

Some progress on Rebel Assault. I could unpack it with classic mac os Stuffit Expander only because Windows version didn't know what to do with it. It took hours to unpack the 380MB-ish image file
Anyway, I got it running, and thankfully Mac OS can auto-mount the image on startup so I can auto-start the game.

Now I should move the image to a smaller hvf that fits a CD. And I never thought this would give me so much trouble. What I try to do is copy the .img to Amiga, then copy it back to the smaller hvf. But it just gets corrupted along the way and it no longer mounts.
(btw the whole machandler thing is a real pita to work with)

Is there a tried and working way of
- shrinking/enlarging hvf's or (either shrink my current 1GB hvf or enlarge a mac os system hvf)
- networking with macos to windows or
- editing hvf's and perhaps extracting .sit's on Windows (possibly not with Stuffit)
- maybe attach a third drive to shapeshifter and just copy-paste

I even tried zipping on the mac side with "ZipIt" and "MacZip", both crashed.

edit: HVFExplorer did it. Trick was to format hvf using HVFExplorer instead ot ShapeShifter. Eh.

Last edited by wairnair; 19 August 2019 at 01:11.
Old 19 August 2019, 00:57   #211
DamienD
Banned

I don't know... maybe it's just me, but I'm only interested in adding games via Shapeshifter that are clearly better on the MAC as opposed to other platforms, so far:
  • Blackthorne.
  • Prince of Persia.
  • Prince of Persia 2.
"Wolfenstein 3D" and "Rebel Assault" are just the same as on a PC; so just play them on a PC
Old 19 August 2019, 01:20   #212
Retro1234
Phone Homer

I'd recommend basilisk ii for Windows you can add as many HFVs as you want it's also quite handy for setting things up
Old 19 August 2019, 01:31   #213
wairnair

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
I don't know... maybe it's just me, but I'm only interested in adding games via Shapeshifter that are clearly better on the MAC as opposed to other platforms, so far:
  • Blackthorne.
  • Prince of Persia.
  • Prince of Persia 2.
"Wolfenstein 3D" and "Rebel Assault" are just the same as on a PC; so just play them on a PC
I get your point. But it's also nice to see games on the Amiga that were PC/Mac only.
I think Wolf is a bit better on the Mac, it has good music (better than what I recall the sound blaster sounded like). The graphics look a bit refined/redrawn too.
I kinda agree with Rebel though
Old 19 August 2019, 10:23   #214
thairacerjp

Quote:
I get your point. But it's also nice to see games on the Amiga that were PC/Mac only.
I think Wolf is a bit better on the Mac, it has good music (better than what I recall the sound blaster sounded like). The graphics look a bit refined/redrawn too.
I kinda agree with Rebel though
I Agree Also ! cause the one of the main reason i bought my CD32 in 1993 was that i saw on french magazine about the port of rebel assault on these console, so it would be a dream to see this game running finally , the CD32 missed so much games FMV like Wingnuts, Megarace, 7th Guest, novastorm,cyclemania, Road Avenger (thanks EAROK ), loadstar, so keep the good work !
meantime, i still stuck to get it working , may be my version of shapeshifter, i could made a new img file system and put games on my mac ? i search every solutions
Old 19 August 2019, 11:06   #215
wairnair

Quote:
I'd recommend basilisk ii for Windows you can add as many HFVs as you want it's also quite handy for setting things up
Got Basilisk II running. Next issue: can't auto-start the game, can't believe how hard these simple things can get.

Problem is mac os starts everything that is in Startup Items in alphabetical order BUT does not wait for the first command to end.
Step 1: mount image
Step 2: start game

Game doesn't find the CD as it's not mounted yet.
I actually got AppleScript 1.1 running (which I could not using ShapeShifter..), and I can do both steps with it. Problem is, and this really is nuts: apparently there's no "delay" command in this old version of AppleScript. So it eventually does the same thing as Startup Items: start mounting the image, start the game, crash.
Old 19 August 2019, 17:27   #216
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Is it possible to do something like

If Exist CD-Rom:/game.exe
run Game.exe and end script
Else
Restart this script

or

if Exist Device CD-Rom:

etc
? Probably no help

but Brilliant getting AppleScript working

is this any help https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...in-applescript

Last edited by Retro1234; 19 August 2019 at 17:39.
Old 19 August 2019, 17:34   #217
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
I actually got AppleScript 1.1 running (which I could not using ShapeShifter..), and I can do both steps with it. Problem is, and this really is nuts: apparently there's no "delay" command in this old version of AppleScript. So it eventually does the same thing as Startup Items: start mounting the image, start the game, crash.
What version of AppleScript is available in the OS you're using?

This old 2005 thread talks about "pause" and "delay": https://discussions.apple.com/thread/140038
Old 19 August 2019, 17:46   #218
wairnair

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
What version of AppleScript is available in the OS you're using?

This old 2005 thread talks about "pause" and "delay": https://discussions.apple.com/thread/140038
AppleScript v1.1 for System 7.x, and a slightly updated version for MacOS 8.
Unfortunately neither understands "pause" or "delay". I could not find any documentation specific to these dinosaurs.

Retro1234 could have a point though because it can do loops, and can automate Finder which in turn should be able to tell if a path/file exists. But you know, delay would've been just so obvious and easy.
Old 19 August 2019, 20:13   #219
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
But you know, delay would've been just so obvious and easy.
Yup, just like the Amiga "wait" command or MS-DOS "choice" (see below), "sleep" or "timeout" commands

Code:
CHOICE /T 5 /D y > NUL
https://www.robvanderwoude.com/wait.php

Last edited by DamienD; 19 August 2019 at 20:30.
Old 19 August 2019, 21:49   #220
thairacerjp

after so many issues for transfert data from WB to shapeshifter i found a solution by installing ballistic on my mac and it was so easy to transfert via unix folder, i really don't know what happends on workbench but i have the skill now , i put a vidéo de Alone in the Dark running on shapeshifter for show the difference between WINUAE & CLASSIC WORKBENCH ON CD32 TF330, not bad on low resolution, just have to wait the next CARD
i have a problem with rebel assault, when i mount image, virtual disc said that i no have enough ressource on winuae, i will tet on real hardware for see.
[ Show youtube player ]

NEW VIDEO MADE WITH USB CAPTURE AND BETTER SOUND WITH TECHNICOLORS

[ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by thairacerjp; 27 August 2019 at 23:21.