English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.KGLoad

Old 18 January 2013, 22:15   #81
paul1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Ajum, cof, cof... sorry I've got a cold...
Now now...that cough could be misinterpreted!

Old 19 April 2013, 10:24   #82
Hitek

Hey yall,
I'm trying to get KGLoad set up on my A1200, but I can't get it to scan more than one directory.
My WHDLoad is in DH1:Games and is broken up into 1,A-Z folders (so DH1:Games/1, DH1:Games/A, DH1:Games/B etc)
I saw the post early on stating there is no subdir scanning, so I have to specify each folder in profile.ini but that isn't working.
I can set GameDir=DH1:Games/1 and that works fine, it scans the games in that dir and they are playable, but as soon as I try to add on a comma and another directory and rescan, it goes through the motions, the hard drive works for about a minute, but when it finishes, there are no games at all.

What do I need to do to get this to scan all my games?

For reference, I have an A1200, OS 3.1 with an Indy AGA MK2 and an ACA 1232. I have an 80GB HD that is split into 2 partitions, DH0: is 4GB and DH1: is about 75GB.

EDIT: Also for reference, I have an error.log, but it only contains a complaint about missing iff.library that I already remedied.
Thanks,
Keith

Last edited by Hitek; 19 April 2013 at 10:27. Reason: added info about error.log

Old 19 April 2013, 10:40   #83
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

You need to create a new line for each dir. So it would look like:
Code:
GameDir=DH1:Games/1
GameDir=DH1:Games/A
GameDir=DH1:Games/B
GameDir=DH1:Games/C
Hope that helps.
Old 20 April 2013, 00:56   #84
Hitek

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
You need to create a new line for each dir. So it would look like:
Code:
GameDir=DH1:Games/1
GameDir=DH1:Games/A
GameDir=DH1:Games/B
GameDir=DH1:Games/C
Hope that helps.
Of course, the one thing I didn't try. I tried commas, semicolons, spaces and none of it worked. I'll give it a try when I get home from work, thanks.

Keith

Old 29 June 2013, 10:20   #85
amigappc

Is KGLOAD out of beta? Is it still in development?
Old 02 August 2013, 01:58   #86
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigappc View Post
Is KGLOAD out of beta? Is it still in development?
Old 02 August 2013, 09:18   #87
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Scheduled for release two weeks before the Natami
Old 21 August 2013, 16:59   #88
pbareges

thank you KG MASTER!! your loader is the only one that works fine with HD-DIR mount on UAE4ALL2 Android version. Since this version restricts hdf file size to 1gb, HD-DIR is my only option given the size of your packs (about 3.5gb after some filtering of my own)...Tiny Launcher and X-bench fail on HD-DIR, they require hdf mount.

the install was straight forward and the usage painless (scanned all the games within minutes)..

now I can enjoy the AMIGA games whole library on my NVIDIA SHIELD with the greatest launcher of all!!

thanks again sir...

cheers!
Old 04 November 2013, 00:12   #89
danko

Hi,i can not run KGLoad you can have a file compiled PROFILE.INI
Old 17 December 2013, 17:39   #90
1time
Amiga Lover

Any news on the next release?

Love this tool!
Old 05 February 2016, 00:14   #91
turrican9

So I downloaded KGLoad and really like it. Has anyone worked more on completing the screenshots/boxarts for the games archive?
Old 06 February 2016, 04:21   #92
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

TCD was working on that, maybe he can tell, but it only has been 3 years.
Old 06 February 2016, 13:50   #93
turrican9

Quote:
TCD was working on that, maybe he can tell, but it only has been 3 years.
Thanks for the answer. I tried to PM him. No answer yet. I think it's a shame if this never get's finished. KGLoad looks awesome. It supports several screenshots for each game and cover art at the same time. It looks like it will even support music clips for games.
Old 09 February 2016, 04:47   #94
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

For what I know, screenshots and boxarts can be made in a batch process in seconds having the image files.
Old 09 February 2016, 16:44   #95
turrican9

Quote:
For what I know, screenshots and boxarts can be made in a batch process in seconds having the image files.
Is this something you could do or know someone that could do it? Would be very cool to have the box art for every game too, since KGLoad supports both Screenshot and boxart at the same time. It even looks as if it will support music clips too. If we at least had screenshots and box art for all games this loader will be so nice. btw, TCD has not been logged on since 5th of february, so no answer from him/her yet.
Old 10 February 2016, 00:13   #96
Amigajay

I have this on my nvidia shield and did ask ages ago about boxart, the trouble is you just cant make it and put it in the folders with the same name, its all been coded in a way that u need an enigma machine to find out what name you need for that particular game iff!
Old 10 February 2016, 00:54   #97
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

About the batch process it is easy but you can't use a custom palette. It can be made in a batch process using a custom palette with ImageStudio in the Amiga I believe to remember.

But it seems the program itself uses different palettes for each game as KG said if I'm not wrong, so a generic 256 colors palette should be right, and that can be done in batch process with UPaint (dithered or not), having the result in png, iff or whatever, overwritting even if you wish the names of the existing files.

Well, in theory it could also be possible to use UPaint in a batch process changing the 256 colors palette it uses and that it has stored in the program files, but I haven't tried that.

This is all just guessing what they need.

Last edited by Retrofan; 10 February 2016 at 01:52.
Old 10 February 2016, 16:19   #98
turrican9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
I have this on my nvidia shield and did ask ages ago about boxart, the trouble is you just cant make it and put it in the folders with the same name, its all been coded in a way that u need an enigma machine to find out what name you need for that particular game iff!
Yes, I noticed that each game has a code and that the images need the same code. I even tested this by copying a IFF from the iGames archive and renamed it to the respective code, and it worked. Picture was wrong size but it turned up in KGLoad when I clicked the particular game. I found the codes for each game in one of the KGLoad config files.

Quote:
About the batch process it is easy but you can't use a custom palette. It can be made in a batch process using a custom palette with ImageStudio in the Amiga I believe to remember.

But it seems the program itself uses different palettes for each game as KG said if I'm not wrong, so a generic 256 colors palette should be right, and that can be done in batch process with UPaint (dithered or not), having the result in png, iff or whatever, overwritting even if you wish the names of the existing files.

Well, in theory it could also be possible to use UPaint in a batch process changing the 256 colors palette it uses and that it has stored in the program files, but I haven't tried that.

This is all just guessing what they need.
Is this something you could do or know anyone that would want to do it?
Old 10 February 2016, 18:17   #99
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican9 View Post
Yes, I noticed that each game has a code and that the images need the same code. I even tested this by copying a IFF from the iGames archive and renamed it to the respective code, and it worked. Picture was wrong size but it turned up in KGLoad when I clicked the particular game. I found the codes for each game in one of the KGLoad config files.it?
Lol well not quite needing an enigma machine then, good find!
Old 11 February 2016, 00:08   #100
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican9 View Post
Is this something you could do or know anyone that would want to do it?
If you send me the images I can convert them to 256 colors and to whatever format in seconds with UPaint if that's what you/it need/s.

Getting the right size is another thing, but I could resize them one by one. It should be a multiple of the right size because if not it should be cutted and if you need hundreds then that's a problem.