English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 05 October 2010, 01:52   #1
hoptoit

Wanted - A500 internal floppy drive, live in USA

Looking to see if anyone in USA has an internal A500 floppy drive to offer? Would save me heavy freight charges from EU.

My A500 internal floppy is giving out too many errors and I already gave it a good cleaning but to no avail. Time to replace it.

I don't care whether I get an exact OEM replacement or not, but ideally I don't want to have to do any modding to fit it into my A500 case.

Also, if anyone wants my original Chinon FB-354 for parts or refurb then let me know. It is still functioning so-so but often will not read certain disks that are easily read in another drive. It is free to whomever minus freight charges to your location.
Old 05 October 2010, 15:52   #2
source
Zone Friend

Something to consider is drive alignment. I have not done it myself, but I think you losten the screws on the step motor and rotate ever so slightly. I remember reading about it a year or so back. I just can't remember where. As for picking up one did you try software hut or another would be amigalounge
Old 05 October 2010, 20:32   #3
hoptoit

Quote:
Originally Posted by source View Post
Something to consider is drive alignment. I have not done it myself, but I think you losten the screws on the step motor and rotate ever so slightly. I remember reading about it a year or so back. I just can't remember where. As for picking up one did you try software hut or another would be amigalounge
My old drive is now reserved for mech once I find a replacement. I'm not skilled enough to do drive alignment properly so that's out. I tried to call software hut but they don't appear to exist any more. Amiga lounge doesn't have any internal floppies listed either.

I remembered Centsible Software too, gave them a call and they are having a look around.