closest thing I have to that is a 20GB I'm afraid
Would you like to part with it?

Dave G
Old 27 February 2008, 16:56   #4
pbareges

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU_AMiGA View Post
anyone have one of these?!
just buy a 4gb sandisk cf and plug it through cf2ide adapter...(it's likely to be cheaper and more reliable than finding a real 4gb ide hd)
Old 27 February 2008, 17:28   #5
jmmijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbareges View Post
just buy a 4gb sandisk cf and plug it through cf2ide adapter...(it's likely to be cheaper and more reliable than finding a real 4gb ide hd)
and it should run much quieter and cooler too
Old 27 February 2008, 22:26   #6
twizzle

Quote:
anyone have one of these?!
3.25 is the closest i have ?

i`ll swap it for the 2.1 you have in there

i am going down to torquay this friday evening, so if you want it i can meet you in the services at 7pm.

Last edited by twizzle; 27 February 2008 at 22:32.
Old 27 February 2008, 23:11   #7
CU_AMiGA
Banned

Quote:
i was gonna go that route but heard some reliability problems with cf (not cloding certain files, etc)
Old 28 February 2008, 16:30   #8
pbareges

Quote:
i was gonna go that route but heard some reliability problems with cf (not cloding certain files, etc)
has it been debated somewhere on eab? i'm not english native so i'm not sure of what you mean by cloding...so far i've been using sandisk 4gb without any problem..going through eab forums you will find what are the interface/cf cards working...the things i would suggest you to focus on to improve compatibility : sandisk are very good (avoid clones, i had one it was a total mess: r/w errors all over the place), the lower cf buffer the better (ideally you want the 128kbytes buffer - that's what i found with old sandisk 4gb cf), you have to set your hdtoolbox maxtransfer field to this size (1fe00) for all partitions created.

PS : also i had some issues with jst old installs not working ...i think this is because jst relies on workbench loading routines bugged (worked with regular hd but not cf??)...the way i solved it is by adding systempatch tool in my startup-sequence (a fix for a lot of os 3.0/3.1 known bugs)
Old 28 February 2008, 23:10   #9
CU_AMiGA
Banned

Quote:
has it been debated somewhere on eab? i'm not english native so i'm not sure of what you mean by cloding...so far i've been using sandisk 4gb without any problem..going through eab forums you will find what are the interface/cf cards working...the things i would suggest you to focus on to improve compatibility : sandisk are very good (avoid clones, i had one it was a total mess: r/w errors all over the place), the lower cf buffer the better (ideally you want the 128kbytes buffer - that's what i found with old sandisk 4gb cf), you have to set your hdtoolbox maxtransfer field to this size (1fe00) for all partitions created.

PS : also i had some issues with jst old installs not working ...i think this is because jst relies on workbench loading routines bugged (worked with regular hd but not cf??)...the way i solved it is by adding systempatch tool in my startup-sequence (a fix for a lot of os 3.0/3.1 known bugs)
lol i meant copying not cloding!! (where did i get that from). ok do you get any trouble loading/running certain files with your cf at all?
Old 02 March 2008, 19:17   #10
pbareges

not any!

as i said you have to find one with low buffer (128kbytes=1fe00) and set it as the maxtransfer partition setting in hdtoolbox...this should work like a charm...some buggy os functions may affect jst old installs but you can solve it by installing systempatch on your system.