English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 29 March 2011, 05:14   #1
brolly

About Mouse order

WinUAE detects 3 mice on my computer, 2 RAW Mouse and one Windows Mouse.

Windows Mouse and one of the RAW Mouse works fine, but the other RAW mouse doesn't work at all. I'm not sure on why I have 2 RAW Mouse detected, but moving on to the problem.

I'm running WinUAE through Winuaeloader and when a game uses the mouse winuaeloader will write mouse1 on joyport0. My bad that mouse1 seems to be precisely the RAW Mouse that does nothing on my system, so I need to press F12 and go to winuae and change it to the right one everytime, since I want to run this on a cabinet this is not something I can do.
So I wonder if there is any way to change the order so that the right RAW Mouse would be mouse1? Or simply remove the wrong one?

I'm hoping something like this would be possible since winuaeloader will always use the mouse1 I'm afraid.
Old 29 March 2011, 07:58   #2
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Have you tried to create a 'default.uae' config with the correct mouse selected?
Old 29 March 2011, 12:53   #3
brolly

Thing is Winuaeloader overrides the config file everytime it runs so that doesn't work unfortunately as it only always write mouse1 in there.
If I create a config on WinUAE with the right mouse and run the game without going through winuaeloader it will work.
Old 29 March 2011, 13:25   #4
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Hmm, does it override a config called 'default.uae' as well or just it's own config?
Old 29 March 2011, 15:55   #5
brolly

It uses it's own config file and passes it to WinUAE, but it will change all the inputs to whatever we defined on winuaeloader so I assume it would override that default.uae.
I can give it a try though, who knows. So should I just create a config file named default.uae a put it wherever my configuration files path is pointing too?

Goku on HS boards suggested me to swap the names on the uae file for input.1.mouse.1.name, input.1.mouse.2.name, etc. for all the inputs. Maybe that will work, I can see the order they show up on the config is the same order they appear on the dropdown list and mouse1 is indeed the wrong mouse there too. I can only test this tonight, maybe this would solve it.
Old 29 March 2011, 16:10   #6
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

"mouse" is the default mouse, "mouse1" is second mouse and so on..
Old 29 March 2011, 17:35   #7
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Guess Toni already found the problem, but just in case :

Quote:
Originally Posted by brolly View Post
So should I just create a config file named default.uae a put it wherever my configuration files path is pointing too?
Yep. Might still come in handy
Old 29 March 2011, 19:57   #8
brolly

Umm, any idea why WinUAE shows me 3 different mouse entries when I only have 1 mouse on my system?
mouse1 (2nd mouse) does nothing for me, the ones that work are windows mouse (mouse) and mouse2 (the third mouse).

Weird why Winuaeloader is passing mouse1 then if that one is the 2nd mouse, I guess it should be passing the default mouse.

TCD : So if there's a config present named default.uae WinUAE will pick this one if no config is chosen? I have my own config, but I always load it or pass it as a parameter to WinUAE. It's not called default.uae of course.
Old 29 March 2011, 19:59   #9
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by brolly View Post
TCD : So if there's a config present named default.uae WinUAE will pick this one if no config is chosen? I have my own config, but I always load it or pass it as a parameter to WinUAE. It's not called default.uae of course.
Indeed
Old 29 March 2011, 20:35   #10
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

It could be unused PS/2 port for example. It is Windows and driver version specific..

Check/attach winuaebootlog.txt.
Old 30 March 2011, 03:28   #11
brolly

There you go.
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaebootlog.txt (8.7 KB, 143 views)
Old 30 March 2011, 08:32   #12
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

VendorID 099a = Zippy Technology Corp.

Same identifiers as your keyboard in bootlog. Some kind of keyboard+mouse combo?
Old 30 March 2011, 09:54   #13
Mclane
Old retro god.

I also get 3 Mice, the Windows Mouse that works fine, MY MS Intelli Mouse that works fine and a HID-Compliant Mouse [0E8F/0020] which does nothing.

In Win 7 under devices its shows my PS2 to USB adaptor and under functions it shows it as being a HID-Mouse amongst other things, so there's the 3rd mouse I reckon...
Old 30 March 2011, 19:39   #14
brolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
VendorID 099a = Zippy Technology Corp.

Same identifiers as your keyboard in bootlog. Some kind of keyboard+mouse combo?
Not at all, my keyboard is a Revoltec Fightboard Advance and the mouse is a Razer DeathAdder. They are not even from the same brand, perhaps Zippy Techonlogy builds the controllers for both Revoltec and Razer, I really have no idea why that name shows up there.

Both are USB, I do have a PS2 mouse port, but it's not being used.

There is no way to reorder them right? I mean to tell WinUAE which one should be considered as mouse1, mouse2, etc.
Old 30 March 2011, 20:12   #15
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Strange to have mouse HID included without real mouse operations..

Only "mouse" is considered always available and working, all others are system specific. (and bug in software that writes the config file)

EDIT: use some hexeditor to find string "mouse1" in program executable that creates (bad) config file and replace "1" with zero byte

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 30 March 2011 at 20:51.
Old 30 March 2011, 21:51   #16
brolly

Thanks for the suggestion, I tried it, but couldn't find any mouse1 on my search, I found 3 mouse references, but none to mouse1. Damn, I was having some hope for a while.

I guess if mouse0 is what should always be used I can try my luck and see if headkraze can fix it and make a new build of winuaeloader. Should be a pretty simple change, hopefully he will be able to do it.

Just to be sure, mouse0 should always be the one to be used right?
Old 01 April 2011, 03:54   #17
brolly

I contacted headkraze and he fixed it, everything is working fine now. mouse0 is used from now on.

Thanks for the help Toni & TCD.