English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 10 June 2005, 04:44   #1
AmigaEd
Zone Friend

Is Amiga Alive Dead?

Hello Amigans,

Is Amiga Alive... DEAD?

The link from the Amigasys site appears to be dead. All of the other links that I've found on Google for this appear to go nowhere.

Does anyone know the status of this? I'd really like to run AmigaSys from my USB drive.

-AmigaEd
Old 10 June 2005, 14:28   #2
Dr. Dude

Remember one thing at all time
Amiga is and always will be alive Never doubt that

The ones that do... go DO a pc

The hardware of Amiga may die slow, but the heart and spirit of Amiga will live on
Old 10 June 2005, 14:32   #3
HOL2001
Amigamaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaEd
Hello Amigans,

...The link from the Amigasys site appears to be dead. All of the other links that I've found on Google for this appear to go nowhere.
Does anyone know the status of this? I'd really like to run AmigaSys from my USB drive.

-AmigaEd
Well, I tried this link: http://amigasys.fw.hu/ a few minutes ago... And the link works great.

It may be, that the site got a lot of clicks in the last days, so that the site sometimes won't open.
Just try several times.
Old 10 June 2005, 18:14   #4
Oryp

Amiga parts/software

Anyone know a reliable site for Amiga software (OS 3.9) and hardware here in the States?

I keep finding loads of systems for sales overseas, but that does me no good, as I need a NTSC, not a PAL system.

I also refuse to buy things off EBay, as they are usually way overpriced.
Old 10 June 2005, 20:43   #5
HOL2001
Amigamaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oryp
Anyone know a reliable site for Amiga software (OS 3.9) and hardware here in the States?

I keep finding loads of systems for sales overseas, but that does me no good, as I need a NTSC, not a PAL system.

Hmm, wrong Thread I think....
Old 12 June 2005, 19:51   #6
Chuckles
The Ancient One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oryp

You might want to rethink that stance with regard to eBay, as I've found the reverse to be true. Due to scant demand for Amiga software, the number of suppliers is understandably tiny, and the few that you might find tend to ask higher prices since they know they have virtually no competition. With eBay, as long as you limit yourself to those items that have low starting bids and no reserve, then the buyer is the one setting the price - not the seller. If a buyer wants something badly enough you'll see the price get pretty steep, but you can also get some real bargains. I've managed to pick up a Mac Color Classic, an A2000 and a full Apple IIGS system (complete with drives and monitor) without even approaching $100 off of eBay, and I've picked up a lot of Amiga software too - usually for only a couple of bucks per title. It take some patience though to get what you want at a price you like, but it can often be done.