English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 14 December 2017, 20:35   #201
AMIGASYSTEM

@ Sinphaltimus
I had already mentioned the problem on file config and I do not think it was a file protected by writing, i have solved "eliminating the text" and then pasting the text again, or by creating a new file.

@ Dunny
From how much time do not use IcarOS?
Old 14 December 2017, 23:25   #202
Dunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
@ Sinphaltimus
I had already mentioned the problem on file config and I do not think it was a file protected by writing, i have solved "eliminating the text" and then pasting the text again, or by creating a new file.

@ Dunny
From how much time do not use IcarOS?
About 3 months ago. I have four laptops that I'd like to get the Amiga experience on. Amithlon is a no-go for all of them (they have too much RAM and no way to disable it) and AROS (IcarOS flavour) cannot use the correct screen resolution on any of them (1024x768 only, and they're all widescreen) and no 2D hardware acceleration either which means that even something as simple as dragging a window means you can watch it drawing the pixels as it updates.

IcarOS on a core i5 with 8GB of RAM takes about 6 minutes to boot, whereas Win10 takes about 2 minutes, and Amilator takes 35 seconds.

So I've moved over to Amilator, which is actually better than IcarOS.

And that means that I don't have to bother with AROS ever again - I have an actual Amiga (to all intents and purposes) now that's really, really fast.
Old 14 December 2017, 23:48   #203
AMIGASYSTEM

Also I have found my Amiga 4000/060 con AFA_OS ma AROS, if you have a PC with compatible hardware AROS it's very fast the system loads in a few seconds, OWB it's fast, you can watch Youtube videos directly, play with 3D games. I created my own configuration starting from the nightly builds, this:

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 04 January 2018, 12:46   #204
tmello

Hello,
How can i change the Amilator to 50Hz for smooth scrolling. Xorg.conf?

Old 04 January 2018, 15:29   #205
nobody

Open source drivers don't support screen mode tweaking, at least there is very little chance to work. You would need a proprietary driver from manufacturer and tweaking inside OS driver options environment for your specific monitor (naming, maximum resolution and refresh rate).

Old 01 April 2018, 14:02   #206
nobody

For smooth scrolling on a 60hz monitor add these lines to configuration

ntsc_mode=1
vsync=1

Unfortunately I found out that it will remove some lines vertically so some games using all screen will not be visible. Also some whdload games don't start.
Old 01 April 2018, 15:29   #207
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Of course not all PAL games are NTSC compatible out of the box. And it cuts the bottom of the image when you force specific PAL games into the lower NTSC resolution.
Old 01 April 2018, 20:44   #208
nobody

Yeah but whatever runs its amazing fun to play. I got hooked to stormlord a game I wouldn't touch if it had jerky scrolling besides being ultra hard.
Old 10 April 2018, 20:28   #209
amigo-mexicano
Amiga's Power!

I have a problem. Once the emulation starts, I don't have keyboard and mouse input. They completely die after the AMIGA intro screen. There it works to select memtest, but after that, completely dead, so I can't do nothing.

I've tried different USB sticks, and different kick.rom files, same result. Once the amiga screen shows up, there is no keyboard and mouse input.

What can I do??

Thanks

*EDIT* I was using 4.15 version, author uploaded a new version here, works OK: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...4&postcount=12

Last edited by amigo-mexicano; 11 April 2018 at 19:35. Reason: Added link
Old 31 January 2019, 14:16   #210
Anubis
Retro Gamer

nobody,

How hard would be to add another option in boot menu for different configuration settings?

I would like to have system boot to menu where you can select something like:

+ Amiga 500 (+512KB)
+ Amiga 500+
+ Amiga 1200
+ Amiga 1200 - ClassicWB FUll
+ Amiga 1200 - ClassicWB P96
+ Amiga 1200 - WB 3.9
Old 31 January 2019, 15:01   #211
Dunny

Not hard. The bootloader's config file is readily available.

I have mine set up so that the entire system is visible from the Amiga's OS, so I can edit FS-UAE's config in CygnusEd and then reboot for instant config changes. What we really really need is a way to mount floppies from the CLI that are stored in one of the virtual HDD folders, rather than using FS-UAE's rather daft "you can only have 20 floppies from this list" method.

But FS-UAE doesn't support ejecting disk images via the UAE-* command line tools, which we would need.
Old 31 January 2019, 16:31   #212
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunny View Post

I have mine set up so that the entire system is visible from the Amiga's OS, so I can edit FS-UAE's config in CygnusEd and then reboot for instant config changes. What we really really need is a way to mount floppies from the CLI that are stored in one of the virtual HDD folders, rather than using FS-UAE's rather daft "you can only have 20 floppies from this list" method.

But FS-UAE doesn't support ejecting disk images via the UAE-* command line tools, which we would need.
Can you please explain how is being done?

Thank you!

EDIT: Dunny - check other Amilator topic. I got issue mounting my WIn95 FAT32 (LIB) partition.

EDIT 2: Never mind... stupid computer does not have SSD, but rather SD card for internal HD?! I've booted Ubuntu, reformated it, set it active, installed boot and everything works great! Thank you!

Last edited by Anubis; 02 February 2019 at 04:44.
Old 01 February 2019, 16:29   #213
peo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunny View Post

Also interested to know how to select the FS-UAE configuration from the syslinux boot menu, AFAIK the boot menu is only able to select what kernel to use, and some other pre-boot settings..

Is there any proper way of shutting down FS-UAE and restarting it with the scripts in /amilator ? When I exit using the "X", it just reloads.. (ignores the AFTER_UAE_STOP="spawn_shell" in config/host-props)
Old 13 October 2021, 07:15   #214
germandroide

I am fascinated by Amilator which I have read and understood that it is really FSUAE standalone. I would like to know how I can update its kernel and FSUAE version or if there is a support group that updates it.

I see that it can't load more than one distribution from boot and I've thought about installing Amilator on the HD, to have multiboot with Linux and Retrobat. When I hit Amilator I would like to be able to select OS4, OS3.2 or AmikitXE.

I understand that I have to make a CP copy of my AmigaOS.Fs-uae that overwrites the configuration that Amilator will run and then I can select which Distro to load.

Thinking about the possibility of launching Amilator this way, I see that the performance is maximum especially for low profile equipment. However I see that Amiberry is a better option (within Raspberry) and I wonder if it is possible to get a full FSUAE for x86, that is to say that FSUAE loads like Amiberry does instead of loading in this way that it does in Amilator.
Old 19 October 2021, 11:20   #215
razstore

Zarnal on Amiga France managed to get me to start AmigaSYS4, TinyLauncher "Gibs" and Xbench "Neray" and I thank him

Amiga Boot Selector 2 "Gibs" works very well with Amilator

The only problem is that the joysticks are recognized but do not work

https://www.amigafrance.com/forums/s..._search=xbench

https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=21/42/hc1v.png
https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=21/42/yh12.png
https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=21/42/dgm6.png
https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=21/42/25ph.png