English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.aGTW

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 28 February 2012, 20:56   #1
MrX_Cuci
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 39
Posts: 186
Mr Nutz

On the end credits there is a mention of the sequel in production. Anyone care to contact someone at Neon about it? They still seem to be active in the business. I read somewhere the mr nuts engine would be used Got a fourth installment of turrican.
MrX_Cuci is offline  
Old 28 February 2012, 23:21   #2
lilalurl
Global Moderator
lilalurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: France
Age: 39
Posts: 2,927
Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrX_Cuci View Post
I read somewhere the mr nuts engine would be used Got a fourth installment of turrican.
No idea about the sequel and Neon status, but I suppose that for the quoted part you refered to
Quote:
Peter Thierolf joined Neon Studios (the developers of Mr. Nutz: Hoppin' Mad) while coding Turrican 3. The Amiga Mr. Nutz graphics engine was then used as the basis for Amiga Turrican 3. Thus, the Amiga source code is copyrighted to Neon Studios. (Source: Peter Thierolf)
Taken from: http://hol.abime.net/1537

Or do you mean something else about a 4th Turrican game?
lilalurl is offline  
Old 29 February 2012, 14:29   #3
MrX_Cuci
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 39
Posts: 186
Turrican 3 is actually a megadrive conversion made by KAIKO. I doubt the Mr. Nutz engine was used for that. I am more interesed in Mr. Nutz 2 as mentioned in the ending credits.

Quote:
Jüngst erst stellten sie mit Mr. Nutz das Amiga-Jump & Run schlechthin auf die Beine. Nun sind die Jungs von NEON für Turrican 4 im Gespräch. Zusammen mit Softgold und Factor 5 wird derzeit gerade über eine mögliche Fortsetzung nachgedacht. Basierend auf der Games Engine von Mr. Nutz ließ sich gewiß ein anständiger Nachfolger produzieren. Wir bleiben am Ball...
Die Mr. Nutz-Schöpfer von Neon sind als Programmierer für Turrican IV im Gespräch.
MrX_Cuci is offline  
Old 29 February 2012, 15:23   #4
Akira
Registered User

Akira's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: New York
Posts: 19,265
I don't know if the engine was used, but there are similarities between both games (like, the loader), which are undeniable. Actually I thought Mr. Nutz was released AFTER Turrican 3.
Akira is offline  
Old 29 February 2012, 19:26   #5
lilalurl
Global Moderator
lilalurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: France
Age: 39
Posts: 2,927
Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrX_Cuci View Post
Turrican 3 is actually a megadrive conversion made by KAIKO. I doubt the Mr. Nutz engine was used for that.
Well, I don't know the details nor have the technical knowledge to check things in details, but I believe there is indeed a link, based on what is written on HoL and the fact that when Turrican 3 source code was released it also contained the source code of Mr. Nutz Megadrive version:
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?p=471647#post471647

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrX_Cuci View Post
I am more interesed in Mr. Nutz 2 as mentioned in the ending credits.

Quote:
Jüngst erst stellten sie mit Mr. Nutz das Amiga-Jump & Run schlechthin auf die Beine. Nun sind die Jungs von NEON für Turrican 4 im Gespräch. Zusammen mit Softgold und Factor 5 wird derzeit gerade über eine mögliche Fortsetzung nachgedacht. Basierend auf der Games Engine von Mr. Nutz ließ sich gewiß ein anständiger Nachfolger produzieren. Wir bleiben am Ball...
Die Mr. Nutz-Schöpfer von Neon sind als Programmierer für Turrican IV im Gespräch.
Thanks for that. Never played Mr. Nutz till the end so I never saw that (and probably would not have paid attention since I don't speak German ).
lilalurl is offline  
Old 29 February 2012, 23:55   #6
MrX_Cuci
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 39
Posts: 186
Well since you guys are all about Turrican....you could consider this as some sort of follow-up. Released in Japan only: [ Show youtube player ]
MrX_Cuci is offline  
Old 01 March 2012, 02:46   #7
lilalurl
Global Moderator
lilalurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: France
Age: 39
Posts: 2,927
Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrX_Cuci View Post
Well since you guys are all about Turrican....you could consider this as some sort of follow-up. Released in Japan only: [ Show youtube player ]
There is also a rom hack of RR, using the Turrican sprite, that s2325 posted about a while ago:
[ Show youtube player ]
lilalurl is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mr Nutz - Hoppin Mad - is not Mr Nutz ? Toaks HOL contributions 25 19 April 2013 00:39
Mr. Nutz levels Joe Maroni Nostalgia & memories 1 20 March 2013 18:53
Decrunched Mr Nutz Daniel Cordell request.Old Rare Games 9 21 September 2011 11:05
Mr. Nutz!!!!!!!!!! Sheri support.Games 18 10 April 2002 17:54
Mr. Nutz Pyromania request.Old Rare Games 3 04 March 2002 17:53

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.08203 seconds with 15 queries