English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 10 September 2009, 10:50   #1
Anakirob
Unregistered User

Lyrics

I'm working on a track for this years Syntax.

I plan to write it with a mix of AHX MOD SAY and code, it would be released as a small +2.04 compatible executable.

And if you hadn't guessed by the title of this thread I'd like some help with lyrics.

I want the theme to be Amiga vs ST, possibly with the title and line "Alec Empire is a Pussy", although it does not have to be.

Maybe a rhyme about how he needs $100000's MIDI equipment to do what an amiga can do in 4channels and 64k of code.

For those of you who don't know my style's usually pretty 'raw'. Picture gabber/breaks/glitch drums with rapid noisy semi-random arpeggios. I don't plan to hold back, so neither should you.

I'd would write the rythm/melody around the lyrics. But I also plan to program a little live variation in there. Say is a *little* unpredictable with timing, so it would have to. I have a few nice sample sets to use. But that's irrelevant....

Surely there's some hip-hoping MC's out there in the Amiga scene who could take a stab at elaborating upon this.

I'm particularly fond of the UK/Jamaican style of MCing. Garage or Two-Step or whatever the cool kids call it. So maybe think along those lines in terms of structure, but as long if it fit's a four-four pattern it should be fine.

I would of course share any prizemoney and all credit with any colaborator. But that's not the point now, is it?
Old 10 September 2009, 11:00   #2
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Where can I check out some of your existing tracks?
I use to know loads of people in the scene - but now im getting old, If theres a decent MC around here that would be something
Old 10 September 2009, 11:22   #3
s2325
Zone Friend

sorry, but my first thought was [ Show youtube player ]
Old 10 September 2009, 13:07   #4
Anakirob
Unregistered User

Quote:
Where can I check out some of your existing tracks?
Aminet has a bunch of stuff in mods/anakir. Not my best work, but you get the idea.

I particularly recommend checking out the stuff I did (PT+Buzz) with deadPunx but that was a while ago. My style has progressed a bit since then.

www.systemofsound.org might still be there, if it is then it has some mods. It was kinda abandoned before it was properly started. We're in the process of moving it to another URL with actual content.

And there's a couple of tracks on 8bitcollective.com my username there is the same as here.

I could maybe find you some (better) stuff using real instruments, but that's kinda irrelevant too.

Oh, and for the record:
Quote:
I have nothing against Alec Empire OR Atari - Me
I just think it'd be a cool/funny concept to make such a song for demoparty. It's going up against chiptunes, it's within the rules. Imagine a song with lyrics going up against chiptunes.