Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 04 April 2009, 01:20   #21
blade002
Zone Friend

To reiterate - what asm1 said
Old 04 April 2009, 05:53   #22
Slayer
Amiga Member

The wake up remark was directed at suitable moderation.

As for comfortable with your classics, I've just been unpacking another auction I won recently that included another 12 Amiga Systems, 1 more draco vision and 1 A3000D that I don't have one of... So now I'm sitting on 67 Amiga Hardware systems...

I can see I'm wasting my time here so I won't be making any more noise, if you don't support the new Amiga line then don't... but don't expect me to welcome you a few years down the road because you think it is finally up to spec for your tastes or cheap enough...

I have never left the Amiga so how do you expect me to view everyone else? LOL I'm self righteous because that is where I am... given different variables you'd probably view something in a similair light...

and my comments are right you just aren't thinking properly... when I say something it refers to the ultimate outcome, not the immediate significance.

eg when I say you are anti Amiga I do not mean you do not like your Amiga 1.x to 3.x experience but I mean you're simply ignoring the newer hardware because you choose to based on your ideals or perception... in effect, Anti or negative...

I'm sure alot of you people waste money every week but you accept it because it is part of your choosen lifestyle... make room for a new Amiga why shouldn't it make a suitable grade? The OS is far better than anything out there... you really are a whacked bunch... heh
Old 04 April 2009, 06:51   #23
DC33
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer View Post
you really are a whacked bunch... heh
I was giving you the benefit of the doubt, but your finger pointing at everyone here at EAB is just not acceptable.

You are entitled to your thoughts just as much as everyone else is, but please don't carry on like you have been - there is no need for it. If you are looking for a pat on the back, fine; but with the attitude you have shown, I don't think anyone will be stepping forward........

@blade002 and @asm1 - well said boys. I couldn't agree more.
Old 04 April 2009, 07:04   #24
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

You have 67 amiga systems all sitting there not getting used. You refuse to sell them to people who would actually use and enjoy them, Yet you have the nerve to preach to us about community.

An OS is only as good as the software available for it. In 2009 mobile telephones have better web browsers than OS4.1. I work as a draftsman can I run autocad or anything that comes even remotely close on OS4.1?

Enjoy your Sam and OS4.1, but dont come here all self rightious and preach to us. We arent anti amiga, we are anti zealot.
Old 04 April 2009, 07:44   #25
Slayer
Amiga Member

well, you chaps need to lighten up, I ain't preaching I'm just stating how it is...

embrace what you are and be happy, I am :-D

And I certainly can't help having all those Amiga systems, I've been buying Amiga Stuff since I was 19, I'd never get what I paid for it... well, over the years anyway...

You can't ever win, doesn't matter how much support you have for each other, but it is cute ;-)

and whacked bunch I thought was a pretty low key cuddly way of saying, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink... you'd rather spasm out instead... take it easy
Old 04 April 2009, 07:51   #26
Slayer
Amiga Member

btw, finger pointing is not what I am about

perhaps you should lead life like I do and one of the things I live by is:

If there is no truth there is no offense...

in short, if you can't identify with anything I have stated in this thread then you cannot be offended. If you can, tough biccys or if you're supporting those it is directed at why bother? It's just me Slayer here, I don't have a group of thuds behind me... I'm sure they can stand on there own feet...

so please, re-read the title of this thread and my initial post and ask yourself, why are you posting at all...
Old 04 April 2009, 08:25   #27
DC33
Zone Friend

It would appear that you are the one who is offended. Can't see anyone else having used that word but yourself. So in your saying "If there is no truth there is no offense...".... there must be some truth in what has been said otherwise why would you offended? ...and if you aren't offended, then why all this defensiveness ?

Seems to me that the only one out to win is you. I'm sure you will win because you're the only one running.

And at your request, I shall stay out of this thread. Oh... and why am I posting...? because I can !!
Old 04 April 2009, 08:48   #28
Slayer
Amiga Member

the word games raise there ugly head

you can clearly see why I would label what has been expressed by you fellows as fueled by potential offense and a need to win... If you can't then you have more serious issues to worry about that defending the right to not purchase new AmigaOS hardware...

hmmm, I just noticed the entire 3 of you are also Australian... heh, can't help wondering about that... anyway, in an attempt to draw some good out of this thread perhaps we can ask the other two who posted expressing there interest in the new hardware: Is there actually anything planned in ordering it?
Old 04 April 2009, 09:45   #29
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

The Australian thing might have something to do with timezones you rocket scientist.
Old 04 April 2009, 09:51   #30
DC33
Zone Friend

Old 04 April 2009, 10:05   #31
Slayer
Amiga Member

That isn't even funny, why should I have oncall knowledge of how EAB displays location as far as I know I enterted my location... but that was a long time ago if I did...

You're right about the remark regarding my IQ however, even if it was accidental

and DC33 never live in someone elses shadow heh
Old 04 April 2009, 10:16   #32
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

I'm leaving this thread in peace. Have fun with os4.1 and your sam slayer. That goes for anyone else who is getting one or has one.

Anyone should be welcome to talk about next gen amigas at EAB without getting flamed for it. Just understand there are other points of view here too. If you dont like hearing the other points of view perhaps you will feel more welcome at amigaworld.net or that amigans website.
Old 04 April 2009, 11:29   #33
asm1

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_hairy_bootson View Post
I'm leaving this thread in peace. Have fun with os4.1 and your sam slayer. That goes for anyone else who is getting one or has one.

Anyone should be welcome to talk about next gen amigas at EAB without getting flamed for it. Just understand there are other points of view here too. If you dont like hearing the other points of view perhaps you will feel more welcome at amigaworld.net or that amigans website.
+1

Quite.
Old 04 April 2009, 11:34   #34
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

[ Show youtube player ]
Not really related to the 800 Mhz version, but to see how Sam440ep and AmigaOS 4.1 'feel' like

I would say there is certainly a gap between the classical (read Commodore) Amigas and the new hardware with OS 4.1, however I see no problem with either point of view (or even better liking them both ). There is a point about the price if you compare it to a modern PC, but I also think you really shouldn't do that. The Sam aims for a rather small market and thus the costs per board are higher. If you have the money and think that it's worth it then enjoy it to the max

Btw : I think the 'stay away' note in your first post Slayer was like an invite to post exactly that
Old 04 April 2009, 12:39   #35
keropi

...and I didn't need to post again in this thread, the above amigos covered me
Old 04 April 2009, 16:31   #36
Yoto
1 Potato to Spam´em all!

Sam system boards are being released one after the other, too soon imho, i wont be too surprised if in a few months they will anounce a 200 mhz faster CPU, that may keep some people willing to invest such reasonable sum of money, waiting for an even faster system.
Os 4.1 looks nice, in that Utube video (thanks for the link TCD), but who will actually develop software for it?
Users must fell confortable with a system that actually brings something new to the market, and can really be used to do some real work, instead of just open and close fancy windows.The software/hardware support is uber important ofcourse.
I remember when i choosed A500 to be my first computer, the choise was based in the fact that the best software (games mostly) was being released to the Amiga.
Sadly, and to be honest, i´m not seeing Amiga Os 4.1 being used in applications beyound text processors, some games and uae emulators, maybe a photoshop or Dpaint like program, at most to play some Mp3´s and DivX´s movies.
OS 4.1 and Sam features are too little, ten years too late.
Still, if i can, i will buy them in the future, not because they rock, not because they are awsome, just because i´m a stubborn moth*r f*ck*r!!!
Old 04 April 2009, 16:43   #37
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotoxionomai View Post
Still, if i can, i will buy them in the future, not because they rock, not because they are awsome, just because i´m a stubborn moth*r f*ck*r!!!
That's the spirit mate
Old 05 April 2009, 00:03   #38
NovaCoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotoxionomai View Post
Sam system boards are being released one after the other, too soon imho, i wont be too surprised if in a few months they will anounce a 200 mhz faster CPU, that may keep some people willing to invest such reasonable sum of money, waiting for an even faster system.
The IBM PPC that makes up the SAM goes up to 1.6GHZ, supports 4GB of RAM and PCI Express

Old 05 April 2009, 00:16   #39
cv643d

LoL.. yes,, english emulation board. Good one

IMHO Workbench recompiled and remade to be able to run on 800 MHz hardware is cool.

Too bad compatibility with oldschool apps is so low, it would have been OS4.* best killer application if you could run any system friendly 3.* application (with emulated paula).

F*ck classic games IMHO they belong on A1200.

So what, it does not play Shadow Of the Beast? big problem (its a crap game anyway ).
Old 05 April 2009, 00:42   #40
Yoto
1 Potato to Spam´em all!

Quote:
@ NovaCoder
The IBM PPC that makes up the SAM goes up to 1.6GHZ, supports 4GB of RAM and PCI Express
Yes, but why Sam´s now sold dont have PCIe nor 1.6 Ghz Cpu?
Its an obvious market "solution" to sell us the "same thing" a few times over imho.