Indi core for Christmas.

yes please

making a jens statue right now..
Old 20 December 2012, 08:31   #1802
Granada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit View Post
maybe for christmas
2025? Sorry for being that cynical, but waiting for this so-called config tool is nothing less than embarrassing. I am afraid the programmer turns on his Amiga not more often than I do. ;-)

Old 29 December 2012, 03:56   #1803
vagrant

Hi Jens, I understand that we are all amidst the holiday season and most likely starved for time but would it be possible to get a status update on this please? (even if there has been no progress..)
Thanks
Old 29 December 2012, 14:29   #1804
Calabazam

Is there any return and refund policy at Individual Computers?
I deeply regret to have spent 150 EUR for this unfinished product.
As i have never read that the software is ready, i never bothered to install it and i would prefer a MKI instead.
Old 29 December 2012, 15:08   #1805
Mr B

Jens has stated that anyone who wish to return a indivision KMII due to the lacking software is supposed to be able to. You'd probably lose the shipping both ways, but it's your call. Contact who ever sold the MKII to ya.
Old 29 December 2012, 17:00   #1806
chocolate_boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calabazam View Post
Is there any return and refund policy at Individual Computers?
I deeply regret to have spent 150 EUR for this unfinished product.
As i have never read that the software is ready, i never bothered to install it and i would prefer a MKI instead.
Agreed, mine is back in the box now. I tried it when I first got it but the screen was all left justified and wasted half my monitor.

Been sitting in the box since July now, I am thinking of selling it on now/returning it too, had no idea we'd be waiting another year or so to use the thing :/

Jens we REALLY need some update here please?
Old 29 December 2012, 18:21   #1807
Mrs Beanbag
Glastonbridge Software

How do these flicker fixers actually work? They piggy back over the Amiga's own graphics chip, I can see, but if your graphics chip was faulty would it still work? In which case could it completely replace the graphics chip on the motherboard?
Old 29 December 2012, 19:04   #1808
roy bates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Beanbag View Post
How do these flicker fixers actually work? They piggy back over the Amiga's own graphics chip, I can see, but if your graphics chip was faulty would it still work? In which case could it completely replace the graphics chip on the motherboard?

no it wouldent work if the chip was faulty its an upscaler so it would need the signals that are generated from that to work.
Old 29 December 2012, 19:24   #1809
jimbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy bates View Post
no it wouldent work if the chip was faulty its an upscaler so it would need the signals that are generated from that to work.
I'm not sure about that, I think it might work. I think the indis work using FPGA recreations of Lisa/Denise and snoop on the inputs to these chips to recreate the display rather than capturing the outputs and SD/FFing them. Otherwise the special modes would not be possible because the original display generators do not support them. What do you get on the RGB port when using a HiGFX screen mode? Black screen I think?

Has anyone tried eg, an A500 with indi ECS and no denise. You will get no RGB output but does the indi still produce a complete display with proper mouse movement? Assuming indiAGA is the same idea then maybe this would work. ie. original built in display outputs are faulty but indi output is good.
Old 29 December 2012, 20:30   #1810
demolition
Unregistered User

Seeing as you can stack 2x Indivision ECS and (theoretically) get multi-display support it only seems to me that it does replace the onboard graphics chips. But then again the ECS version doesn't stack on the graphics chip in an A600. Don't know if the AGA version could theoretically support multiple displays if they were stackable.
Old 30 December 2012, 02:59   #1811
NovaCoder

ECS and AGA models are different, the ECS model replaces the original graphics chip, the AGA one just plays with its outputs.

I'd also love to hear what has happened to the long awaited Config tool, things were looking more promising for awhile but now it's all gone quiet again.
Old 30 December 2012, 17:30   #1812
Yarc

I wasn't going to post again on the delay of the config tool, but the lack of any feedback on progress is not good. The AGA MkII seems to be a good design, but that is all I can say at the moment. I don't want to send it back for a refund, I want to use it. As this is the only source of new kit for an ageing machine what choices do we have? Return it or lump it I guess. I hope the tool is ready soon.

After this experience I would not order any kit without completed software, I will wait for everything to be complete before purchase.
Old 30 December 2012, 18:11   #1813
Calabazam

Why not just put in it a core similar to the MK1? I can easely live with it.
Old 31 December 2012, 01:54   #1814
utri007
mä vaan

Why?

I just don't understand why anyone would want to have scandoubler/flickerfixer for A1200/A4000/CD32???

Just buy one of these http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/...roducts_id=226 and LCD-TV to get nice flicker free hires picture.

Scandoubler is just one more component to have problems. ECS is diffrent thing, it replaces graphic chip, gives a RTG modes etc., but for AGA everything just simplier and more reliable with LCD-TV.
Old 31 December 2012, 02:44   #1815
chocolate_boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by utri007 View Post
I just don't understand why anyone would want to have scandoubler/flickerfixer for A1200/A4000/CD32???

Just buy one of these http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/...roducts_id=226 and LCD-TV to get nice flicker free hires picture.

Scandoubler is just one more component to have problems. ECS is diffrent thing, it replaces graphic chip, gives a RTG modes etc., but for AGA everything just simplier and more reliable with LCD-TV.
Fine if all you want to use is the PAL screenmodes, the Indivision is nice if you want a nice hi-res Workbench in the esoteric screenmodes, including 1280x720, something a TV will not display via scart.
Old 31 December 2012, 02:52   #1816
Mr B

Quote:
Feel free to tell me how to use that cable, to get flickerfree highres Amiga output on my LG 42LX650n. Heck. Any sort of stable, lowres output would be enough.
Old 31 December 2012, 09:53   #1817
roy bates

Quote:

not all tvs can display through scart and accept the signal that an amiga outputs.(all mine can,but thats not the point)

besides peaple may want to use a s/vga screen or higher than normal screenmode,for example.

@jens.

if you have any news, even if there has been no progress with the config tool please say something to tell peaple you are still working on it.

i know patience is a vertue,but this has been a long time comming.just simply talking to peaple will ease there minds.

Last edited by roy bates; 31 December 2012 at 10:03.
Old 31 December 2012, 10:05   #1818
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Also many (all?) non-CRT TVs don't understand PAL/NTSC "progressive" modes and show every other frame twice if Amiga mode is not interlaced = 50Hz smooth scrolling becomes not-so-smooth 25Hz.
Old 31 December 2012, 15:12   #1819
lordofchaos
TinkerTailorContentMaker

I'm wondering what the likelihood of seeing a device that enables you to hook an Amiga to a modern LCD TV via HDMI. Most LCDs in europe support 50Hz through HDMI and most Amiga software is designed to run at 50hz...Smooth scrolling + Non mangled picture could = Epic!
Old 31 December 2012, 15:28   #1820
Mr B

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofchaos View Post
I'm wondering what the likelihood of seeing a device that enables you to hook an Amiga to a modern LCD TV via HDMI.
Look no more, thats what this thing does... You, like the rest of us, need to wait for the software tho.