English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Games images which need to be WHDified

Old 27 November 2008, 12:16   #1
lolafg

Kick off 2 Final whistle competition version

Hello , this game would be a + to be ok with whdload , it is the 2.1 competition version made by John Wilson , there is a thread in Kick Off Gathering .com.I can put it in the zone if you want !!Thanks !!
Old 26 February 2009, 11:35   #2
lolafg

Hello , is this one too difficult to be done ?
Old 26 February 2009, 20:26   #3
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Maybe Galahad lost his old Kick Off 2 Beta slave due to his HD crash. I assume this patch is a big whopper. There are gazillions of Kick Off 2 versions + Add-on disks to support.
Old 27 February 2009, 12:32   #4
lolafg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
Maybe Galahad lost his old Kick Off 2 Beta slave due to his HD crash. I assume this patch is a big whopper. There are gazillions of Kick Off 2 versions + Add-on disks to support.

Yes , and there are gazillions of Kick off 2 players !!
Perhaps someone else could try to make a good slave for this game wich made buy a lot of amigas...
A lot of games doesn't need a whdload slave but this one is a "must be done " !!
Old 27 February 2009, 15:13   #5
NewDeli
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to NewDeli
The story of Kick Off 2 WHDload is old and complicated. Some people (aka KO 2 purists) were not happy with the way the patch development was handled and made some unique modifications to the ADFs (the floppy images).

You may find more information here, and download the ADF on which real life Kick Off official competitions are based.

With the profusion of "homebrew" versions, it's very unlikely that someone from the WHDload team picks up a KO 2 image to patch again, I presume.

AFAIK, someone is rewriting the old slave from Goal! (Virgin), a similar game in some ways.
Old 27 February 2009, 15:24   #6
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleauvive View Post
AFAIK, someone is rewriting the old slave from Goal! (Virgin), a similar game in some ways.
Someone would be me. Unfortunately I still didn't manage to find the problem with loading/saving replays (trying to follow disassembled C Code is truly a PITA!) so it will still take a while until the new Goal! slave is finished.
Old 28 February 2009, 09:21   #7
lolafg

Quote:
The story of Kick Off 2 WHDload is old and complicated. Some people (aka KO 2 purists) were not happy with the way the patch development was handled and made some unique modifications to the ADFs (the floppy images).

You may find more information here, and download the ADF on which real life Kick Off official competitions are based.

With the profusion of "homebrew" versions, it's very unlikely that someone from the WHDload team picks up a KO 2 image to patch again, I presume.

Hello ,
I know that there are a lot of KO2 versions and the CV versions are really good , but much of us won't do the world cup...
What i mean is that we should have a good slave to play with whdload , i think that the 1mb version with the bycicle kick would be the best...
Old 28 February 2009, 11:59   #8
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolafg View Post
Hello ,
I know that there are a lot of KO2 versions and the CV versions are really good , but much of us won't do the world cup...
What i mean is that we should have a good slave to play with whdload , i think that the 1mb version with the bycicle kick would be the best...
I've started work on a slave for the Final Whistle CV version. No promises when or if I'll finish it though.
Old 28 February 2009, 12:33   #9
lolafg

@StingRay ,

good new , and even if you can't finish it , i'm very happy for your interest in it !!

Thanks!!
Old 28 February 2009, 12:57   #10
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Amazingly enough I already have a working alpha version of the slave. I need to do some more testing and then I'll release the alpha version for you to test. That might already happen tomorrow. =)
Old 28 February 2009, 14:27   #11
lolafg

@StingRay : just one word INCREDIBLE !!!

THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!
Old 01 March 2009, 12:04   #12
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

As promised here's the alpha version of the Final Whistle CV version slave. It works fine on my A4k but I didn't test it that much. If there should be any problems, let me know! Interesting/useless note: Whoever cracked this version of Final Whistle didn't do a 100% version as some checksum checks were not removed! Fixed in the WHDLoad patch of course! =)
Attached Files
File Type: lha FinalWhistleCV_WHD.lha (775 Bytes, 309 views)
File Type: txt FinalWhistleCV_WHD.s.txt (6.6 KB, 316 views)
Old 01 March 2009, 18:15   #13
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
You seriously talk out your derriere don't you?

People making changes to the ADF files happened long before my patch of Kick Off 2.

And for the record, I released it as a BETA version, and have had virtually ZERO correspondance from anyone reference it, so why the hell should I put a lot of effort into something that people clearly don't appear to care about?

undertaking to individually support every variant of Kick Off 2 is no small thing, and I refuse to put all that work in for something that doesn't appear to be appreciated.

But don't let the facts get in the way of your fairy tale, eh?
Old 01 March 2009, 18:18   #14
frikilokooo

@StingRay

Nice job!,btw I have the Goal! slave with save feature for all! thanks to lolafg ofcourse just with one problem: only two replays (goals) can be saved.I can upload it if somebody is interested
Old 01 March 2009, 18:27   #15
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by frikilokooo View Post
@StingRay

Nice job!,btw I have the Goal! slave with save feature for all! thanks to lolafg ofcourse just with one problem: only two replays (goals) can be saved.I can upload it if somebody is interested
If that's the old Mr.Larmer slave then no need to upload it. Also, saving works in my version too but loading the directory of the replay disk doesn't thus you can't load any replays. I hope I'll manage to fix these annoying bugs one day.
Old 01 March 2009, 19:18   #16
stainy
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to stainy Send a message via MSN to stainy
Quote:
This is absolute rubbish!

Old 01 March 2009, 19:37   #17
lolafg

@ StingRay,

well thank you very much , but i'm very noob and had a very difficult day (drink a lot ), so how can i use your atached files ?

Thanks
Old 01 March 2009, 19:47   #18
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
@ StingRay,

well thank you very much , but i'm very noob and had a very difficult day (drink a lot ), so how can i use your atached files ?

Thanks
You need to depack "FinalWhistleCV_WHD.lha" into a directory of your choice and copy the Final Whistle diskimage into that very directory, the image must be named "disk.1". Then you can just type "WHDLoad FinalWhistle_CV.slave" in a shell and that's all you have to do. I didn't bother to create any icons for the game yet (if there's something I truly hate it's creating icons for installs!) so for you now you can only use the install from shell (or copy an icon from another install ). Hope that helps, if not I'll upload a pre-installed version for you.
Old 01 March 2009, 20:07   #19
lolafg

@StingRay ,

thanks , will try now with your explanation but would be better for me to have a pre-installed version...thanks in advance !!
I'm so happy to play this game with whdload and no more floppies !!!
A gazillion of thanks to you for that !!
Old 01 March 2009, 20:11   #20
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
@StingRay ,

thanks , will try now with your explanation but would be better for me to have a pre-installed version...thanks in advance !!
I'm so happy to play this game with whdload and no more floppies !!!
A gazillion of thanks to you for that !!

No problem, as I was quite a Kick Off 2 fanatic myself back in the day (well, it was like: Kick Off 2 -> Sensible Soccer -> Goal! for me :P) creating the install was fun. I'll upload a pre-installed version for you in some minutes.

Edit: Pre-installed version attached, it even has an icon now, I stole the icon from Galahad's Kick Off 2 Beta slave. I didn't test this pre-installed version at all so shout if it doesn't work!

Last edited by StingRay; 25 May 2010 at 11:01.